Metal-clad Cable Market
Metal-clad Cable Market (Metallic Cover Type: Smooth [Tube] Metallic Sheath, Corrugated Metallic Sheath, and Interlocking Metal Tape Armor; Armor Material: Aluminum, Steel, and Others; and End-use Industry: Residential, Commercial, Industrial, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2025
Press Release :
Plug-and-Play Manufacturing Help Overcome Uncertainty during COVID-19
Mission-critical applications such as fire alarm systems and healthcare facilities are helping manufacturers in the metal-clad cable market to stay afloat during the coronavirus outbreak. Although the semiconductor industry has not been much affected by the pandemic, volatility in supply and demand has been witnessed during 2020 and now in the first quarter of 2021. Hence, manufacturers in the metal-clad cable market are adopting the plug-and-play mode to keep economies running during volatile demand and supply.
Countries including Canada, India, Brazil, and certain European countries are struggling with a third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Hence, companies are adopting strategic measures such as entering into agreements to manage debt and investment in new technologies to efficiently manage finances.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Metal-clad Cable Market
Utility, Commercial Projects Trigger Demand for Metal-clad Armored Cables
Metal-clad armored cables are being highly publicized as a cost-effective alternative to traditional pipe and wire. However, rising price and limited availability of conduit have having a strong impact on a contractor’s profitability. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities and availability for metal-clad armored cables, which help to eliminate the need for electrical conduit.
Companies in the metal-clad cable market are boosting their output capacities for metal-clad armored cables, since they are gaining popularity for providing high mechanical protection and durability in construction and industrial applications. Moreover, these cables require fewer labor hours during installation. Metal-clad armored cables are growing prominent in industrial, utility, and commercial projects. Interlocked armor is flexible unlike the electrical conduit. Such cables are being used in installations where close-spaced bends are involved.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Aluminum, Steel Interlocked Armor Gain Prominence in Direct Burial Applications
The metal-clad cable market is predicted to expand at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Companies are bolstering their production capabilities in metal-clad armored instrumentation cables to tap into incremental opportunities in installations at raceways and direct burial applications. Shawcor - a company specializing in technology-based products is unlocking business opportunities in outdoor exposed industrial applications by providing its metal-clad armored instrumentation cables.
Metal-clad armored instrumentation cables are acquiring prominence for converting analogue and digital signals. Such applications are translating into value-grab opportunities for manufacturers in the metal-clad cable market that are increasing focus on product construction using aluminum interlocked armor (AIA) and steel interlocked armor (SIA).
Smooth Profiles in Metal-clad Cables Improve Pulling Experience
There is a growing demand for metal-clad cables that make the pulling experience less noisy and relatively fast. This has led to the popularity of MC Glide™ offered by AFC Cable Systems®, and are helping to improve the cable pulling experience. Manufacturers in the metal-clad cable market are taking cues from such innovations to develop cables that glide through metal studs and ceilings, whilst offering a smooth, fast, and quiet pulling experience.
Companies in the metal-clad cable market are increasing their R&D muscle to innovate in products that reduce friction and move easily without sacrificing on flexibility and strength. They are incorporating smooth profiles in cables to provide less resistance and allow installers to work faster.
Cutting-edge Metal-clad Cables Deploy Superior Performance in Wet Electrical Environments
Rugged durability, flexibility, and corrosion resistance are top priorities of end users in the metal-clad cable market. Belden Incorporated - a U.S.-based manufacturer of networking, connectivity, and cable products, is expanding its product portfolio in metal-clad cables that are easy to handle and meet the needs of demanding environments. Aluminum interlocking armor is being highly preferred in metal-clad cables and eliminate the need for costly conduit.
In order to expand revenue streams, manufacturers in the metal-clad cable market are developing products that deploy superior performance in wet electrical environments and extreme indoor & outdoor temperatures. They are developing cables that align with versatile installation options involving projects such as cable trays. Clients are demanding reliable connections in direct burial applications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Metal-clad Cable Market
Essential applications including utilities, healthcare facilities, and construction projects are helping to keep economies running amid the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. Technical resources such as video distance charts and videos are being used by semiconductor companies to co-ordinate with end customers during the pandemic. In order to overcome challenges of slow and noisy cable pulling, manufacturers are developing cables that eliminate tedious conduit pre-installation before wire pulling, which helps to save time, cost, and manpower. Smooth profiles are being preferred in metal-clad cables to improve the cable pulling experience. Apart from aluminum & steel, served wire armor (SWA) and zetabon armor are being produced by manufacturers in the metal-clad cable market.
Metal-clad Cable Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global metal-clad cable market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2020–2025, increasing urbanization and industrialization, ease of installation, lower variable costs, higher efficiency, and versatility of applications boosting demand are key factors expected to drive the global metal-clad cable market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global metal-clad cable market is expected to reach value of US$ 21.7 Bn by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Increasing Urbanization and Industrialization: A Key Driver
- The modern era is witnessing an ever-growing rate of urbanization all over the world with the urban population share growing to 55.7% in 2019 from 51.1% in 2009. According to a report by the United Nations, the number of megacities (cities with population of 10 million or more) is expected to grow to 41 in 2030 from 28 in 2014.
- The growing rate of urbanization is resulting in huge demand for building construction and infrastructural development in cities across the globe, especially in emerging economies. Along with growing urbanization, industrialization is also increasing the demand for metal-clad cables. Industries such as water & wastewater treatment, mining, pulp & paper processing, oil & gas, petrochemicals, and power generation have witnessed the most growth in demand for MC cables in the last decade
- As metal-clad cables deliver maximum power, high-reliability, and flexible installation, they are apt for applications that demand high-capacity power, and as such are now increasingly being used in plants that generate their own power, such as factories, power substations, automotive sector, and plastics
- All these factors are boosting the demand for metal-clad cables. These cables are used extensively for power distribution in commercial and industrial infrastructures. This driver is expected to have a high impact on the global metal-clad cable market during the forecast period.
Versatility of Applications Driving Metal-clad Cable Market
- Metal-clad cables come in a variety of configurations such as isolated grounds, neutral per phase, super neutral, and home run cable. Hence, they are used in numerous applications according to consumer needs. Metal-clad cables can be used in wet, dirty, or oily locations can be buried directly in earth or concrete, surface mounted or trenched for use in parking decks or parking lot applications, in golf courses, swimming pool motors, and many more applications.
- Some variations of metal-clad cables also offer redundant ground fault paths, which provide added safety for hospital and patient care areas, further adding to their application range. Metal-clad cables are used in almost any type of concrete structure, including stadiums, schools, multifamily homes, hotels, commercial retail and office facilities, industrial plants, power distribution substations, warehouses, etc. Thus, the versatility of usage is a major factor driving the growth of the metal-clad cable market.
Metal-clad Cable Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of metal-clad cable have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global metal-clad cable market are
- Belden Inc.
- Nexans S.A.
- AFC Cables
- Aksh Optifibre
- General Cable Corp
- Prysmian, Southwire
- PDU Cables
- Huadong Cable Group
Metal-clad Cable Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of metal-clad cable, such as Southwire Company, LLC., Aksh Optifibre, and Nexans S.A. are focusing on new acquisitions and investments to expand and offer new products to customers. Some other key developments in the global metal-clad cable market have been highlighted below:
- In January 2021, SouthWire partnered with The Ray to enhance energy and highway infrastructure. The company will invest in sustainable concepts and projects in these areas, which is likely to enhance the commitment and capabilities that they share.
- In 2021, Aksh Optifibre is planning to expand the capacity of Dubai Optical Fibre drawing plant of 4 Million FKM capacity to 7 Million FKM. This expansion will enhance the company’s backward integration capabilities and support cable capacities in a sufficient manner.
- In the global metal-clad cable market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of metal-clad cable systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global metal-clad cable market.
Metal-clad Cable Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global metal-clad cable market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global metal-clad cable market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global metal-clad cable market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2025.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global metal-clad cable market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global metal-clad cable market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global metal-clad cable market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global metal-clad cable market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Metal-clad Cable Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global metal-clad cable market between 2020 and 2025?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global metal-clad cable market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of metal-clad cable over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global metal-clad cable market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global metal-clad cable market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the global metal-clad cable market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global metal-clad cable market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global metal-clad cable market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global metal-clad cable market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global metal-clad cable market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global metal-clad cable market more reliable and accurate.
Metal-clad Cable Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global metal-clad cable market divides the market based on metallic cover type, armor material, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global metal-clad cable market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.
|Metallic Cover Type||