Micro System-on-Module: Introduction
- A system on module (SOM) or computer on module (COM) is a complete chip on a single printed circuit board, containing elements such as RAM, clock, Ethernet, microprocessor, I/O controllers, and flash memory. It is a subtype of an embedded computer system.
- Micro system-on-module (SOM) is a smaller version of the system- on- module based on Intel’s Braswell architecture, which is built around a carrier board that integrates all the ports together, essential in one small personal computer.
- The size of the micro system-on-module (SOM) ranges from 52.8mm to 40mm. The product serves a broad variety of uses beginning from a calculator to engineering controls to space technology. Presently, above 2 billion micro system-on-modules are mass produced every year.
Micro System-on-Module (SOM) Market: Market Dynamics
- The transformation of industrial automation is possible due to microchips and integrated circuits. Micro system-on-module (SOM) usage provides flexibility to perform hardware and software development activity simultaneously; hence, it is widely preferred by major companies such as Motorola, SUN Microsystems, Xerox, IBM, and DEC in their Blade computers.
- Several other properties such as cost saving, variety in CPU choices, and demand for reduced design by clients are small but effective factors which are propelling the micro system-on-module (SOM) market globally.
- Although demand and need for micro system-on-modules (SOM) in the market is significant, the high development cost of industrial embedded systems hinders the market growth to a certain extent.
- High demand for computing capabilities has increased the complexity of embedded systems. Manufacturers are designing micro system-on-module that use multiple cycles with more instruction set computing, which further contributes to the overall complexity of embedded systems.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Technological Advancements in Electronic Equipment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Robotics and industrial automation have transformed manufacturing processes with the implementation of complex embedded systems, creating a market for more efficient and powerful SoMs. Industrial technology has progressed and include multiple capabilities such as wireless connectivity, smart sensors, and imaging; this has boosted the demand for advanced and efficient systems and is expected to provide various opportunities during the forecast period.
- Recently, industries are implementing the idea of multicore processor with different, two or more micro system-on-modules. Previously, microcontrollers were commonly used in industrial implanted systems including industrial process control, actuators, robotics, and sensors.
- Therefore, manufacturers are offering single chips with multiple cores to improve applications, escalate reliability, decrease power consumption, and reduce full functioning costs.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the global micro system-on-module market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The micro system-on-module market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to increase in the number of semiconductor manufacturers in China and some other Asian countries and rise in development and expenditure on technological advancements in electronic equipment.
- The micro system-on-module market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global micro system-on-module market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for micro system-on-modules. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products and to gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global micro system-on-module market include:
- Inforce Computing, Inc.
- MEN Micro
- National Instruments
- Infineon Technologies
- ADL Embedded Solutions
- ADLINK Technology
- Texas Instruments
- DAVE Embedded Systems
- Samsung Electronics
- IBASE Technology
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Micro System-on-Module Market, Request for a Sample
Global Micro System-on-Module Market: Research Scope
Global Micro System-on-Module Market, by Applications
- Storage blades
- Blade servers
- Internet of Things
- Medical devices
- Network Appliances
- Data acquisition
Global Micro System-on-Module Market, by End-use Industries
- Industrial automation
Global Micro System-on-Module Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.