Medical Plastic Extrusion Market - Introduction
Medical plastic extrusion is one of the effective methods for transforming the characteristics of raw plastic using a blend of additives. Custom medical plastic extrusion can combine the properties of advanced materials to enable specific performance characteristics for medical plastic tubing or plastic parts, and can form multi-lumen tubing or complex profiles to fit a wide range of applications. Materials used in medical plastics extrusion range from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) to polyurethanes to nylon co-polymers to polycarbonate to polyether ether ketone (PEEK) to silicone. Medical plastic extrusion process tends to change the physical, thermal, electrical, or aesthetic characteristics of the plastic. The process entails incorporation of an extensive range of additives, fillers, and reinforces to base resin in order to achieve a wide range of structural and pre-coloring properties. These are lightweight and bio-compatible. The cost of production is also low. Key applications of medical plastic extrusion include catheters and syringes, dental tools, diagnostic instruments, drug delivery devices, implants, medical bags, and surgical instruments.
Identify the Key Factors that will drive your Company’s Growth. Request a Brochure of this Report here
Medical Plastic Extrusion Market- Competitive Landscape
Key players operating in the global medical plastic extrusion market are focusing on capacity expansion and mergers. For instance,
- In August 2014, The Lubrizol Corporation acquired Vesta . The acquisition broadened Lubrizol's life science manufacturing capabilities, applications, and material portfolio with access to silicone and a range of other thermoplastics utilized in medical devices. In August 2017, The Lubrizol Corporation's LifeSciences business is investing US$ 10Mn for a significant capacity expansion at its silicone contract manufacturing site in Franklin, U.S.
The number of players, especially small- and medium-scale manufacturers, operating in the global medical plastic extrusion market is significantly large. Therefore, the market is highly fragmented. For instance,
- In December 2017, Solvay and Apollo Medical see growing interest in Veradel HC product as a potential game-changing material for medical microtube designs . Apollo Medical Extrusion offers single- and multi-lumen medical microtubing extruded from Solvay’s medical-grade Veradel HC A-301 NT polyethersulfone (PESU).
Founded in 1902, 3M is headquartered in Minnesota, U.S. The company is a diversified technology company with a global presence. The company operates through five business segments: industrial, safety & graphics, healthcare, electronics & energy, and consumer. The healthcare segment provides services to medical clinics and hospitals, pharmaceuticals, dental and orthodontic practitioners, health information systems, and food manufacturing and testing. 3M has been a leader of great business development strategies. The company is always open to adapt new things.
Expanding Operations in Future? To get the perfect launch ask for a Custom Report here
Medica Europe BV.
Founded in 1957, Medica Europe BV is headquartered in Oss, Netherlands. The company formerly known as Maxxim Medical Europe BV, develops, manufactures, and markets a wide range of medical disposables. The company manufactures disposables for critical care units, interventional radiology centers, cardiac catheterization laboratories, and operating rooms. It markets products to clinics and health care providers through direct sales channels outside of the Netherlands and Belgium. Company’s has gained leading position in the non-latex examination gloves and custom procedure trays market. Media Europe BV has reported strong growth in the past few years.
Founded in 1992, Stradis Healthcare is headquartered in Peachtree Corners, U.S. The company manufactures and markets standard and custom surgical products. The company offers surgical/procedure packs for arthroscopic, endovenous, OBGYN, heart Cath, ophthalmic, oral, orthopedics, plastic, cornea/tissue bank, and veterinary applications; and sterile separates, such as OBGYN, ophthalmic, oral, and plastic sterile separates. It also provides contract packaging services that include custom assembly and sub-assembly, custom packaging, personalization by physician or facility with logo capabilities, sealing, sterile and non-sterile device manufacturing, sterilization, and validation services. It serves surgical centers, private practices, and purchasing networks in the United States and internationally.
Medical Plastic Extrusion Market – Dynamics
Technological advancements in the medical plastic extrusion used to prepare surgical products
Manufacturers of medical devices opt for different types of plastics based on cost effectiveness, raw material availability, and applicability. Conventional plastics such as PVC, PP, and PE account for significant share of the medical industry. Further manufacturers of medical devices focus on employing advanced plastics such as engineering thermoplastics. Technological developments in the manufacture of plastic with desired properties such as high absorbency and microbial resistance are reducing cross contamination in hospitals. This is expected to drive the manufacture of new and innovative medical plastic extrusion product in the near future.
Governments have taken initiatives to increase the use of technology in the manufacture of medical plastic extrusion. For Instance, the government of India has permitted 100% foreign direct investment (FDI). This initiative has increased participation of leading manufacturers of medical plastic extrusion & surgical supplier in the country.
Medical Plastic Extrusion Market– Segmentation
Based on the material, the Medical Plastic Extrusion market is segmented into
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Engineering plastics
- Others (biopolymers and polyamides).
Based on the product type, the Medical Plastic Extrusion market is segmented into
- Splittable tubing
- Radiopaque fillers
- Etched liners
- Medical tubing
- Thermoplastics elastomer tubing
- Multi-lumen tubing
- Medical coextrusion
Based on the application, the Medical Plastic Extrusion market is segmented into
- Diagnostic instruments
- Medical bags
- Drug delivery devices
- Others (including breathing masks and incubators & autoclaves).
Based on the end-user, the Medical Plastic Extrusion market is segmented into
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Academic and Research Institutes
The report on Medical Plastic Extrusion market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Medical Plastic Extrusion market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Medical Plastic Extrusion market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis for Medical Plastic Extrusion market includes:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.