Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market: Introduction
Nitrile, or acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR), is a material made of organic chemicals. Nitrile gloves do not contain latex proteins and have a minimal content of vulcanisation accelerators. Gloves are personal protective equipment that are utilized to protect the wearer and the patient from the spread of infection or illness during medical procedures and examinations. The gloves must also have a high puncture resistance, since most medical professionals work with scalpels, surgical tools, and needles. The gloves are meant to serve specific tasks while protecting the skin and preventing cross-contamination. These gloves are worn by surgeons and other health professionals who have direct contact with blood, infections, sharp tools, and other harmful objects and substances that could cause extreme illness or infection.
Key Drivers of Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market
Increase in number of plastic and cosmetic surgeries, burns, trauma, and accidents drive the market
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ annual plastic surgery procedural statistics, 17.5 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in the U.S. in 2017, an increase of 2% over that in 2016. These statistics also reveal a rise in new trends in body-shaping procedures, with a spike in non-invasive fat reduction as well as surgeries such as breast augmentations. An estimated 1.2 million people are killed in road crashes each year, and as many as 50 million are injured, occupying 30% to 70% of orthopedic beds in hospitals in developing countries. Nearly 30 million children and adolescents participate in youth sports in the U.S. The diagnosis of all these factors in a diagnostic center or hospitals are done frequently. Doctors and the medical staff make sure to wear gloves, which builds a safety barrier between the patients and the medical staff during examinations and wound dressings to avoid infections and cross contamination.
Increase in incidence of chronic wound drives demand for wound closure devices
Chronic wounds are often termed ulcers and can be defined as wounds with a full thickness in depth and a slow healing tendency. It is estimated that 1% to 2 % of the population in developed countries would experience a chronic wound during their lifetime. Dramatic increase in the geriatric population is projected to increase the number of geriatric patients, as wound closure also drive the market. Complications of chronic wounds include infection such as cellulitis and infective venous eczema, gangrene, hemorrhage, and lower-extremity amputations. Chronic wounds lead to disability, which worsens wound outcomes, resulting in a vicious cycle. Doctors and the medical staff are advised to wear gloves and other personal protective equipment to avoid infections. This factor drives the market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global medical nitrile gloves market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in research & development and various government initiatives. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period.
- The medical nitrile gloves market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to a rise in investment in research & development by private & government organizations and increase in healthcare management.
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market
The global medical nitrile gloves market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of a number of key players. Leading players operating in the global medical nitrile gloves market include:
- Siemens Healthcare
- Dynarex Corporation
- Ansell Healthcare
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Supermax Corporation Berhad
- Kossan Rubber Industries ltd
- Top Glove Corporation Berhad
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- United Glove Inc.
Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market, by Form
- Powdered Gloves
- Non-Powdered Gloves
Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market, by Application
- Medical Gloves
- Examination gloves
- Surgical Gloves
Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Medical Nitrile Gloves Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.