Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market: Overview
- Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) is a common eye condition and a primary cause of evaporative dry eye. Stagnation of meibum induces an unstable tear film, thus resulting in shortened tear film breakup time and superficial punctate keratopathy (SPK) in the lower cornea and punctate staining of lower bulbar conjunctiva.
- MGD is sometimes accompanied with inflammation (termed meibomitis) through the proliferation of bacteria in the meibomian gland and eyelash area. Meibomitis is strongly related to ocular surface inflammation such as corneal cellular infiltrates and neovascularization, SPK, and conjunctivitis.
- The primary reason for meibomian gland dysfunction is thought to be based on an obstructive disorder, caused by increased keratinization of the terminal ducts, the presence of squamous debris, and a thickening of the meibum
Key Driver of Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market
- Numerous pooled research studies indicated that men were more prone to meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) than women. Accordin to Acta Ophthalmologica Journal, the prevalence of meibomian gland dysfunction in the normal population across the population in Asia is reported to be highly variable and in various studies ranges between 3.4% and 60%. It seems to be higher in the population across Asia. This high rate of prevalence is likely to drive the demand for treatment of meibomian gland dysfunction.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global meibomian gland dysfunction treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- North America is anticipated to account for a significant share of the global market due to well-defined reimbursement policies from public and private health insurance firms that help provide patients easy access to diagnosis and treatment
- According to a study published by the American Optometric Association in 2017, more than 16 million people in the U.S.-including twice as many women than men- were suffering from dry eye disease, and out of them around 70% of patients have meibomian gland dysfunction syndrome.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a substantial share of the market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period due to an increase in patient population and a rise in adoption of treatment
Key Players Operating in Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global meibomian gland dysfunction treatment market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Johnson and Johnson Service Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Akorn, Inc.
- Sentiss Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Omega-3 supplements
- Antibacterial Eye Drops
- AZR MD 001
- TP 03
- NOV03 (Novatears)
- HY02 – Minocycline
Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.