Medical Gloves: Introduction
- Medical gloves are disposable or reusable gloves used during medical examination, cleaning, and surgical procedures to help prevent cross-contamination between caregivers and patients. These gloves are made from different types of polymer including nitrile rubber, latex, vinyl, and neoprene. Medical gloves are available in powdered or in non-powdered form.
- Different types of medical gloves are available for different uses such as surgical gloves and examination gloves
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Medical Gloves Market, Request for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Medical Gloves Market
- Increase in incidence of major chronic diseases, rise in awareness about safety & sanitation, stringent regulations about the usage of personal protective equipment (PPE), surge in number of hospitals in developing countries, and increase in incidence of hospital-acquired infection are projected to drive the global medical gloves market during the forecast period. An article published by the Global Antibiotic Resistance Partnership (GARP) stated that more than 190,000 neonatal deaths occur due to infections in India each year.
- Increase in number of patients with coronavirus infection in countries such as the U.S., Italy, Spain, and India propels demand for medical gloves. Currently, in the U.S., around 2.5 million patients have tested positive for coronavirus. In India, around 474,587 people are suffering from coronavirus. These factors are anticipated to boost the growth of the global medical gloves market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Latex Gloves to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of material, the global medical gloves market can be categorized into latex, nitrile, vinyl, and others
- The latex segment accounted for the largest share of the global medical gloves market in 2019. The segment is expected to dominate the global market due to broad range of products available in the market and advantages over other type of gloves.
Examination Gloves Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Based on product type, the global medical gloves market can be classified into examination gloves, surgical gloves, and chemotherapy gloves
- The examination gloves segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in terms of revenue in 2019 and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in the number of patients with infectious diseases. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), in the U.S., hospital-acquired infections account for an estimated 1.7 million infections and 99,000 associated deaths each year.
Powdered Form to be Most Attractive Segment
- In terms of form type, the global medical gloves market can be bifurcated into powdered form and non-powdered form. Powdered form was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019. The segment is projected to witness strong growth during the forecast period, as it helps to avoid the gloves from sticking to each other.
Reusable Gloves to be Most Promising Segment
- Based on usage, the global medical gloves market can be split into reusable and disposable. Reusable was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019. The segment is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period due to advantages such as better protection, cost efficiency, reduction in medical waste, and increasing demand.
Hospitals to be Most Attractive Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global medical gloves market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, diagnostics centers, and others. Hospitals was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019. The segment is expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period, as most of the surgical procedures and disease examinations are carried out in hospital setting.
North America to Dominate Global Medical Gloves Market
- In terms of region, the global medical gloves market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global medical gloves market in 2019 and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in hospital-acquired infection, presence of major players, and well-established health care system.
- The medical gloves market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in demand for medical gloves in emerging countries such as India and China
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Gloves Market
The global medical gloves market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Ansell Healthcare LLC
- McKesson Corporation
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Top Glove Corporation Bhd
- Dynarex Corporation
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Semperit AG Holding
Global Medical Gloves Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Gloves Market, by Material
Medical Gloves Market, by Product Type
- Examination Gloves
- Surgical Gloves
- Chemotherapy Gloves
Medical Gloves Market, by Form Type
- Powdered Form
- Non-powdered Form
Global Medical Gloves Market, by Usage
Global Medical Gloves Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostics Centers
Global Medical Gloves Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.