Medical Thermometers Market: Introduction
- Medical thermometers are used to measure human body temperature, with the tip of the thermometer being inserted either under the tongue or into the mouth, under or into the rectum via the anus.
- There are several types of thermometers including mercury thermometers, liquid filled thermometers, electronic thermometers, contact thermometers, remote thermometers, and basal thermometers.
- The temperature can be measured in various locations on the body which maintain fairly temperature. The location mainly include forehead, axillary, vaginal or temporal artery.
- The applications of a liquid-filled or mercury thermometers are very limited, this has led to the development of digital thermometers. Digital thermometers use a thermocouple, thermistor, or other temperature measurement sensors. These thermometers can measure a very minute change in temperature.
- Due to benefits of digital thermometers their use in healthcare industry for emergency use or pediatric care will increase in the coming years.
Key Drivers of Global Medical Thermometers Market
- Increasing infectious diseases are expected to drive the demand for medical thermometers during the forecast period.
- For instance, currently entire world is facing the pandemic situation due to COVID-19 disease caused by a virus called coronavirus. The most first and most common symptom of COVID-19 is low grade fever that increases gradually.
- Moreover, in 2016, Zika virus outbreak was happened which was associated with rise in body temperature.
- Thus, increase in the number of infectious diseases including Zika virus and coronavirus resulting in increased demand for medical thermometers is expected to drive the medical thermometers market during the forecast period.
Digital Thermometers Segment Expected to grow at a Faster Rate during the Forecast Period
- Based on product, the global medical thermometers market can be divided into digital thermometers and liquid-filled thermometers.
- The digital thermometers segment is anticipated to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period
- Digital thermometer has several advantages over conventional thermometers. Digital thermometers have permanent probes, a convenient digital display, and they are easily portable. Additionally, digital temperature record accurate temperatures. These factors are expected to drive the medial thermometers market during the forecast period.
Hospital Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global medical thermometers market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, homecare, and others
- The homecare segment is expected to account for major share of the global medical thermometers market by 2030
- The segment dominance can be attributed to increase in the usage of medical thermometers at home.
Asia Pacific to Offer Attractive Opportunities in the Global Medical Thermometers Market
- In terms of region, the global medical thermometers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific region is expected to offer significant opportunities for medical thermometers market during the forecast period due to increase in the geriatric population in the region, increase in prevalence of various chronic disease and lifestyle diseases are expected to drive the medical thermometers market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Thermometers Market
The global medical thermometers market is fragmented with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global medical thermometers market are:
- Exergen Corp.
- EASYTEM Co. Ltd.
- OMRON Corp.
- Paul Hartmann AG
- Tecnimed Srl
- American Diagnostic Corp.
- Ansell Ltd.
- Beurer GmbH
- Briggs Corp.
- Citizen Watch Co. Ltd.
Global Medical Thermometers Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Thermometers Market, by Product
- Digital Thermometers
- Liquid-filled Thermometers
Global Medical Thermometers Market, by End-user
Global Medical Thermometers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.