Medical Loupes Market
Medical Loupes Market (Type: Through The Lens [TTL] Loupes and Flip Up Loupes; Lens Type: Galilean and Prismatic; Price Category: Low, Medium, and High; Application: Dentistry, Surgical, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Microscopes Help to Mitigate COVID-19 Risks in Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dental and maxillofacial surgeons are among key healthcare professionals who are at a high risk of contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus) infections. Hence, companies in the medical loupes market are diversifying their production capabilities in dental microscopes, which help to mitigate risks of COVID-19, as dental surgeons are at the greatest physical proximity with patients. As such, manufacturers in the medical loupes market are increasing their R&D in manufacturing ceiling mounted microscopes to meet the needs of dental surgeons.
Dental surgeons operate at a very small distance from the patient’s mouth. This has triggered the demand for dental microscopes to maintain a neutral and upright position offering a high-resolution image of the subject area.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Medical Loupes Market
Optimization of Weight in Binocular Loupes Necessary to Gain Market Recognition
The medical loupes market is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. However, manufacturers face challenges in optimizing the weight of medical loupes. This has led to increased emphasis on R&D in order to gain a competitive edge in the market landscape. Companies in the medical loupes market such as SWAROTEC— a manufacturer of custom-engineered systems made of optics, is capitalizing on this opportunity to upgrade its R&D capabilities in the lightweight construction of binocular loupes, while deploying excellent image quality.
The unmatched color correction for absolute color fidelity and lightweight designs are being highly preferred by surgeons.
Head Mounted Digital Loupes Meet Complex Requirements of Surgeons
Strategic partnerships among manufacturers are bolstering growth of the medical loupes market. Neways Electronics International N.V. and i-Med Technology BV have joined forces to innovate in head mounted digital loupes (HMDL) and the 3D (3 Dimensional) viewer to meet the complex requirements of surgeons. This explains why the revenue and CAGR of surgical applications of medical loupes are projected for outstanding growth during the forecast period. As such, the market is slated to register a robust CAGR of 6% during the assessment period.
Lightweight digital surgical loupes are storming the healthcare landscape, owing to the rising complexities of surgical procedures. They are increasing their production capabilities to integrate headlight and zoom function in digital microscopes.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Professional Dental Hygienists Prefer Improved Ergonomics in Binocular Loupes
Modern dental loupes help surgeons to treat and identify exact location of the disease. For professional dental hygienists, manufacturers in the medical loupes market are producing binocular form of devices, which are advantageous in performing hands-free mode of treatment. According to the public healthcare research reports, varied eating habits of people have led to the high prevalence of dental disorders. This is acting as a growth driver for the medical loupes market.
Since dental hygienists are prone to common physical ailments such as backache, eye strain, and shoulder weakness, manufacturers are increasing efforts to improve the ergonomics of dental loupes. They are mainly focusing on improving magnification power, resolution of magnifying lenses, and weight of loupes to gain a competitive edge over other manufacturers.
Growing Awareness about Working Pain Fuels Innovation in Medical Loupes
There is a growing awareness about overcoming working pain, owing to dental and surgical procedures. Companies in the medical loupes market such as SurgiTel— a premium provider of loupes, headlights, and other optical accessories, are increasing their R&D muscle to develop medical loupes with unmatched ergonomics to address the issues of working pain in the neck and spine of surgeons.
Manufacturers in the medical loupes market are developing equipment that promote a working head tilt angle to help surgeons work pain-free. Manufacturers are deploying superior magnification in loupes to provide vivid visual details of the subject area.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Medical Loupes Market
Microscopes are providing multiple advantages in dental practice to establish long working distance at the time of COVID-19. Expertise in long-range optics and high resolution imaging is helping manufacturers in the medical loupes market to gain recognition. However, many surgeons complain about working pain in the neck and spine. Hence, manufacturers should increase efforts to design lightweight structures. They should boost their production capabilities in head mounted digital loupes to meet complex requirements of surgeons. As such, clip-on loupes are gaining increased popularity among dental hygienists to facilitate a perfect view of the subject area. Manufacturers are expanding their business potentials in neurosurgery, spine surgery, and ENT to facilitate high quality care.
