Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market: Introduction
- The electric cables which have voltage carrying capacity between 6 kV to 36 kV are considered as the medium-voltage electric cable. These type of cables are mostly used in distribution network, where the electricity is delivered to the consumers.
- These cables has insulted with cross-linked polyethylene. This type of insulation has excellent chemical resistance and is also resistant to extreme temperatures. Furthermore these cables are also used in underground or underwater. Due to which the medium-voltage electric cable have high demand consumers.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization is a key factor driving the global medium-voltage electric cable market. Over the last few years, there has been significant industrialization and urbanization in developing economies, which has led to increased requirement for power generation, transmission, and distribution. Rapid industrialization and urbanization is expected to boost the demand for medium voltage electric cables during the forecast period.
- Increased awareness about and investments in renewable energy is one of the key factors driving the global medium-voltage electric cable market. Over the last decade, there has been significant increase in investments in renewable energy such as solar, wind, hydropower, geothermal, and biomass. Sometimes, renewable energy projects are off the grid and hence, medium-voltage electric cables are employed to connect with grid systems. Thus, increasing renewable energy generation across the globe is expected to drive the global medium voltage electric cable market during the forecast period.
- Power generation, transmission, and distribution require high capital investments and long-term planning, which is a major factor restraining the global medium-voltage electric cable market. Projects across the world are getting delayed, due to lack of funding. Thus, high capital costs are expected to restrain the global medium voltage electric cable market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market report
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market: Segmentation
- The global medium-voltage electric cable market can be segmented based on device installation, voltage, material type, core type, and end-user
- In terms of device installation, the global medium-voltage electric cable market can be segmented into overhead, underground, and submarine. Underground is expected to be the dominant segment in the near future, due to lower transmission losses and maintenance costs associated with underground cables and their resistance to weather conditions.
- Based on voltage, the global market can be divided into below 10 kV, 11 kV – 20 kV, 21 kV – 30 kV, and above 30 kV. Among these, below 10 kV and 11 kV – 20kV segments are expected to lead the global medium-voltage electric cable market during the forecast period, due to high demand among end-users.
- Based on material type, the global medium-voltage electric cable market can be classified into copper and aluminum. The aluminum segment leads the global medium-voltage electric cable market, as aluminum cables are inexpensive than copper cables.
- In terms of core type, the global market can be segmented into single core and triple core. The triple core segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, as triple core cables are more stable in harsh environmental conditions and they provide safety in case of indoor installations.
- Based on end-user, the global medium-voltage electric cable market can be segregated into residential, commercial, and industrial. The industrial segment can be sub-divided in oil & gas, mining, petrochemical, power generation, renewable energy, and others. The industrial segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global medium-voltage electric cable market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Government initiatives toward development of infrastructure and rising investments in the industrial sector in the region are anticipated to drive the Asia Pacific medium-voltage electric cable market during the forecast period
- Countries such as India, China, and Japan are expected to lead the medium-voltage electric cable market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period, due to rise in investments in energy production and distribution in these countries
- The market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, due to increasing investments in the development of renewable energy in these regions
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period, which can be ascribed to steady increase in investments in power generation and distribution projects in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market
Key Players Operating in Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market:
- Prysmian Group
- NKT A/S
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd
- Sterlite Power
- Eland Cables
- Synergy Cables
- KEI Industry Limited
- GAON CABLE Co., Ltd.
- General Cable Technologies Corporation
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market: Research Scope
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market, by Installation
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market, by Voltage
- 11 kV – 20 kV
- 21 kV – 30 kV
- Above 30 kV
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market, by Material Type
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market, by Core Type
- Single Core
- Triple Core
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Renewable Energy
Global Medium-voltage Electric Cable Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.