Medical Footwear Market: Introduction
- Medical footwear is designed and manufactured as therapeutic footwear and helps to deal with foot-related issues such as arthritis, bunions & hallux valgus, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis. Some footwear are also designed for people having diabetes and flat feet. Medical footwear ensures proper blood circulation and better support for the feet. The growing health concerns due to increasing foot related problems has fueled the usage of medical footwear among consumers. Various advantages of medical footwear over regular footwear is expected to eventually boost the medical footwear market. Increasing physical fitness activities (walking, jogging, cycling, climbing, etc.) has spurred the demand for medical footwear due to health-related concerns. Hence, the medical footwear industry is expected to have an increasing growth rate graph during the forecasted years.
Growing Awareness about Foot-related Concerns to Drive the Global Medical Footwear Market
- Improper wearing of footwear and socks in diabetic patients leads to over 21% to 33% incidence of diabetic foot ulcers. The International Clinical Guidelines for Diabetic Foot clearly states that proper footwear can reduce abnormal plantar pressure, reduce the occurrence of corpus callosum and ulcers, and prevent foot injuries. Researchers have designed and produced special footwear meant for different health-related problems with the development of science and technology. Increasing foot care awareness among people related to limiting the movement of the joints, strengthening the stability of the feet, and reducing pain has increased the usage of medical footwear, which is positively impacting the medical footwear market across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
High Cost of Medical Footwear to Hamper the Growth of the Market Globally
- Medical footwear is costlier than regular footwear. Poorly chosen and incorrectly fitting footwear can negatively impact health and contributes heavily to foot discomfort. The availability of low cost footwear can create hurdles for the growth of the medical footwear market. Awareness about medical footwear in emerging economies is slower and people tend to use regular footwear in these regions. However, innovative product designs and promotional & advertising activities of medical footwear can create better opportunities in the upcoming years.
North America to Lead the Global Medical Footwear Market
- In terms of region, the global medical footwear market can be divided into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- Europe includes the country-level analysis for the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. North America medical footwear market country-level analysis includes Canada, the U.S., and Rest of North America. The South America medical footwear market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America. Analysis and forecast of the medical footwear market in Asia Pacific features India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa covers the market analysis for GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa.
- The market in North America is likely to witness maximum demand for medical footwear from 2021 to 2030 due to rising disposable incomes and growing diabetic and orthopedic patients in the region.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Medical Footwear Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The key manufacturers operating in the global medical footwear market are as follows:
- DARCO International, Inc.
- DJO, LLC(Dr.Comfort)
- Gravity Defyer Corp
- Drew Shoe
- Horng Shin Footwear Co.
- Aetrex Worldwide, Inc.
- Dr. Foot Inc.
- Podartis srl
- Dr. Zen, Inc.
- Duna srl
Global Medical Footwear Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Footwear Market, by Footwear Type
- Shoes & Boots
- Others (Slippers, Flip-flops, Insoles, etc.)
Global Medical Footwear Market, by Application
- Diabetic Shoes
- Arthritis Shoes
- Bunions & Hallux Valgus Shoes
- Flat Feet Shoes
- Others (Plantar Fasciitis Shoes, Achilles Tendonitis Shoes, etc.)
Global Medical Footwear Market, by Price Range
- Less than US$ 50
- US$ 50 – US$ 100
- More than US$ 100
Global Medical Footwear Market, by End-user
Global Medical Footwear Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company-owned Websites
- Large Format Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Others (Footwear Retail Stores, Medical and Healthcare Centers, etc.)
Global Medical Footwear Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.