Meniere’s disease: Substitutes for Surgery
- Meniere’s disease is a rare disorder that affects the inner ear of a patient. It can cause vertigo, tinnitus, hearing loss, and a feeling of pressure deep inside the ear. People with Meniere’s disease usually experience these symptoms during sudden episodes, which typically last around two to three hours. The patient experiences frequent episodes of vertigo. However, permanent hearing loss and tinnitus continue to develop and worsen during attacks of vertigo. The vertigo tends to occur less frequently during the later stages, while the tinnitus and hearing loss often become worse and the patient may be left with permanent balance and hearing issues. In the U.K., it's estimated that around one in 1,000 people have Meniere’s disease.
- The global Meniere’s disease treatment market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to incessant rise in incidences of Meniere’s disease in the U.S. and countries across Europe and technological development of new medication are likely to fuel the market in the near future.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of Meniere’s disease is a key driver of the Meniere’s disease treatment market. According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, approximately 615,000 people in the U.S. have Meniere's disease. Rise in geriatric population, environmental pollution, noise pollution, and change in lifestyle are major factors that are likely to drive the global Meniere’s disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- Advancements in medicinal & pharmacy therapeutics associated with Meniere’s diseases are also driving the Meniere’s disease treatment market. Use of injectable and surgical procedures is being used frequently for the treatment of Meniere’s diseases. Consequently, these factors are expected to fuel the global Meniere’s disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- The treatment of Meniere’s disease involves several diagnosis procedures such as videonystagmography (VNG), rotary-chair testing, vestibular evoked myogenic potentials (VEMP) testing, and posturography. These procedures is necessary to provide information to physicians for effective treatment. The diagnostic procedures offer numerous advantages; however, a certain risk of infection exists coupled with greater recovery time associated with these diagnostic procedures. These complications have prompted new research & development for alternatives to Meniere’s disease treatment and diagnosis procedures.
Vestibular Nerve Section to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The vestibular nerve section surgical procedure opens the internal auditory canal and the procedure is typically carried out through either a retrosigmoid or a middle fossa approach. The middle fossa approach for vestibular nerve section is technically more complex. However, the advantage of the middle fossa approach is that it achieves a marginally more complete ablation of vestibular function than the retrosigmoid approach due to the vestibular fibers. Vestibular nerve section has the advantage of a high rate of vertigo control (95-98%) with a high rate of hearing preservation in the operated ear.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market
- Asia Pacific is a major market for Meniere’s disease treatment, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for more than 75% share of the market for Meniere’s diseases treatment in the region. According to WHO, India has a significantly high prevalence of hearing loss. It is estimated that there are more than 500,000 people affected by Meniere’s disease in India. The increasing number of cases is attributed to the rising risk of air pollution, noise pollution and chemical toxicity in the country
- Increase in incidences of Meniere’s diseases and high demand for minimally invasive procedures in developing economies of Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The Meniere’s disease treatment market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to increasing investments in healthcare industries in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global Meniere’s disease treatment market is highly competitive with top manufacturers adopting various strategies to consolidate their share in the market. Certain strategies adopted include expansion of geographic presence through collaborations and emphasis on research and development activities for production of flexible and biocompatible stents. A few key players operating in the global Meniere’s disease treatment market are:
- Auris Medical
- Otonomy, Inc.
- Sound Pharmaceuticals
- Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.
- The Ear Company
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Drug Treatment
- Short-term medications
- Long-term medications
- Injectable medications
- Endolymphatic sac
- Vestibular nerve section
- Suplemental Therapies & Procedure
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Hearing aid
- Meniett pulse generator
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market, by Application
- Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.