Microbial Identification Panels Market: Introduction
- Microbial identification is the determination of whether an organism should be placed in a group of organisms which is known to fit within some classification scheme. It is possible for an experienced microbiologist to identify a microorganism on a standard agar by its visual appearance. However, such methods are no substitute for a standard identification method and are generally unreliable.
- Accurate and definitive microorganism identification, including bacterial identification and pathogen detection, is essential for correct diagnosis of disease, infection treatment, and tracing back of disease outbreaks related with microbial infections. The microbial identification technique is quite important, as microbes can easily contaminate production facilities, raw materials, and products. It has outperformed the conventional culture-based methods, which are considered to be slow and have high risk of error. Microbial identification is used in various applications such as criminal investigation, microbial forensics, environmental studies, and bio-terrorism threats.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Microbial Identification Panels Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Microbial Identification Panels Market
- Rise in prevalence of infectious diseases and increase in food safety concerns are the major factors boosting the growth of the global microbial identification panels market
- According to the CDC, the number of emergency department visits with infectious and parasitic diseases as the primary diagnosis stood at 3.7 million in the U.S. in 2016
- Rise in usage of microorganisms for industrial applications, increase in technological advancements associated with microbial identification panels, and surge in initiatives by governments are expected to fuel the growth of the global microbial identification panels market
- However, high cost associated with microbial identification equipment and consumables are anticipated to restrain the microbial identification panels market
Strategies Adopted by Key Players and Emerging Economies to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global microbial identification panels market focus on catering to the needs of the medical community and patient population through introduction of novel products and technologies. Leading players emphasize on research & developmental activities and engage in acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations to strengthen their positions in the global market.
- For instance, in 2017, OpGen signed a supply agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific to combine its Acuitas Rapid Test for Pathogen ID with Thermo Fisher's real-time PCR solutions
- In April 2017, Bruker Corporation introduced new clinical microbiology assays and consumables kits to enhance the MALDI Biotyper (MBT) platform at the 27th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID). The company also introduced novel, real-time PCR assays and kits for fast molecular testing of invasive aspergillosis and carbapenem resistance.
- In January 2017, Merck KGaA, a leading life science and technology company, announced the acquisition of BioControl Systems, Inc., a global leader in food safety testing. The acquisition opened growth opportunities for Merck in the food and beverage space, particularly in the U.S.
- Emerging economies present lucrative opportunities in the microbial identification panels market owing to increase in patient population, surge in infectious diseases, and rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Microbial Identification Panels Market
- North America is projected to account for leading share of the global microbial identification panels market due to increase in health awareness, rise in patient population, well-established health care infrastructure, increase in technological advancements, surge in research & developmental activities, and presence of key players
- The microbial identification panels market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is attributed to increase in incidence of infectious diseases, rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, and surge in interest of key players in expanding market presence in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Microbial Identification Panels Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Microbial Identification Panels Market
Leading players in the global microbial identification panels market focus on research & development activities and technological advancements. Competitors also emphasize on various growth strategies including mergers, acquisitions, product advancements, product launches & approvals, partnerships, and collaborations. Key players operating in the global microbial identification panels market are:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Danaher Corporation
- bioMérieux SA
- Merck KGaA
- Charles River Laboratories
- Bruker Corporation
- VWR International, LLC.
- Eurofins Scientific
- Shimadzu Corporation
Global Microbial Identification Panels Market: Research Scope
Global Microbial Identification Panels Market, by Product & Services
- Automated Microbial Identification Systems
- Mass Spectrometers
- Plates & Media
- Reagents & Kits
- Software & Services
Global Microbial Identification Panels Market, by Patient Monitoring Type
- Sanger Sequencing
- Next-generation Sequencing (NGS)
- 16S/18S/ Internal Transcribed Spacer (ITS) rRNA Sequencing
- Metagenomics Sequencing
- Antimicrobial Resistance Testing
Global Microbial Identification Panels Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Diagnostics Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Companies
Global Microbial Identification Panels Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!