Metal Bellows: Introduction
- Metal bellows are flexible elements or flexible seals used in various industrial applications such as pipe joints, where compression is expected when the pressure is applied from the other side of any elastic vessel. Metal bellows are designed in a way that they compress or expand on the application of pressure, and come back to their original share once the pressure is removed.
- In cases where pipes expand due to increase in temperatures, metal bellows act as a resistance by limiting the compression by force. Metal bellows are commonly used in various industries such as aerospace, water treatment, manufacturing, mining, power generation, automotive, and wind energy.
Key Drivers of Global Metal Bellows Market
- High adoption of metal bellows in a wide range of end-use industries such as automotive, semiconductor, aerospace, oil & gas, and pharmaceuticals driving the metal bellows market
- The global metal bellows market is characterized with stringent governmental regulations; however, end-user preference for metal bellows over its other alternatives is expected to boost the market across various regions
- Demand for metal bellows is high in the aerospace & defense industry. This is expected to primarily drive the global metal bellows market.
Titanium Alloys Material Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on material, the titanium alloys segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Growth in composites content in the aerospace industry and compatibility of titanium alloys with composites are expected to propel the demand for titanium alloys for the production of metals bellows. Furthermore, increase in adoption of lightweight materials, rise in usage of titanium alloys in high-end cars to reduce weight and enhance strength, and desirable properties of titanium such as corrosion resistance and thermal expansion are some of the factors boosting the demand for titanium alloys in the metal bellows market.
Aerospace & Defense Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Aerospace & defense is expected to remain the dominant application segment during the forecast period. Despite a downfall in commercial aircraft deliveries in 2019 and the expected decline in 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the demand for Boeing and airbus remains strong. Development of fuel-efficient variants and market entry of OEMs in the commercial aerospace business are likely to drive the recovery of the metal bellows market.
Covid-19 Impact on Metal Bellows Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak hampered global economy in 2020, causing recession in major parts of the world. The COVID-19 pandemic is severely disrupting the supply chain, especially of automotive, aerospace, and oil & gas industries. This has severely affected the metal bellows market in 2020. However, the market is expected to recover in 2021.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Metal Bellows Market
- In terms of region, the global metal bellows market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to remain the major region of the global metal bellows market during the forecast period. Well-established aerospace, automotive, and industrial sectors in the countries of Asia Pacific is the key factor driving the market in the region. China started showing an early sign of recovery from the pandemic with the reopening of assembly plants by Boeing and Airbus, and automotive assembly plants. This is estimated to further boost the market in the region.
- The market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The U.S. is the hub for the aerospace industry with the presence of several aircraft OEMs, metal bellow suppliers, and raw material suppliers. Similarly, Germany, France, the U.K., and Russia & CIS are the major markets in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Market
Manufacturers are focusing on the merger and acquisition strategies. Key players operating in the global metal bellows market include:
- EnPro Industries Inc.
- EagleBurgmann KE
- Meggitt PLC
- U.S. Bellows Inc.
- KSM Corporation
- Technoflex Corporation
- BOA Holding GmbH
Global Metal Bellows Market: Research Scope
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Material
- Titanium Alloys
- Stainless Steel Alloys
- Nickel Alloys
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Product
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Power Generation
- Water Treatment
- Oil & Gas
Global Metal Bellows Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa