Metal Bellows: Introduction
- Metal bellows are flexible elements or flexible seals used in various industrial applications such as pipe joints, where compression is expected when the pressure is applied from the other side of any elastic vessel. Metal bellows are designed in a way that they compress or expand on the application of pressure, and come back to their original share once the pressure is removed.
- In cases where pipes expand due to increase in temperatures, metal bellows act as a resistance by limiting the compression by force. Metal bellows are commonly used in various industries such as aerospace, water treatment, manufacturing, mining, power generation, automotive, and wind energy.
Key Drivers of Global Metal Bellows Market
- High adoption of metal bellows in a wide range of end-use industries such as automotive, semiconductor, aerospace, oil & gas, and pharmaceuticals driving the metal bellows market
- The global metal bellows market is characterized with stringent governmental regulations; however, end-user preference for metal bellows over its other alternatives is expected to boost the market across various regions
- Demand for metal bellows is high in the aerospace & defense industry. This is expected to primarily drive the global metal bellows market.
Titanium Alloys Material Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on material, the titanium alloys segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Growth in composites content in the aerospace industry and compatibility of titanium alloys with composites are expected to propel the demand for titanium alloys for the production of metals bellows. Furthermore, increase in adoption of lightweight materials, rise in usage of titanium alloys in high-end cars to reduce weight and enhance strength, and desirable properties of titanium such as corrosion resistance and thermal expansion are some of the factors boosting the demand for titanium alloys in the metal bellows market.
Aerospace & Defense Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Aerospace & defense is expected to remain the dominant application segment during the forecast period. Despite a downfall in commercial aircraft deliveries in 2019 and the expected decline in 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the demand for Boeing and airbus remains strong. Development of fuel-efficient variants and market entry of OEMs in the commercial aerospace business are likely to drive the recovery of the metal bellows market.
Covid-19 Impact on Metal Bellows Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak hampered global economy in 2020, causing recession in major parts of the world. The COVID-19 pandemic is severely disrupting the supply chain, especially of automotive, aerospace, and oil & gas industries. This has severely affected the metal bellows market in 2020. However, the market is expected to recover in 2021.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Metal Bellows Market
- In terms of region, the global metal bellows market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to remain the major region of the global metal bellows market during the forecast period. Well-established aerospace, automotive, and industrial sectors in the countries of Asia Pacific is the key factor driving the market in the region. China started showing an early sign of recovery from the pandemic with the reopening of assembly plants by Boeing and Airbus, and automotive assembly plants. This is estimated to further boost the market in the region.
- The market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The U.S. is the hub for the aerospace industry with the presence of several aircraft OEMs, metal bellow suppliers, and raw material suppliers. Similarly, Germany, France, the U.K., and Russia & CIS are the major markets in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Market
Manufacturers are focusing on the merger and acquisition strategies. Key players operating in the global metal bellows market include:
- EnPro Industries Inc.
- EagleBurgmann KE
- Meggitt PLC
- U.S. Bellows Inc.
- KSM Corporation
- Technoflex Corporation
- BOA Holding GmbH
Global Metal Bellows Market: Research Scope
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Material
- Titanium Alloys
- Stainless Steel Alloys
- Nickel Alloys
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Product
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Power Generation
- Water Treatment
- Oil & Gas
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.