Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market: Introduction
- Microbiological safety cabinets, also known as biosafety cabinets, are enclosed ventilated laboratory workspaces that provide safety to workers as well as specimen that is to be handled
- These safety cabinets also protect the environment from aerosol arising from handling potentially harmful microorganisms, as it is discharged into the air through high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters
- Three different types of microbial safety cabinets are available in the market: Class I safety cabinets, class II safety cabinets, and class III safety cabinets. These safety cabinets are classified based on the level of personnel, environmental protection, and product protection provided.
- Microbiological safety cabinets are widely used by hospitals and diagnostic laboratories to carry out various clinical tests
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market Report
Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market: Key Drivers
- The global microbiological safety cabinets market is primarily driven by the rise in outbreak of various microbiological infectious diseases across the globe. High prevalence of chronic infectious diseases across the globe is also expected to fuel the microbiological safety cabinets market during the forecast period.
- Around 2.3 billion people across the globe are affected by one or more types of hepatitis viruses. Around 1.4 million people across the globe die each year due to hepatitis virus infections.
- Technological advancements and upgrade of products in order to achieve optimum functionality of cabinets are likely to boost the microbiological safety cabinets market in the near future
- Rapid growth in number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories in developing countries such as Brazil, India, Mexico, China, Argentina, and some in the Middle East is one of the prominent factors fueling the market
Class II Microbiological Safety Cabinet Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global microbiological safety cabinets market can be divided into class I safety cabinets, class II safety cabinets, and class III safety cabinets. The class II safety cabinets segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- In class I safety cabinet, the air passes to the product to be handled in cabinet and is ultimately passed on to HEPA filters attached to the cabinets. In class II safety cabinets, 70% of air is recycled in work area, while the rest 30% of the air is vented outside the cabinet.
- Class II cabinets can be further sub-segmented into type A1, type A2, type B1, and type B2 safety cabinets
- Class III safety cabinets are completely enclosed systems that are designed to handle risk group 4 microorganisms. These cabinets ensure the safety of the environment as well as the worker from the specimen to be studied.
Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories Segment Offers Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global microbiological safety cabinets market can be segregated into hospitals & diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and research and academic institutes
- The hospitals & diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global market primarily due to large sample volumes that are examined in these setups across the globe
Asia Pacific Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global microbiological safety cabinets market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High proportion of investments in clinical research and development, large base of pharmaceutical biotechnology companies, and favorable support from governments for clinical research and development are anticipated to contribute to dominant share of North America during the forecast period
- The microbiological safety cabinets market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period, owing to significant improvement in health care infrastructure in emerging countries such as India, China, and South Korea; and high clinical R&D budgets in Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Furthermore, rapid growth in number of diagnostic laboratories and hospitals; and increase in investments by biopharmaceutical companies are estimated to boost the microbiological safety cabinets in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global microbiological safety cabinets market is consolidated with a few number of global players accounting for majority of the share. Key players operating in the global microbiological safety cabinets market include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Labconco Corporation
- Kewaunee Scientific Corporation
- BIOBASE Group
- Germfree Laboratories, Inc.
- Erlab DFS
- Esco Micro Pte Ltd.
- MRC ltd.
- LaboGene A/S
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market: Research Scope
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market, by Product
- Class I Safety Cabinets
- Class II Safety Cabinets
- Type A1
- Type A2
- Type B1
- Type B2
- Class III Safety Cabinets
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research & Academic Institutes
Global Microbiological Safety Cabinets Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.