Medical Loupes Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global medical loupes market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, usage of medical loupes in automotive and telecommunication sectors and increasing application of medical loupes in consumer electronics are factors expected to boost the global medical loupes market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global medical loupes market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 541 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period
Growing Number of Surgeries across Globe: A Key Driver
- Increase in the number of minimally invasive surgeries is expected to boost the medical loupes market during the forecast period. Rise in the number of surgeries would require extensive usage of medical instruments, and consequently lead to an increase in usage of medical loupes.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 48 million surgical procedures were performed in the U.S. alone in 2009
- Majority of surgical procedures include coronary artery bypass grafts, total hip replacements, and endoscopic procedures for the large intestine. Moreover, around 10 million minimally invasive procedures were performed globally in 2011.
Technological Advancements to Generate Opportunities for Medical Loupes Market across All Industry Verticals
- Companies in the market are constantly focusing on technological development of medical loupes. Rising application of medical loupes in surgeries, particularly microscopic operations, has encouraged manufacturers to compete on the basis of product uniqueness. For instance, ExamVision Kepler Advanced was recently introduced in the market. The product combined four magnification levels in only one pair of loupes. The Turn&Click system allows the user to quickly switch between magnifications ranging from 3.6 to 6.4 times in a single motion, ensuring perfect sharpness of vision and a comfortable working posture.
- Manufacturers are constantly emphasizing on the comfort and efficiency of medical loupes that are capable of catering to multiple verticals. Advancements in the medical loupes technology is, therefore, expected to offer growth opportunities to players across the medical loupes value chain.
Lack of Awareness: Key Restraint of Medical Loupes Market
- Lack of awareness is limiting the usage of medical loupe products. Medical loupes are perceived as slightly more complex and costly. The usage of such products requires training for their efficient and effective utilization. Training is always one of the main keys to success when using low vision devices.
- As these devices can provide greatly increased magnification powers and prescription strength, along with higher-quality optics (i.e., the way the lens bends or refracts light), they are different from regular glasses and magnifiers that can be bought in a local store or online. Often they require training to help use them effectively.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Market
- The overall production and supply of medical loupes were hampered due to the outbreak of COVID-19. However, it has generated immense opportunities for suppliers or retailers to expand their sales channels and increase the overall profitability of their business.
- Companies are working with local governments to reach lockdown places and provide their product to distributors. India and China are expected to be key markets post the COVID-19 scenario.
- As per the AAO (American Academy of Ophthalmology), standard surgical personal protective equipment (PPE), including a surgical mask, is sufficient for surgeons in majority of cases. Eye protection should be worn when possible. In some instances, eye protection is difficult or interferes with safe performance of a procedure. In such scenarios, close-fitting safety glasses may permit continuous wear. A sterile face shield can be placed after donning surgical loupes or an indirect ophthalmoscope.
Medical Loupes Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of medical loupes have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global medical loupes market include
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Den-Mat Holdings LLC
- Designs for Vision, Inc.
- Enova Illumination, Inc.
- Heine Optotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Keeler Ltd.
- North-Southern Electronics Limited
- R&D Surgical Ltd. (Xenosys)
- Rose Micro Solutions LLC
- SheerVision Inc.
Medical Loupes Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of medical loupes, such as Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Den-Mat Holding, and Orascoptic are focusing on the production of quality medical loupes to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global medical loupes market are highlighted below:
- In December 2020, i-Med Technology BV and Neways Electronics International N.V. entered into a partnership for the production of the Head Mounted Digital Loupe (HMDL) and the 3D viewer based on this technology. The HMDL offers a solution for the increasing complexity of surgical procedures.
- In July 2019, Orascoptic launched its Tru Color Technology as its latest innovation, enabling that 90 CRI illumination was available for the first time in a loupe-mounted LED headlight with interpretation colors much closer to natural sunlight, giving very high accuracy levels
- In the global medical loupes market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of medical loupes. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global medical loupes market.
Medical Loupes Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global medical loupes market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global medical loupes market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global medical loupes market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period from 2020 - 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global medical loupes market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global medical loupes market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global medical loupes market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global medical loupes market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Medical Loupes Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the medical loupes market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global medical loupes market between 2018 and 2030?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global medical loupes market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global medical loupes market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global medical loupes market?
Research Methodology – Medical Loupes Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global medical loupes market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global medical loupes market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, products portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the medical loupes market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from medical loupes industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global medical loupes market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global medical loupes market more reliable and accurate.
Medical Loupes Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global medical loupes market includes information categorized into six sections ? type, lens type, price category, application, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the medical loupes market have been discussed in detail.