Medical Devices Cuffs: Introduction
- The medical devices cuff is a replacement cuff that can be used in combination with a blood pressure monitor that is not invasive. It jointly assess blood pressure and pulse rhythm. An incorporated antimicrobial is utilized in this special cuff. A blood pressure cuff comprises an inflatable bladder in an elastic sleeve (cuff). The cuff is used to determine the blood pressure of a subject.
- The device comprises a textile material usually draped around an inflatable bladder. The cuff of the medical system wraps around the arm or wrist of the subject, and the bladder is inflated. A rise in adoption of sedentary lifestyle, worldwide, is a key factor driving the demand for medical devices cuffs. Major causes of elevated blood pressure and cardiovascular disorders (CVDs) are poor lifestyle choices, such as alcohol abuse and smoking. CVDs due to the acceptance of unhealthy habits are the leading cause of mortality and morbidity. For instance, according to a study by the American Heart Association released in 2018, around 92.1 million people in the U.S. were living with a form of CVD. In contrast to cancer and other chronic illnesses, CVD is the country's most common cause of mortality. Cuffed blood pressure management products help stabilize and reduce certain issues and hence, a proliferation of risky lifestyle patterns is likely to fuel the demand for cuffs for medical devices.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market
- Increased acceptance of home care facilities to fuel demand for medical devices cuff.
- Key benefits of home care programs are long-term care, extensive aid services, and cost-effectiveness. Additionally, patients receiving home treatment need cuffed blood pressure control systems that monitor patients’ blood pressure periodically. Furthermore, the emergence of numerous organizations worldwide providing home care facilities is expected to boost the demand for cuffs for medical equipment.
- Rise in the number of cases of respiratory diseases worldwide is also a key factor driving the demand for medical device cuffs. Increasing levels of pollution in the air and the release of harmful gases causing lung diseases, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), are major factors fueling the number of patients suffering from respiratory disorders.
Hydrogen Peroxide Medical Devices Cuffs Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of products, the global medical devices cuffs market can be classified into blood pressure cuffs, cuffed endotracheal tube, tracheostomy tube, and others
- The blood pressure cuffs segment led the medical device cuff industry and accounted for a prominent share of the market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. This is attributed to the growing use of home care facilities and increasing cases of elevated blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. For instance, Coronary Heart Diseases (CHD) accounts for the largest number of casualties per year in the U.K., according to the journal released by the World Atlas in 2018.
- Based on end-user, the global medical devices cuffs market can be split into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
North America to Dominate Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market
- In terms of region, the global medical devices cuffs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant share of the medical devices cuffs market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. Several favorable reimbursement schemes, the launch of technologically innovative technologies, and the involvement of several major players in the market is expected to drive the demand for medical device cuffs in North America. Moreover, this area is regulated by regulatory bodies, which have medical device reimbursement rules.
- Demand for medical device cuffs in Asia Pacific is expected to rise significantly during the forecast period. Rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases is primarily driving the market. Moreover, the market in developing countries such as South Korea, and India is also estimated expand at a considerable growth rate during the forecast period.
Leading Players Operating in Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market
The global medical devices cuffs market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global medical devices cuffs market are:
- Smith’s Medical
- Teleflex Incorporated
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Cook Medical
- Fuji Systems
Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market, by Product
- Blood Pressure Cuffs
- Cuffed Endotracheal Tube
- Tracheostomy Tube
Global Medical Devices Cuffs Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.