Menopausal Hot Flashes Market
Menopausal Hot Flashes Market (Treatment Type: Hormonal Treatment [Estrogen, Progesterone, and Estrogen–Progesterone Combination], Non-hormonal Treatment [Antidepressant, Gabapentin, Pregabalin, and Clonidine], and Alternative Treatment [Black Cohosh, Vitamin E, Herbal Medicines, and Others]; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Treatment Options Targeting Brain’s Thermostat Lead to Innovations in Non-hormonal Drugs
High prevalence of fluctuating estrogen levels and depleting musculoskeletal health among women are some of the key drivers contributing to the robust growth of the menopausal hot flashes market. Hence, healthcare companies are increasing their clinical trials in non-hormonal products to meet various cases. Recently, in January 2020, the U.K.-based clinical-stage biotech company KaNDy Therapeutics, announced positive data of their Phase 2b “SWITCH-1” clinical trial of their novel lead non-hormonal drug candidate, NT-814, for the treatment of menopause. Though the hormonal treatment type segment is expected to lead the menopausal hot flashes market, non-hormonal treatment type segment is anticipated for exponential growth during the forecast period.
Companies in the market for menopausal hot flashes are increasing R&D in treatment options that target the brain’s thermostat to reduce incidence of hot flashes in women. Such innovations are creating value-grab opportunities for companies in the market menopausal hot flashes market, whilst improving the quality of life of postmenopausal women.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Menopausal Hot Flashes Market?
Femtech to Explore Untapped Potential in Women’s Midlife Health Issues
The menopausal hot flashes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period. Most women from Generation X are now in their 40s and are technologically proficient. Likewise, online drug sales is anticipated to flourish in the market for menopausal hot flashes. However, there is a lack of interest from the femtech toward solving the issues of women’s midlife health issues.
The femtech sector has been more active toward solving the issues of menstrual health and pregnancy. However, there is a growing need for attention toward women’s midlife health issues such as menopausal hot flashes. Hence, companies are exploring untapped opportunities to address the stigma and associated silence pertaining to symptoms of menopause.
Companies in the menopausal hot flashes market are targeting digitally literate women to create awareness about the issues related to menopause through social media. They are increasing their efficacy in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) for management of hot flashes.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Innovations in Devices Attract Healthcare Companies
Apart from innovations in medicines, companies in the menopausal hot flashes market are recommending women toward lifestyle modifications through online media channels. Likewise, companies are developing cutting-edge devices that suit the needs of women. For instance, the introduction of the Menopod™ has led to the growth of market for menopausal hot flashes, owing to its compact computer mouse-like shape and portability. The advent of smartwatch-like devices that act as a personal thermostat for women is also driving the global market.
Due to high prevalence of tech-savvy women in their late 40s, companies in the market for menopausal hot flashes are unearthing value opportunities with the development of mobile apps. These mobile apps are providing healthcare companies with important insights about the frequency of hot flashes in women. On the other hand, companies in the menopausal hot flashes market are increasing research in customizable mattresses that offer cooling and heating temperature controls.
Cognitive Behavior Therapy Proves Effective in Addressing Complications Associated with Hot Flashes
The demand for nonpharmacologic treatment options is projected to escalate in the menopausal hot flashes market. Thus, healthcare providers are adopting cognitive behavior therapy to improve menopause symptoms. This novel therapy is being highly publicized for not only treating hot flashes, but is also effective for other menopause symptoms. Companies in the menopausal hot flashes market are creating awareness about cognitive behavior therapy, owing to its advantages of modifying dysfunctional emotions, behaviors and thoughts that enhance personal coping strategies. Since researchers have gained clinical success with the help of cognitive behavior therapy for the treatment of anxiety and depression, healthcare companies are expanding their healthcare services using the novel therapy.
