Medical Devices Cuffs: Introduction
- The medical devices cuff is a replacement cuff that can be used in combination with a blood pressure monitor that is not invasive. It jointly assess blood pressure and pulse rhythm. An incorporated antimicrobial is utilized in this special cuff. A blood pressure cuff comprises an inflatable bladder in an elastic sleeve (cuff). The cuff is used to determine the blood pressure of a subject.
- The device comprises a textile material usually draped around an inflatable bladder. The cuff of the medical system wraps around the arm or wrist of the subject, and the bladder is inflated. A rise in adoption of sedentary lifestyle, worldwide, is a key factor driving the demand for medical devices cuffs. Major causes of elevated blood pressure and cardiovascular disorders (CVDs) are poor lifestyle choices, such as alcohol abuse and smoking. CVDs due to the acceptance of unhealthy habits are the leading cause of mortality and morbidity. For instance, according to a study by the American Heart Association released in 2018, around 92.1 million people in the U.S. were living with a form of CVD. In contrast to cancer and other chronic illnesses, CVD is the country's most common cause of mortality. Cuffed blood pressure management products help stabilize and reduce certain issues and hence, a proliferation of risky lifestyle patterns is likely to fuel the demand for cuffs for medical devices.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market
- Increased acceptance of home care facilities to fuel demand for medical devices cuff.
- Key benefits of home care programs are long-term care, extensive aid services, and cost-effectiveness. Additionally, patients receiving home treatment need cuffed blood pressure control systems that monitor patients’ blood pressure periodically. Furthermore, the emergence of numerous organizations worldwide providing home care facilities is expected to boost the demand for cuffs for medical equipment.
- Rise in the number of cases of respiratory diseases worldwide is also a key factor driving the demand for medical device cuffs. Increasing levels of pollution in the air and the release of harmful gases causing lung diseases, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), are major factors fueling the number of patients suffering from respiratory disorders.
Hydrogen Peroxide Medical Devices Cuffs Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of products, the global medical devices cuffs market can be classified into blood pressure cuffs, cuffed endotracheal tube, tracheostomy tube, and others
- The blood pressure cuffs segment led the medical device cuff industry and accounted for a prominent share of the market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. This is attributed to the growing use of home care facilities and increasing cases of elevated blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. For instance, Coronary Heart Diseases (CHD) accounts for the largest number of casualties per year in the U.K., according to the journal released by the World Atlas in 2018.
- Based on end-user, the global medical devices cuffs market can be split into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
North America to Dominate Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market
- In terms of region, the global medical devices cuffs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant share of the medical devices cuffs market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. Several favorable reimbursement schemes, the launch of technologically innovative technologies, and the involvement of several major players in the market is expected to drive the demand for medical device cuffs in North America. Moreover, this area is regulated by regulatory bodies, which have medical device reimbursement rules.
- Demand for medical device cuffs in Asia Pacific is expected to rise significantly during the forecast period. Rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases is primarily driving the market. Moreover, the market in developing countries such as South Korea, and India is also estimated expand at a considerable growth rate during the forecast period.
Leading Players Operating in Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market
The global medical devices cuffs market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global medical devices cuffs market are:
- Smith’s Medical
- Teleflex Incorporated
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Cook Medical
- Fuji Systems
Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market, by Product
- Blood Pressure Cuffs
- Cuffed Endotracheal Tube
- Tracheostomy Tube
Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.