Medical Imaging Workstations Market: Introduction
- Radiology and pathology have been constantly undergoing transformation in terms of technology in the last few decades. Where radiology has evolved from films to digital images, pathology is also evolving from glass slides to digital imaging. Digital imaging not only helps in archiving and viewing patient data from remote locations, but also in instantly sharing the data anywhere in the world.
- A medical imaging workstation is the most important part of a digital imaging system for the clinician for visualization, especially in image-guided therapy workstations used in surgery and radiotherapy. The two types of medical imaging workstations are thick client workstations and thin client workstations.
- Thick client workstations are high-performance and high-resolution workstations that have high-performance computing capabilities and computer graphics. Thin client workstations comprise display stations, such as a web-enabled cell phone or personal digital assistant.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Medical Imaging Workstations Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market
- The global medical imaging workstations market is driven by rapid changes and advancements in technology. This market has seen proliferation through developments in computer hardware and software, in addition to innovations in AV technology (3D) and PACS modules. The move from a thick client to a thin client server and to cloud technology has been a significant improvement in medical imaging workstation visualization. This has reduced the acquisition and maintenance costs of medical imaging workstation.
- Smartphones and similar mobile devices provide convenience for physicians and connectivity with electronic medical records. This in turn drives adoption of 3D imaging among physicians and surgeons.
- It is imperative to monitor patient progress over months and often years for effective treatment of diseases such as cancer and neurological disorders. The progression of cancer is unpredictable. Hence, immediate access to patient history is of paramount importance for a doctor to make informed decisions regarding future course of action. This requires the AV images to be adequately stored to be useful during the future course of treatment by comparing present patient data with earlier records.
- Moreover, increase in incidence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases and surge in the geriatric population are likely to propel the CT and MRI imaging market. This in turn is projected to drive the global medical imaging workstations market during the forecast period.
- However, high cost associated with medical imaging procedures and technical limitations associated with software are anticipated to restrain the market during the forecast period
Thin Client Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global medical imaging workstations market can be segmented based on usage mode, component, modality, and region
- In terms of usage mode, the global medical imaging workstations market can be bifurcated into thick client and thin client. The thick client segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Based on component, the global medical imaging workstations market can be classified into visualization software and hardware.
- In terms of modality, the global medical imaging workstations market can be categorized into CT, MRI, mammography, and others
Asia Pacific to Present Lucrative Opportunities
- The global medical imaging workstations market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The medical imaging workstations market in Asia Pacific is witnessing strong growth due to increase in the geriatric population, rise in burden of diseases, budding research & development activities in educational institutions, and surge in demand among physicians for access to data at locations within and outside the hospital/clinic set-up for faster and efficient patient diagnoses.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Medical Imaging Workstations Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market
Leading players in the global medical imaging workstations market include:
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market, by Usage Mode
- Thick Client
- Thin Client
Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market, by Component
- Visualization Software
Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market, by Modality
Global Medical Imaging Workstations Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.