Complications associated with menopausal hot flashes such as sleep disturbances and low-productivity levels in professional environments are increasing the demand for cognitive behavior therapy among patients. Long-term effectiveness of cognitive behavior therapy post treatment are creating lucrative opportunities for healthcare providers. Thus, healthcare companies are increasing efforts to conduct large-scale clinical trials in order to analyze its effectiveness in highly symptomatic women.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Apart from innovations in medicines, alternative options such as weight-training and lifestyle modifications are proving to be effective for hot flashes. The hormone replacement therapy is highly popular in the menopausal hot flashes market. However, controversies encircling the risk of blood clots, stroke, and some cancers pose a barrier for market growth. Hence, companies should tap opportunities in alternative treatment options such as cognitive behavior therapy, which is not only effective in the management of hot flashes, but also treats other symptoms such as anxiety and sleep disorders. Digitalization of health is another key driver contributing toward market growth, as femtech can target tech-savvy women through social media and innovative mobile apps.
Menopausal Hot Flashes Market: Overview
- Menopause is defined as the permanent cessation of menses that may occur in as early as the thirties or as late as the sixties. The treatment and management of menopausal women has been a matter of great apprehension in the last few decades, both in terms of epidemiology and medical scientific research.
- The most common menopausal symptoms, including vasomotor symptoms (menopausal hot flashes), insomnia, vaginal atrophy, altered cognitive function, dementia, depression, and loss of muscle mass, can affect up to 80% of women during menopause and may be severe in up to 20% of these women
- Menopausal hot flashes symptoms treatment drugs are used to reduce hot flashes, which is a form of temperature dysfunction that occurs due to changes in gonadal hormones. Menopausal hot flashes symptom treatments are classified into hormonal treatment, non-hormonal treatment, and alternative treatment (including herbal products).
- Hormonal treatment products are available in different dosage forms such as pill, patch, and gel. The use of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) alleviates menopausal hot flashes symptoms and leads to a major improvement in quality of life for women with menopausal hot flashes symptoms.
- Growing population of elderly women worldwide coupled with rise in menopausal hot flashes symptoms is a major factor responsible for the growth of global menopausal hot flashes market
- Increase in awareness about women’s health due to different public as well as private organizations initiatives is also fueling the growth of global menopausal hot flashes market
- Moreover, development of advanced products with alternative mode of administration and changes in lifestyle associated with early menopause are some of the major factors attributed for the growth of global menopausal hot flashes market
Market Segmentation: Menopausal Hot Flashes Market
- Based on treatment type, the global menopausal hot flashes market has been divided into hormonal treatment, non-hormonal treatment, and alternative treatment
- Hormonal treatment is further classified into estrogen, progesterone, and estrogen - progesterone combination
- The non-hormonal segment is sub-segmented into antidepressant, gabapentin, pregabalin, and clonidine. Antidepressant is further divided into Paroxetine, Fluoxetine, Vanlafaxine, Desvanlafaxine, and others.
- The alternative segment is further sub-divided into black cohosh, vitamin E, herbal medicines, and others
- Based on distribution channel, the global menopausal hot flashes market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for global menopausal hot flashes market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The global menopausal hot flashes report provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027 along with menopausal hot flashes market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Menopausal Hot Flashes Market
- In terms of region, the global menopausal hot flashes market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and future market sizes for menopausal hot flashes market in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs for the period from 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global menopausal hot flashes market which will help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in the decision-making process
- The global menopausal hot flashes report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Key players analyzed in this global menopausal hot flashes market include -
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Allergan plc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Mylan N.V.
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- TherapeuticsMD, Inc
- Each of these players has been profiled in the menopausal hot flashes market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Menopausal Hot Flashes Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global menopausal hot flashes market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global menopausal hot flashes market for the period of 2017-2027 period, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global menopausal hot flashes market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ products, literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global menopausal hot flashes market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global menopausal hot flashes market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global menopausal hot flashes market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global menopausal hot flashes market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global menopausal hot flashes market. Key players operating in the global menopausal hot flashes market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global menopausal hot flashes market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Menopausal Hot Flashes Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each treatment type segment of the menopausal hot flashes market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global menopausal hot flashes market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which menopausal hot flashes treatment type and distribution channel segments are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
Menopausal Hot Flashes Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global menopausal hot flashes market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, key industrial developments in terms of merger, acquisition, strategic partnerships, pipeline analysis, and value chain analysis.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global menopausal hot flashes market in terms of treatment type, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global menopausal hot flashes market.
Menopausal Hot Flashes Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global menopausal hot flashes market includes information divided into three sections - by treatment type, by distribution channel, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global menopausal hot flashes market have been discussed in detail.