Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market: Introduction
- Menstrual cramps refer to the severe cramps experienced in the lower abdomen that could extend down to the back and lower legs. Majority of women start experiencing acute pain during their early adolescence, around the first five years of the beginning of the menstrual cycle. This is also called Dysmenorrhea in medical terms.
- Many products can be used to reduce the pain, although they help in reducing the pain temporarily. Women use different kinds of remedies to reduce the pain - either home remedies or products purchased from over-the-top counters. Use of heat, massage, and herbal teas are some of the most common remedies adopted.
Key Drivers of the Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market
- Changing lifestyles, environmental changes, and food habits have had a significant impact on the human body. This has led to increase in incidence of dysmenorrhea/ menstrual cramps among women. This is a major factor driving the global menstrual cramps relief product market.
- Surge in incidence of menstrual cramps has led to increase in health awareness among women to tackle the condition. Hence, adoption of drugs, medicines, and other products that help in reducing the pain during the menstrual cycle has increased. This in turn boosts the growth of the market.
Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market: Key Segments
- The global menstrual cramps relief product market can be segmented based on type, product type, mode of prescription, end-user, distribution channel, and region. Based on type, the market is segmented into primary dysmenorrhea and secondary dysmenorrhea. Based on product type, the market can be segmented into over-the-counter medicines, roll on, oils, gels, pain relief patches, rubber hot water bottle, oral supplements, stimulation devices, and others. Based on mode of prescription, the market is segmented into prescription and over the counter. In 2020, the over the counter segment dominated the menstrual cramps treatment market as most of the drugs are available in generic form and supply of pharmaceutical products without any hindrance raises awareness among the masses through advertising. Based on end-user, the market can be categorized into individual, hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty centers, and others. In terms of distribution channel, the market is segmented into online and offline channel. In 2020, the pharmacies segment dominated the market under the offline segment.
APAC Market Expected to Grow During the Forecast Period
- By region, the global menstrual cramps relief product market is classified into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the menstrual cramps relief product market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The country-level analysis and forecast of the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America menstrual cramps relief product market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- The menstrual cramps relief product market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in purchasing power, rise in awareness about clinical facilities, and improving infrastructure are likely to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The menstrual cramps relief product market is fragmented with the presence of international as well as local players. A large number of companies hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Some of the major companies identified in the global menstrual cramps relief product market are:
- Bayer AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Pee Safe
- Abbott Healthcare
Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market: Research Scope
Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market, by Type
- Primary Dysmenorrhea
- Secondary Dysmenorrhea
Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market, by Product Type
- Over the Counter Medicines
- Roll On
- Pain Relief Patches
- Rubber Hot Water Bottle
- Oral Supplements
- Stimulation Devices
- Others (Bath Soaks, etc.)
Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market, by Mode of Prescription
- Over the Counter
Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market, by End-user
- Specialty Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Menstrual Cramps Relief Product Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global menstrual cramps relief product market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.