Metal Scavenging Agents Market
Metal Scavenging Agents Market (Type: Alumina-based, Carbon-based, Silica-based, Resin-based, and Others [Sulfonic Acid and Polymers]; and End-use Industry: Water Treatment, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Pulp & Paper, and Others [Agrochemicals, Drug Discovery, Biotechnology, Manufacturing]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
New Phytoextraction Strategies Help Stakeholders Tackle Issues of Heavy Metal Pollution in Soil
Innovations in phytoremediation are creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the metal scavenging agents market. The prevalence of heavy metal pollution is one of the key drivers for the metal scavenging agents market. Companies are increasing their production capacities of chelating compounds as stakeholders involved in phytoremediation are increasingly benefitting from heavy metal tolerance, with the removal of toxic ions in sensitive sights.
Stakeholders in the metal scavenging agents value chain are adopting new strategies for phytoremediation. These involve increased adoption of physical and chemical processes of chelation that are steering market growth. Another winning strategy to alter the metal availability in polluted soil is the technique of chelate-induced phytoextraction. Likewise, synthetic chelating agent ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) is found to reduce heavy metal pollution in soil.
Companies in the metal scavenging agents market are developing new biodegradable chelating agents such as nitrilotriacetic acid (NTA) and ethylenediaminedisuccinic acid (EDDS) to enhance the efficacy of phytoextraction.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Carbon-based Nanomaterials Generate Incremental Opportunities for Manufacturers
Nanotechnology is an emerging concept in the metal scavenging agents market. Manufacturers are developing unique nanomaterials such as carbon-based and metal-oxide based nanomaterials for the removal of heavy metals from polluted water. This trend is advantageous for companies in the metal scavenging agents market, as carbon-based agents account for the second-highest volume amongst all agent types, with an estimated output of ~1,200 kgs by the end of 2027.
Nanomaterials are creating incremental opportunities in the metal scavenging agents landscape, since water treatment is predicted for the second-highest revenue in market, with an estimated value of ~US$ 3.6 million by 2027. Companies are increasing R&D to develop novel nanomaterials such as zero-valent metal and nanocomposites to tackle the issue of heavy metal pollution in water.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Apart from water treatment, companies in the metal scavenging agents ecosystem can increase the applicability of carbon-based nanomaterials in electronics industry, owing to their excellent thermal and electrical properties. Carbon nanotubes-based and graphene-based nanomaterials are gaining popularity as efficacious carbon-based nanomaterials.
Companies Adopt Environment-friendly Practices to Produce Improved Silica-based Scavengers
Lab innovations are giving rise to technologically-advanced metal scavenging agents. Companies are strengthening their manufacturing productivity to develop versatile agents that are compatible in batch flow and microwave processes. These drivers are benefitting stakeholders in the chemical end-use industry. To gain credibility in the global metal scavenging agents market, companies are adopting green and environmental-friendly technologies for the production of new compounds.
Companies are increasing their production capabilities of silica-based metal scavenging agents to cater to challenging purification processes in various chemistries. Silica gels are gaining increased popularity in new purification procedures. These gels are found to be efficacious in specific purification environments. Silica-based scavengers are increasingly replacing polymer-based scavengers, owing to their advantages of mechanical stability and faster kinetic abilities. Environmental-friendly practices are helping companies abide by stringent regulations laid down in the pharmaceutical industry.
8-hydroxyquinoline Derivatives Serve as Alternative Solution to CQ for Treatment of NDDs
New developments in metal-based drugs and chelating agents are creating a scope for new treatment options in neurodegenerative diseases (NDDs). This phenomena is relatable, since the pharmaceutical industry accounts for the highest volume in the metal scavenging agents market, with an estimated output of ~5,300 kgs by 2027.
Disruptive disorders affecting the brain are increasing the demand for efficacious metal-based drugs. This trend is leading to growth of the metal scavenging agents market. Other drivers such as high prevalence of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disorder are further catalyzing market growth. Hence, companies in the metal scavenging agents market are increasing research efforts to understand the different factors related to NDDs, to introduce novel treatment methods and therapies in the healthcare landscape.
Clioquinol (CQ) is a novel chelating agent that is found to showcase promising results to reduce cognitive deterioration in patients. However, CQ cannot be used for large-scale synthesis, and has led to side effects such as the induction of myelinopathies in patients. Hence, manufacturers in the metal scavenging agents space are now increasing the production of second generation 8-hydroxyquinoline derivatives that are found to improve the quality of life in patients.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Lime Market, ask for a customized report
Manufacturers are using metal protein attenuating compounds to correct abnormal concentrations of metals in the drugs meant for NDDs. They are expanding their business in the F&B space to avoid instances of flavor deterioration in bakery products. However, the metal scavenging agents market is highly consolidated, with only five major players holding ~70% of the global market share. Hence, emerging market players should gain expertise in biodegradable agents, as conventional agents lead to complications of metal leaching in the area of phytoremediation. They should develop novel silica-based scavengers, since silica dominates the market in terms or value and volume.
Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Product Introduction
- Metal scavengers are majorly used as an excellent solution for the removal of various impurities as well as unwanted metal content in products, particularly low metal content.
- Metal scavenging agents are functionalized materials that can scavenge residual metals from active pharmaceutical ingredients or waste streams.
