Medium Voltage AC Drives Market: Market Overview
The medium voltage AC drives are perfectly aligned with medium and high voltage motors, to create a flawless coordinated system. The medium voltage AC drives have applications in controlling standard motors, which are used to drive applications such as fans, conveyors, compressors, mills, mixers, and pumps, etc. They are also used for high power, high speed and special performance applications such as compressors, fans, large pumps, marine propulsions and thrusters, rolling mills, SAG and ball mills, etc. The medium voltage AC drives help in cost reduction and energy conservation. They operate at greater supply voltages to acquire lower losses and they also use smaller cables which enhance overall drive and efficiency, thus reducing the system cost. As compared to the low voltage drives, the medium voltage AC drives produce hundred times greater power output; which enables them to control huge, multi-megawatt electric motors that power some of the largest industrial loads found in mines, metal processing plants or in power stations. However, the definition of medium voltage is different with respect to different industries. Since medium voltage motors are typically some of the largest consumers of power in many heavy industries; thus applying medium voltage AC drives for these applications can dramatically reduce power consumption and energy costs.
Medium Voltage AC Drives Market: Market Dynamics
The growing demand for equipment capable of reducing overall power and energy consumption, is fueling the growth of the medium voltage AC drives. The need to reduce downtime in industrial processes is also contributing to the growth of the medium voltage AC drives market. The need for high reliability coupled with a low harmonics distortion, reactive power control operation and regenerative operation in the industry; is one of the major driving factors. However, the high initial cost of investment is a restraining factor for the growth of the medium voltage AC drives market. The power saving feature of the medium voltage AC drives widens the scope of their market as they can be included in green and sustainable industrial projects. The versatile functions of the medium voltage AC drive market also create the opportunity for market growth. For instance, functions such as instantaneous power loss tracing function, self-diagnosis function, current limiting function, and automatic voltage adjustment function, etc. One of the prominent trends of the medium voltage AC drives is the availability of customized and tailored drives according to the specific requirements of the customer. Another prominent feature of the medium voltage AC drives is the wide range of input voltages, this coupled with the energy regeneration capability allows breaking of overhauling loads and frequent stopping of loads such as fans, pumps.
Medium Voltage AC Drives Market: Market Segmentation
The global medium voltage AC drives market can be segmented on the basis of end-use industries:
- Power Generation
- Metal Processing
- Cement Manufacturing
- Oil & Gas Refineries
- Mineral Extraction & Mining Processes
- Pulp & Paper
- Water Management
- Waste Water management
Medium Voltage AC Drives Market: Regional Outlook
The global medium voltage AC drives market geographically is segmented as North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe hold a significant market share of medium voltage AC drives market owing to the fully automated manufacturing processes. Furthermore, the increase in R & D activities related to manufacturing equipment, wherein medium voltage AC drives are useful for energy conservation, aids in boosting the growth of its market in the region. The market in the APEJ region is more inclined towards growing demand for medium voltage AC drives because of the increasing industrial automation.
Medium Voltage AC Drives Market: Prominent Players
Some of the prominent players in the global medium voltage AC drives market are:
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- Honeywell Automation
- Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Hitachi Hi-Rel Power Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Spartan Controls Ltd.
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- Amtech Electronics India Ltd.
- Danfoss Engineering
- ABB Drives
- US Drives, Inc.
- TECO Electric Europe Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?