Metal-organic Framework Market
Metal-organic Framework Market (Type: Zinc-based, Copper-based, Iron-based, Aluminum-based, Magnesium-based, and Others; and Application: Gas Storage, Gas & Liquid Adsorption, Catalysis, Drug Delivery, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Manufacturers Leverage Opportunities to Increase Gas Storage Capacities
Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) are being extensively used in gas storage applications. Companies in the metal-organic framework market are increasing their production capacities to develop low pressure-swing mode MOF tanks that overcome limitations of traditional gas storage methods. For instance, Framergy - a supplier of absorbents and catalysts, conducted a pilot study using light hydrocarbon management system units loaded with metal-organic frameworks to enhance the process of natural gas storage.
Currently, the production of metal-organic frameworks for gas storage is the highest in the metal-organic framework market, with a recorded volume of ~300 kgs in 2018. This volume is a significant number, since a penny-sized metal-organic framework has the surface area as large as a football field. Hence, stakeholders in the oil & gas industry are using metal-organic frameworks for maximum benefit in gas storage applications.
Manufacturers are overcoming issues related to stability and cost to encourage funding that will support them to develop facilities that treat pollution-associated gas. They are increasing awareness about effective variables such as long-term hydrogen sulfide and water build up to increase gas storage capacities.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Sensing and Luminescence Applications Offer New Revenue Sources
Innovations in sensing and luminescence applications are creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the metal-organic framework market. Companies are tapping into opportunities in luminescent metal-organic frameworks for various sensing applications. As such, other applications involving sensing and luminescence in the metal-organic framework market are projected to account for the third-highest revenue of ~US$ 1.2 Mn by 2027. Thus, manufacturers are increasing the production of LMOFs, since they are gaining popularity as a substitute to organic luminescent polymers.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
LMOFs are gaining prominence in the metal-organic framework market as effective chemical sensors, owing to their molecular advantages and interactions between metal-organic frameworks and analytes. Manufacturers are helping end users to diversify their sensing applications by combining fluorescent ligands with aromatic moieties and metal resources to enhance luminescent properties of LMOFs. In order to improve sensing performance, end users are incorporating analytes with LMOFs. Manufacturers are increasing research efforts to design and synthesize new LMOF materials. New LMOF materials are anticipated to have applications in charge-transfer and energy-transfer processes.
Machine Learning Aid in Discovery of New Metal-organic Frameworks
Manufacturers in the metal-organic framework market are gaining expertise in large-scale screening and machine learning (ML) to discover new MOFs used for the removal of organosulfurs from high-sour natural gas. Industrial development is the key driver that are triggering the demand for metal-organic frameworks for the removal of gaseous organosulfurs from high-sour natural gas in various industrial situations. Growing demand for utilization and exploitation of clean energy resources has further catalyzed market growth.
The recovery of gaseous organic sulfurs is important for use in various industrial applications. For instance, organosulfurs are increasingly used to produce methionine, which is one of the key dietary components in poultry and animal feed. Moreover, methanethiol CH3SH (MeSH) is extensively used for communication during mining operations, since it is released through ventilation systems to alert mining workers in cases of emergencies. Hence, companies in the metal-organic framework market are seeking the assistance of back propagation neural network to assess results using high-throughput screening.
New Chemicals Materials Bolster Commercialization of Metal-organic Frameworks
The metal-organic framework market is expected to expand at a significant CAGR of ~11% during the forecast period. However, certain challenges in the oil & gas sector are likely to impede market growth.
For instance, there is a growing need to reduce wasteful venting and flaring at gas fields. Hence, manufacturers in the metal-organic framework market are increasing their efficacy in the development of adsorbents based on metal-organic frameworks and similar chemistry. They are working closely with oil & gas companies to achieve successful outcomes to store methane and other associated gases and liquids at low temperatures. As such, gas & liquid adsorption application segment of the metal-organic framework market is projected to account for the second-highest volume of ~600 kgs by the end of 2027.
Companies in the market landscape are increasing R&D to develop chemical materials that boost commercialization of MOFs in various end markets. Incredible tunability and recyclability of MOFs is proving advantageous to end users for natural gas containment.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Metal-organic Framework Market, ask for a customized report
The drug discovery application segment of the metal-organic framework market holds a prominent revenue share. Hence, manufacturers are collaborating with researchers to study interactions between drug molecules and MOFs for drug discovery. Since copper-based frameworks dominate the market, in terms of value, manufacturers are leveraging opportunities of the novel compound for drug discovery.
However, market players need to take advantage of untapped opportunities for the recovery of organosulfurs from high-sour natural gas, since organosulfurs are vital in several industrial situations. Hence, manufacturers should experiment with ML and high-throughput screening to predict new MOFs for removal of gaseous organic sulfurs from high-sour natural gas.
Metal-organic Framework Market: Overview
- Metal-organic framework comprises a wide range of crystalline materials. It consists of a co-ordination bond between metal ions and organic linkers. Metal-organic framework is a type of structural linkage between metal and solvent molecules, which provides a large surface area, in nanometers, at the atomic level. Continuous linkages between the molecules provide a high-density porous material that exhibits superior properties such as purification, toxic gas absorption, gas absorption, liquid separation, gas storage, and catalysis.
- Metal-organic framework, also known as a porous coordination polymer, has received considerable attention from a large number of end-use industries. Metal-organic framework offers excellent properties that can separate toxic chemicals, liquid, and gases. Metal-organic framework possesses numerous attractive features such as high micro pore volume, huge surface area, easily adjustable structure, and excellent flexibility in the network topology. Technological advancements in material science, along with rapid industrialization in various countries are projected to boost the metal-organic framework market in the near future.
