Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market: Introduction
- Microbiological safety cabinets, also known as biosafety cabinets, are enclosed ventilated laboratory workspaces that provide safety to workers as well as specimen that is to be handled
- These safety cabinets also protect the environment from aerosol arising from handling potentially harmful microorganisms, as it is discharged into the air through high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters
- Three different types of microbial safety cabinets are available in the market: Class I safety cabinets, class II safety cabinets, and class III safety cabinets. These safety cabinets are classified based on the level of personnel, environmental protection, and product protection provided.
- Microbiological safety cabinets are widely used by hospitals and diagnostic laboratories to carry out various clinical tests
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market Report
Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market: Key Drivers
- The global microbiological safety cabinets market is primarily driven by the rise in outbreak of various microbiological infectious diseases across the globe. High prevalence of chronic infectious diseases across the globe is also expected to fuel the microbiological safety cabinets market during the forecast period.
- Around 2.3 billion people across the globe are affected by one or more types of hepatitis viruses. Around 1.4 million people across the globe die each year due to hepatitis virus infections.
- Technological advancements and upgrade of products in order to achieve optimum functionality of cabinets are likely to boost the microbiological safety cabinets market in the near future
- Rapid growth in number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories in developing countries such as Brazil, India, Mexico, China, Argentina, and some in the Middle East is one of the prominent factors fueling the market
Class II Microbiological Safety Cabinet Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global microbiological safety cabinets market can be divided into class I safety cabinets, class II safety cabinets, and class III safety cabinets. The class II safety cabinets segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- In class I safety cabinet, the air passes to the product to be handled in cabinet and is ultimately passed on to HEPA filters attached to the cabinets. In class II safety cabinets, 70% of air is recycled in work area, while the rest 30% of the air is vented outside the cabinet.
- Class II cabinets can be further sub-segmented into type A1, type A2, type B1, and type B2 safety cabinets
- Class III safety cabinets are completely enclosed systems that are designed to handle risk group 4 microorganisms. These cabinets ensure the safety of the environment as well as the worker from the specimen to be studied.
Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories Segment Offers Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global microbiological safety cabinets market can be segregated into hospitals & diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and research and academic institutes
- The hospitals & diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global market primarily due to large sample volumes that are examined in these setups across the globe
Asia Pacific Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global microbiological safety cabinets market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High proportion of investments in clinical research and development, large base of pharmaceutical biotechnology companies, and favorable support from governments for clinical research and development are anticipated to contribute to dominant share of North America during the forecast period
- The microbiological safety cabinets market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period, owing to significant improvement in health care infrastructure in emerging countries such as India, China, and South Korea; and high clinical R&D budgets in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Furthermore, rapid growth in number of diagnostic laboratories and hospitals; and increase in investments by biopharmaceutical companies are estimated to boost the microbiological safety cabinets in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global microbiological safety cabinets market is consolidated with a few number of global players accounting for majority of the share. Key players operating in the global microbiological safety cabinets market include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Labconco Corporation
- Kewaunee Scientific Corporation
- BIOBASE Group
- Germfree Laboratories, Inc.
- Erlab DFS
- Esco Micro Pte Ltd.
- MRC ltd.
- LaboGene A/S
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market: Research Scope
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market, by Product
- Class I Safety Cabinets
- Class II Safety Cabinets
- Type A1
- Type A2
- Type B1
- Type B2
- Class III Safety Cabinets
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research & Academic Institutes
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.