Melioidosis Diagnostic Market: Introduction
- Melioidosis, also called as Whitmore's Disease, is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria Burkholderia pseudomallei. Melioidosis infection usually affects the lungs and is diagnosed by blood, urine, saliva, or skin lesion examination. Melioidosis bacteria are present in polluted water and soil, and they propagate by direct contact with the contaminated source to humans and animals.
- The incubation time for melioidosis varies from 1 to 21 days, with an overall span of nine days to the start of infection. Symptoms are usually observed two to four weeks after exposure. Melioidosis is widely recorded in Southeast Asia, North Australia, South Asia (including India), and China. Majority of patients are from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Northern Australia. Melioidosis was also recorded in Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia. B. Pseudomallei has various forms of secretion systems that are important for its spread and intracellular survival, while its pathogenesis is partially due to exotoxins.
- The bacteria that causes the disease are found in the soil, rice paddies, and stagnant waters of the region. People get infected by inhaling dust infected with the bacteria and when the contaminated dirt comes into contact with the abraded layer of the skin. Infection most frequently occurs during the rainy season.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market
- Increase in prevalence of melioidosis and major investments in the advancement of healthcare facilities are key factors driving the melioidosis diagnostics market. Patient factors, including growing rates of diabetes mellitus and continuing dangerous alcohol use, are projected to increase the population at risk of melioidosis, in addition to environmental factors, which are estimated to drive the melioidosis diagnostic market. Moreover, expansion of the market can also be fuelled by new products under pipeline. However, the shortage of qualified professionals/technicians and the high cost of diagnostic instruments restrain the melioidosis diagnostic market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market
- North America is leading in the global market in terms of demand for melioidosis diagnostics. The region is projected to account for a prominent share during the forecast period. Expansion of the market in the region can be attributed primarily to an increase in investment in R&D in pharmaceutical companies, rise in government funding for the development of diagnostic kits, and the presence of key players in North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a notable CAGR level during the forecast era due to a rise in number of cases of melioidosis. For instance, clinicians in Northern Australia, especially during the wet season, and in people with predisposing risk factors have a high index of suspicion of melioidosis.
- Lack of laboratory diagnostic capabilities and lack of disease awareness are likely to further create opportunities. For instance, in several laboratories across Australia, Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry is available and can be used to rapidly recognize B. Pseudomallei of cultivated specimens. Moreover, serological testing by using indirect haemagglutination assay is accessible in Australia; however, the use is restricted in the diagnosis of acute illness in those from endemic locations due to context seropositivity.
- Increasing government and private sector investment is also projected to fuel the boost the companies operating in the melioidosis diagnostic market in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market
The global melioidosis diagnostic market is highly consolidated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions.
Major players operating in the global melioidosis diagnostic market are listed below:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- InBios International, Inc.
- Cell Signaling Technology, Inc
- Other Prominent Players
Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market: Research Scope
Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market, by Diagnostic test
- Bacterial culture test
- Latex fixation test
- Hemagglutination assay
- Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization
- Direct fluorescent antibody test
- Other Tests
Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market, by Sample type
- Blood cultures
- Rectal swabs
- Pus from abscesses
Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market, by End use
- Research laboratories
- Academic institutions
Global Melioidosis Diagnostic Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.