- Increase in production of industrial gases for various applications is projected to boost the metal-organic framework market in the next few years
Metal-organic Framework Market: Key Highlights
- In terms of value, the global metal-organic framework market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~12% during the forecast period. Asia Pacific was a prominent market for metal-organic framework, globally, in terms of value, in 2018. The market in the Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR of more than 12% from 2019 to 2027.
- The metal-organic framework market in the U.S. has been witnessing extensive R&D by numerous material scientists to enhance molecular properties of metal ions for varied applications. Moreover, China is a major consumer of metal-organic framework, due to the high demand for metal-organic frameworks in various end-use industries in the country. China is also focused on synthesizing a high-quality metal-organic framework that can be produced on a large scale.
Aluminum-based Metal-organic Frameworks to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, aluminum-based is expected to be highly lucrative segment of the metal organic framework market during the forecast period. Aluminum-based metal-organic frameworks are extensively utilized across the globe, due to their excellent porousness, high density, and large surface area. These factors make aluminum-based metal-organic framework highly lucrative.
- The aluminum-based metal-organic framework is widely preferred, due to its excellent stability. It is highly stable and effective for the absorption of water, heat, and organic solvents. These properties are highly preferred in industrial applications such as catalyst, gas storages, sensing, purification, separation, industrial-scale, and large scale manufacturing applications.
High Demand for Metal-organic Framework in Gas Storing Application
- In terms of application, the gas storage segment accounted for a major share of the global metal-organic framework market in 2018. The segment is estimated to expand at a CAGR of more than 11% during the forecast period. Industrial gases are widely utilized for diverse applications in industries. Numerous industrial gases are volatile in nature and hence, they have to be stored under specific conditions. Metal-organic framework is widely employed in the gas storage application, due to its high-density porous structure, which offers significant storage capability at the molecular level. This is a major factor that is anticipated to drive the demand for metal organic framework in future.
- Gas & liquid adsorption was a highly lucrative application segment of the market in 2018. It is likely to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Gas & liquid adsorption is an important application in industrial gas, chemical, and petrochemical industries to enhance the purity level of toxic gases. This is a major factor that makes metal-organic framework highly lucrative for gas & liquid adsorption.
Metal-organic Framework Market: Regional Overview
- In terms of value, Asia Pacific accounted for a prominent share of the global metal-organic framework market in 2018. Major countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, Japan, and India, accounted for a key share of the metal-organic framework market in the region in 2018.
- China is anticipated to maintain its leading position in the Asia Pacific region, owing to an increase in demand for iron-based and copper-based metal-organic frameworks over the next few years. China has become a notable consumer of top metal-organic framework globally, due to a rise in the consumption of metal-organic framework in various end-use industries in the country. The metal-organic framework market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace compared to other regions between 2019 and 2027.
- In terms of volume, North America was the leading market for metal-organic framework, globally, in 2018. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a CAGR of more than 11%, owing to the presence of numerous manufacturers and end users of metal-organic framework applications. Rise in consumption of metal-organic framework for usage in R&D centers, and pharmaceutical and medical applications in the U.S. is projected to drive the metal-organic framework market during the forecast period.
- After Asia Pacific, Europe accounted for a notable share of the global metal-organic framework market, in terms of volume and revenue, in 2018. Europe has a strong presence of new startups that are engaged in the manufacturing of metal-organic frameworks in the region. This is expected to drive the metal-organic framework market in Europe at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
- The metal-organic framework market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, due to limited technological advancements and presence of manufacturers in both regions
Metal-organic Framework Market: Competition Landscape
- The global metal-organic framework market is fragmented, due to the presence of regional and local players. Major manufacturers are focusing on the expansion of their production capacities to cater to the demand for metal-organic framework in various end-use industries across the globe.
- Key players operating in the global metal-organic framework market include
- Strem Chemicals
- novoMOF AG
- Nanoshel LLC
- GS Alliance Co., Ltd.
- NanoResearch Elements Inc.
- Other key vendors are ACSYNAM, IMMATERIAL LABS LTD., Promethean Particles Ltd, MOF Technologies Ltd, Numat Technologies, Inc., Mosaic materials LLC, and Mofgen Ltd.
- The report comprises detailed company profiles of major players operating in the metal-organic framework market. It also includes a comparison matrix of top four players operating in the global metal-organic framework market, along with their market share analysis and product mapping for 2018.
Metal-organic Framework Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global metal-organic framework market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the global metal-organic framework market analyzes the market scenario for the period from 2019 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the metal-organic framework market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders operating in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with market trends and restraints in the competition landscape section.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors on the global metal-organic framework market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, pricing analysis, production output, and regulatory scenario of the global metal-organic framework market in order to elaborate crucial growth strategies and opportunities for players operating in the market.
Key Questions Answered in Metal-organic Framework Market Report
- How much revenue is the global metal-organic framework market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which regions currently account for maximum share of the global metal-organic framework market?
- What are the key factors expected to drive the global metal-organic framework market?
- Which region is likely to be lucrative for the global metal-organic framework market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global metal-organic framework market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements in the global metal-organic framework market?
This report answers these questions about the global metal-organic framework market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions for the growth of their business.
Metal-organic Framework Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global metal-organic framework market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global metal-organic framework market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and the current trends, researchers of the global metal-organic framework market arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the global metal-organic framework market, by using both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global metal-organic framework market, along with an overview of the market, has been provided based on a careful examination of avenues related to the market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global metal-organic framework market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Metal-organic Framework Market: Segmentation
This report on the global metal-organic framework market provides segmentation of the market based on type, application, and region