Medicated Soap Market: Introduction
- Medicated soaps refer to antibiotic soaps which are designed to combat skin issues such as dry skin or oily skin. Medicated soaps are mostly prescribed by dermatologists or skin experts to prevent skin related issues. It also provides effective protection against fungal infection, inflammation, skin irritation, rashes, and redness on the skin.
- Consumers suffering from common skin problems such as dry skin, acne, eczema, rosacea, sun burns, contact dermatitis, hyperpigmentation, dandruff, and seborrheic dermatitis are likely to create demand for medicated soaps across the globe.
Increasing Adoption of Specialized Soaps: A Key Driver
- Increasing awareness among consumers about the usage of medicated soaps to prevent several skin issues is likely to drive the sales of the product. Rising dermatological issues among consumers is encouraging them to opt for medicated soaps. Dermatologists and doctors recommending their patients to use an antiseptic soap during the COVID-19 pandemic has boosted the sales of medicated soaps. In addition, key players offering innovative soaps infused with herbal and other natural ingredients is likely to gain the attention of consumers.
Strong Presence of Alternative Solutions: Key Restraint
- A medicated soap is not pocket-friendly for consumers. High cost of these soaps is expected to act as a deterrent for customers, especially for those in developing countries. This may act as a barrier to the growth of the medicated soap market in the coming years. Moreover, presence of several alternative solutions such as beauty soap, glycerin soap, bath liquids, and antiseptic solutions are restraints to the growth of the medicated soap market.
Asia Pacific to be a Potential Market for Medicated Soaps
- The global medicated soap market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America can be divided into the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Europe can be segregated into the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The Asia Pacific market comprises India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The medicated soap market in South America can be segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a lucrative market for medicated soaps during the forecast period due to increasing usage of specialty soaps by users to prevent skin related issues or allergies as they consider it to be a healthy choice for maintaining the skin.
Key Players Operating in the Global Medicated Soap Market
The global medicated soap market is fragmented in nature due to presence of several players across the globe. These players have adopted strategies such as new product development, acquisitions, mergers, and agreements to be competitive and expand their customer base in the market.
Key players operating in the global medicated soap market are:
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Godrej Consumer Products Limited
- GOJO Industries, Inc.
- Medline Industries, LP
- Premier English Manufacturing Ltd.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group
- Sanofi S.A
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- Unilever Group
Global Medicated Soap Market: Research Scope
Global Medicated Soap Market, by Type
- Antiseptic Soap
- Antibacterial Soap
- Antifungal Soap
- Sensitive Skin Soap
Global Medicated Soap Market, by Pricing
- Low (below US$ 10)
- Medium (US$ 10–US$ 50)
- High (above US$ 50)
Global Medicated Soap Market, by End-user
Global Medicated Soap Market, by Age Group
- Gen Z
- Generation X
- Baby Boomers
- Silent Generation
Global Medicated Soap Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Websites
- Pharma & Specialty Stores
- Mega Retail Stores
- Others (Departmental Stores, Individual Stores, etc.)
The report on the global medicated soap market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on regional and other segments of the market.
Regional Analysis of Global Medicated Soap Market:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South America