Meniere’s disease: Substitutes for Surgery
- Meniere’s disease is a rare disorder that affects the inner ear of a patient. It can cause vertigo, tinnitus, hearing loss, and a feeling of pressure deep inside the ear. People with Meniere’s disease usually experience these symptoms during sudden episodes, which typically last around two to three hours. The patient experiences frequent episodes of vertigo. However, permanent hearing loss and tinnitus continue to develop and worsen during attacks of vertigo. The vertigo tends to occur less frequently during the later stages, while the tinnitus and hearing loss often become worse and the patient may be left with permanent balance and hearing issues. In the U.K., it's estimated that around one in 1,000 people have Meniere’s disease.
- The global Meniere’s disease treatment market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to incessant rise in incidences of Meniere’s disease in the U.S. and countries across Europe and technological development of new medication are likely to fuel the market in the near future.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of Meniere’s disease is a key driver of the Meniere’s disease treatment market. According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, approximately 615,000 people in the U.S. have Meniere's disease. Rise in geriatric population, environmental pollution, noise pollution, and change in lifestyle are major factors that are likely to drive the global Meniere’s disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- Advancements in medicinal & pharmacy therapeutics associated with Meniere’s diseases are also driving the Meniere’s disease treatment market. Use of injectable and surgical procedures is being used frequently for the treatment of Meniere’s diseases. Consequently, these factors are expected to fuel the global Meniere’s disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- The treatment of Meniere’s disease involves several diagnosis procedures such as videonystagmography (VNG), rotary-chair testing, vestibular evoked myogenic potentials (VEMP) testing, and posturography. These procedures is necessary to provide information to physicians for effective treatment. The diagnostic procedures offer numerous advantages; however, a certain risk of infection exists coupled with greater recovery time associated with these diagnostic procedures. These complications have prompted new research & development for alternatives to Meniere’s disease treatment and diagnosis procedures.
Vestibular Nerve Section to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The vestibular nerve section surgical procedure opens the internal auditory canal and the procedure is typically carried out through either a retrosigmoid or a middle fossa approach. The middle fossa approach for vestibular nerve section is technically more complex. However, the advantage of the middle fossa approach is that it achieves a marginally more complete ablation of vestibular function than the retrosigmoid approach due to the vestibular fibers. Vestibular nerve section has the advantage of a high rate of vertigo control (95-98%) with a high rate of hearing preservation in the operated ear.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market
- Asia Pacific is a major market for Meniere’s disease treatment, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for more than 75% share of the market for Meniere’s diseases treatment in the region. According to WHO, India has a significantly high prevalence of hearing loss. It is estimated that there are more than 500,000 people affected by Meniere’s disease in India. The increasing number of cases is attributed to the rising risk of air pollution, noise pollution and chemical toxicity in the country
- Increase in incidences of Meniere’s diseases and high demand for minimally invasive procedures in developing economies of Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The Meniere’s disease treatment market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to increasing investments in healthcare industries in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global Meniere’s disease treatment market is highly competitive with top manufacturers adopting various strategies to consolidate their share in the market. Certain strategies adopted include expansion of geographic presence through collaborations and emphasis on research and development activities for production of flexible and biocompatible stents. A few key players operating in the global Meniere’s disease treatment market are:
- Auris Medical
- Otonomy, Inc.
- Sound Pharmaceuticals
- Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.
- The Ear Company
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Drug Treatment
- Short-term medications
- Long-term medications
- Injectable medications
- Endolymphatic sac
- Vestibular nerve section
- Suplemental Therapies & Procedure
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Hearing aid
- Meniett pulse generator
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market, by Application
- Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Meniere’s Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.