Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers: Introduction
- Medium voltage circuit breakers operate on voltage levels of around 400 volts to 15kV approximately
- Unlike most circuit breakers, medium voltage circuit breakers can be operated manually at 600V or below 600V. Other than manual operations, medium voltage circuit breakers can also be electrically operated with a solenoid or some other energy storing mechanism.
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are classified into three types that includes air circuit breaker, vacuum circuit breaker, and SF6 circuit breaker
- Air circuit breakers use air as the medium to work, whereas vacuum circuit breakers use vacuum to interrupt the flow of current; SF6 circuit breaker use sulfur hexafluoride gas as their operating medium
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are used for two types of applications: indoor application and outdoor application
Rise in Demand for Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers for Use in Transmission & Distribution Fields
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are largely used in transmission & distribution fields to provide safe and reliable power distribution. For medium voltage power distribution, vacuum circuit breakers are largely used to withstand huge loads- reliably and almost entirely maintenance-free, throughout their entire life cycle.
- Medium voltage circuit breakers are used for generator applications in energy utility and industrial companies and applications that require very high switching rate
- Similarly, for indoor applications, vacuum circuit breakers and SF6 circuit breakers are significantly used to provide safe and reliable power
- Moreover, medium voltage circuit breakers provide centralized control and protection of medium voltage power equipment and circuit in commercial, industrial, motors, mining, and marine installations involving generators and feeder circuits
- As a result of these factors, demand for medium voltage circuit breakers for industrial applications is growing, which is expected to drive the global medium voltage circuit breakers market during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead the Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market
- In terms of region, the global medium voltage circuit breakers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global medium voltage circuit breakers market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of medium voltage circuit breakers operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in electrical products which is expected to boost the medium voltage circuit breakers market in the region during the forecast period
- The medium voltage circuit breakers market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market
The global medium voltage circuit breakers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for medium voltage circuit breakers. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global medium voltage circuit breakers market are:
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Powell Industries
- Schneider Electric
- TE Connectivity
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market: Research Scope
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by Insulation Type
- Air Circuit Breaker
- Vacuum Circuit Breaker
- SF6 Circuit Breaker
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by Application
- Indoor Application
- Outdoor Application
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by End-user
- Transmission & Distribution Utilities
- Power Generation
- Others (Automotive, Industrial, etc.)
Global Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.