Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers: Introduction
- Medium voltage circuit breakers operate on voltage levels of around 400 volts to 15kV approximately
- Unlike most circuit breakers, medium voltage circuit breakers can be operated manually at 600V or below 600V. Other than manual operations, medium voltage circuit breakers can also be electrically operated with a solenoid or some other energy storing mechanism.
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are classified into three types that includes air circuit breaker, vacuum circuit breaker, and SF6 circuit breaker
- Air circuit breakers use air as the medium to work, whereas vacuum circuit breakers use vacuum to interrupt the flow of current; SF6 circuit breaker use sulfur hexafluoride gas as their operating medium
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are used for two types of applications: indoor application and outdoor application
Rise in Demand for Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers for Use in Transmission & Distribution Fields
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are largely used in transmission & distribution fields to provide safe and reliable power distribution. For medium voltage power distribution, vacuum circuit breakers are largely used to withstand huge loads- reliably and almost entirely maintenance-free, throughout their entire life cycle.
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are used for generator applications in energy utility and industrial companies and applications that require very high switching rate
- Similarly, for indoor applications, vacuum circuit breakers and SF6 circuit breakers are significantly used to provide safe and reliable power
- Moreover, medium voltage circuit breakers provide centralized control and protection of medium voltage power equipment and circuit in commercial, industrial, motors, mining, and marine installations involving generators and feeder circuits
- As a result of these factors, demand for medium voltage circuit breakers for industrial applications is growing, which is expected to drive the global medium voltage circuit breakers market during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead the Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market
- In terms of region, the global medium voltage circuit breakers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global medium voltage circuit breakers market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of medium voltage circuit breakers operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in electrical products which is expected to boost the medium voltage circuit breakers market in the region during the forecast period
- The medium voltage circuit breakers market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market
The global medium voltage circuit breakers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for medium voltage circuit breakers. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global medium voltage circuit breakers market are:
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Powell Industries
- Schneider Electric
- TE Connectivity
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market: Research Scope
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by Insulation Type
- Air Circuit Breaker
- Vacuum Circuit Breaker
- SF6 Circuit Breaker
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by Application
- Indoor Application
- Outdoor Application
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by End-user
- Transmission & Distribution Utilities
- Power Generation
- Others (Automotive, Industrial, etc.)
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.