- These metal scavenging agents can also be used at a very high affinity towards specific metal residues.
- Metal scavenging agents are majorly employed in pharmaceutical, water treatment, chemical, and oil & gas industries.
Global Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Highlights
- In terms of value, the global metal scavenging agents market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period, to reach value of US$ 20.4 Mn by 2027.
- Asia Pacific was the leading region of the global metal scavenging agents market. Furthermore, the metal scavenging agents market in Asia Pacific is expected to register a significant CAGR from 2019 and 2027.
- The U.S. is one of the prominent producers of metal scavenging agents across the globe, owing to the large production and supply of metal scavenging agents to various end-use industries in the country. The U.S. and Canada are key suppliers of metal scavenging agents, due to the presence of key players in these countries. Increase in the demand for metal scavenging agents for use in the pharmaceutical industry is a key factor anticipated to drive the demand for metal scavenging agents during the forecast period.
Growing Demand for Silica-based Metal Scavenging Agents in Pharmaceutical Industries
- Among the type segments, silica-based was the prominent segment with more than 60% share of the global metal scavenging agents market in 2018. It is expected to maintain its dominance from 2019 and 2027.
- After silica-based, carbon-based is a key type segment of the global metal scavenging agents market. Silica-based and carbon-based are projected to exhibit significant growth rates during the forecast period.
- Rise in the demand for pharmaceutical products owing to increasing awareness among individuals and advantages offered by silica-based and carbon-based metal scavenging agents across the globe is a major factor anticipated to drive the demand for metal scavenging agents during the forecast period.
Demand for Metal Scavenging Agents to Increase in Water Treatment and Chemical Industries
- Among the end-use industries, water treatment was a highly lucrative segment of the global metal scavenging agents market in 2018. Significant usage of metal scavenging agents as a metal extractor across all regions is a major factor anticipated to drive the demand for metal scavenging agents during the forecast period.
- The chemicals segment is likely to expand moderately during the forecast period, owing to increase in the demand for chemical processing and laboratories. Rise in the demand for metal scavenging agents in industries such as biotechnology as well as in contract research and manufacturing organizations is expected to boost the global metal scavenging agents market during the forecast period.
- In addition, the pharmaceuticals segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to rise in the demand for metal scavenging agents from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Increase in the demand for metal scavenging agents in end-use industries such as oil & gas and food & beverages is expected to augment the global metal scavenging agents market during the forecast period.
Global Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Key Regional Highlights
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific constituted a major share of the global metal scavenging agents market in 2018. China, India, and ASEAN held a major share in the Asia Pacific metal scavenging agents market in 2018. This dominance is projected to continue over the next few years, owing to increase in the demand for metal scavenging agents in pharmaceutical industries. China has become a top metal scavenging agent-importing country in the world, due to the rising consumption of metal scavenging agents from various end-use industries in the country.
- North America held a moderate share of the global metal scavenging agents market in 2018. The metal scavenging agents market in the region is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. The U.S. held a prominent share of the metal scavenging agents market in North America, due to the high demand for metal scavenging agents across the country. Rise in the demand for metal scavenging agents for use in the pharmaceutical and chemical sector in the country is a major factor that drives the metal scavenging agents market in the U.S.
- The metal scavenging agents market in the Middle East & Africa is expected to grow at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Rapid development of the domestic oil & gas distribution and supply chain in the countries in this region is projected to boost the demand for metal scavenging agents in the next few years.
Global Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on increasing their production capacities for metal scavenging agents to satisfy the demand from several end-users.
- Some of the key players operating in the global metal scavenging agents market are
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey
- SiliCycle Inc.
- PhosphonicS Ltd.
- The report comprises detailed company profiles of major players operating in the global metal scavenging agents market. It also consists of a market share analysis and product mapping of top players operating in the global metal scavenging agents market for 2018.
Metal Scavenging Agents Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the metal scavenging agents market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the metal scavenging agents market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive metal scavenging agents market insights enclosed in the study. The metal scavenging agents market report also provides an in-depth understanding of key industry trends and developments undertaken by players in the metal scavenging agents market. This TMR report is divided into different sections that allow readers to gain an individual understanding of the metal scavenging agents market.
This TMR study on the metal scavenging agents market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the metal scavenging agents market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, value chain analysis, pricing analysis, import-export analysis, and regulatory scenario of the metal scavenging agents market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in Metal Scavenging Agents Market Report
- How much revenue is the metal scavenging agents market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the global metal scavenging agents market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the metal scavenging agents market?
- Which region is likely to be lucrative during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the metal scavenging agents market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements being witnessed in the metal scavenging agents market?
This report answers these questions about the metal scavenging agents market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the metal scavenging agents market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the metal scavenging agents market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the metal scavenging agents market arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the forecasts for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the metal scavenging agents market, with both, the bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the metal scavenging agents market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the metal scavenging agents market is set to grow are based on carefully-vetted primary and secondary sources.
Metal Scavenging Agents Market: Segmentation
This report on the metal scavenging agents market provides information based on type, application, and region.
Others (Sulfonic Acid, Polymers)
Food & Beverages
Oil & Gas
Pulp & Paper
Others (Agrochemicals, Drug Discovery, Biotechnology, Manufacturing)
Middle East & Africa