The medical gases and equipment market is expected to grow at a healthy growth rate during the forecast period. Economic development in the Asian and East European regions will help the market maintain a healthy growth rate in the future. China, India and Russia have a large population base and rising disposable incomes of consumers in these regions provide lucrative opportunities for the market. An opportunity analysis for these countries is provided below:
- India: According to the Indian Gas Association, the medical and industrial gas market in India is growing at a rate of 15% - 18% annually. The presence of a large labor base and the growth in its economy, presents the medical gas and equipment manufacturers with immense growth opportunities
- China: China is the fastest growing economy in the world and has a huge population base. These attributes attract manufacturers like Taiyo Nippon Sanso Shenwei Medical Gas Co Ltd, to invest in the country and exploit the available growth opportunities. According to Taiyo Nippon Sanso Shenwei Medical Gas Co Ltd, investing in China will help them mitigate risks born out of global recession
- Russia: Russia is the fastest growing Eastern European country and this has attracted foreign investments in the medical gas sector. E.g. Acquisition of Lentechgas by Air Liquide in November, 2012. This acquisition helped the organization gain access into the most profitable North West regions of Russia
In terms of geography, Asia is the most promising segment of the market and will be the fastest growing segment during the forecasted period. The Asian medical gases and equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2012 to 2018. The presence of a large population base and high prevalence of pulmonary diseases (according to W.H.O: 90% of the deaths caused by COPD occur in low and middle income countries like India) and emergency medical conditions equip countries like India and China with a multitude of untapped opportunities. Recent economic development and government initiatives to strengthen their respective healthcare infrastructures have resulted in a rise in disposable incomes and awareness levels of consumers. Manufacturers like Taiyo Nippon Sanso Shenwei Medical Gas Co Ltd and Linde Group (BOC Gases) have realized the potential of these emerging countries and so have invested in them to strengthen their revenue generation streams.
Medical gases are gases that find indirect or direct applications in the healthcare industry and medical gas equipment are referred to the equipment utilized for the production of medical gases. Furthermore, medical gases are either directly administered to patients or are used in medical procedures mainly as coolants and sterilants. This report estimates the market for the global medical gases and equipment market in terms of revenue (USD million) for the period 2012 – 2018, keeping 2011 as the base year.
The global medical gases and equipment market is segmented into two major sub types namely market by products and market by geography. The global medical gases market is sub segmented into medical pure gases and medical gas mixtures.
The global medical pure gases market is further sub-segmented into six types, namely medical air, carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen, nitrous oxide and helium. Furthermore, the global medical gas mixtures market is sub segmented into 10 types, namely: carbon dioxide – oxygen mixtures, oxygen-nitrous oxide mixtures, ethylene oxide, oxyfume 2000, helium oxygen mixtures, aerobic mixtures, anaerobic mixtures, blood gas mixtures, laser gas mixtures, lung mixtures.
The global medical gases equipment market is sub segmented into 10 sub types namely manifolds, outlets, hose assemblies and accessories, alarm systems, cylinders and accessories, flow-meters, regulators, medical air compressors, vacuum systems and masks.
The medical gases and equipment market is also segmented on the basis of geography into North America, Europe, Asia and rest of the world (RoW) regions and the market in terms of USD million in provided in this report for the medical gases and medical equipment segments.
This report includes the market shares of key players in 2011. Moreover, the company profiles for some of the key players namely Matheson Tri-Gas Inc., Linde Gas, Air Liquide, Air Products and Chemicals Inc., Praxair Inc., Air Gas Inc., BeaconMedaes LLC and Medical Gas Solutions in terms of company overview, financial overview, business strategies, recent developments and product portfolio.
The global medical gases and equipment market is segmented into the following categories:
Medical Gases and Equipment Market by Products
Medical pure gases
- Nitrous oxide
- Carbon dioxide
Medical gas mixtures
- Carbon Dioxide – Oxygen Mixtures
- Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen Mixtures
- Ethylene Oxide
- Helium Oxygen Mixtures
- Aerobic Mixtures
- Anaerobic Mixtures
- Blood Gas Mixtures
- Laser Gas Mixtures
- Lung Mixtures
- Hose Assemblies and Accessories
- Alarm Systems
- Cylinders and Accessories
- Medical Air Compressors
- Vacuum Systems
Medical Gases and Equipment Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of the world (RoW)