Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market: Overview
- Gastric cancer (GC) is the second-leading cause of cancer-related mortality worldwide and is also responsible for a significantly high cancer burden, as measured by disability-adjusted life years lost. The World Health Organization estimates that in 2018, gastric cancer accounted for 783,000 deaths worldwide. Approximately 50 to 65% of GC patients present with locally advanced or metastatic disease, and the majority would have systemic disease at some time during the course of their illness.
- Gastric cancer incidence and mortality are highly variable by region and highly dependent on diet and Helicobacter pylori infection. Gastric cancer is more prevalent in males. In developed countries, gastric cancer is 2.2 times more likely to be diagnosed in males than females.
Key Drivers and Restrains of Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market
- Favorable reimbursement in developed countries, adoption of combination therapy such as chemotherapy with immunotherapy drugs that effectively work in the stage III or IV gastric cancer. Doctors are also opting for chemotherapy before surgery, called neoadjuvant therapy, or after surgery, called adjuvant therapy to treat metastatic gastric cancer, which is likely to drive the metastatic gastric cancer treatment market.
- However, low survival rate of metastatic gastric cancer and high cost associated with the immunotherapy treatment procedures are likely to restraint the market during the forecast period
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global metastatic gastric cancer market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. The region is anticipated to account for a significant share of the global market due to wide availability of immunotherapy drugs and favorable reimbursement scenario.
- The market in Asia Pacific is driven by sustainable growth trends across all clinical fields in countries in the region and consequent increase in number of cases. Moreover, Latin America recorded high prevalence of H. pylori infection and the region has highest gastric cancer incidence rate in the world. According to GLOBOCAN data, in 2018, more than 51,000 gastric cancer cases were diagnosed in Latin America.
Key Players Operating in Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global metastatic gastric cancer treatment market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Sanofi S.A
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride
- Fluorouracil Injection
- Radiation Therapy
Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market, by Indication
- Gastric Adenocarcinoma
- Gastrointestinal Stroma Tumor
Global Metastatic Gastric Cancer Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.