Medical Commode Market: Introduction
- The medical commode is a portable toilet chair that can be used by the geriatric population, physically challenged, bedridden, disabled, and patients who have recently undergone surgical procedures. These toilets can be placed at the patient’s bedside whose activity is restricted. Moreover, these portable toilets can be used by patients or people when it is difficult to travel to the toilet or those who require support over the toilet. These are mostly designed to be cleaned easily, as they contain waste containers that can be removed and emptied post usage.
- Medical commodes are available with and without wheels. These are mostly designed for enhancing patient usability, patient comfort, and experience. Medical commodes are available in different styles, colors, and model types. A few examples of the model types include bedside commodes, bariatric commodes, rolling commodes, folding commodes, and others. Medical commodes offer numerous benefits such as portability, increased functionality, and ease of use.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Medical Commode Market
- Surge in the physically challenged population globally is anticipated to boost the adoption of medical commodes. Medical commodes are designed to be used by physically challenged people or patients for easy shifting and moving them from one location to another with the help of the attendee or using self-propelling commodes. According to World Bank, 15% of the world’s population is reported to experience some form of disability. Furthermore, there is a high prevalence of disability in developing economies. As per the report, one-fifth of the estimated global total, i.e. between 110 million and 190 million people, are experiencing significant disabilities. Rise in number of physically challenged population is estimated to propel the demand for medical commodes.
- Rise in geriatric population and a surge in the presence of senior assisted living facilities and rehabilitation centers for taking proper care of geriatric patients are projected to augment the demand for medical commodes in the next few years. Moreover, growing presence of online sales is anticipated to offer lucrative significant opportunities for the market.
- A surge in the number of obese/overweight adults opting for bariatric surgeries is also likely to boost the demand for medical commodes. However, the cost associated with these medical commodes is high as compared to that of general toilet seats. This factor is estimated to hamper the medical commode market during the forecast period.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has impacted the global economy as well as human life to a vast extent. Consequently, disabled persons have also been uniquely impacted. Persons with disabilities have additional underlying health needs, making them particularly vulnerable to severe coronavirus symptoms. The outbreak has also led to a shortage of staff and support staff in hospitals and rehabilitation centers. Manufacturing and export of medical commodes declined due to the coronavirus outbreak. Factories/manufacturing plants were shut down in order to curb the spread of the virus. This has impacted the production of medical commodes on a global scale.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Medical Commode Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global medical commode market owing to a surge in the number of bariatric surgeries opted by the population of this region. Furthermore, the presence of a large obese population in North America requires medical commodes, which in turn is boosting the demand in the region.
- The medical commodes market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This expansion is attributed to a surge in the geriatric population, rising technological advancements coupled with increasing disposable income levels.
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Commode Market
The global medical commode market is highly concentrated, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions.
Major players operating in the global medical commode market are listed below:
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc.
- Drive Medical
- Invacare Corporation
- NOVA Medical Products
- Cascade Healthcare Solutions
- MEYRA GmbH
- Avacare medical
Global Medical Commode Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Commode Market, by Product Type
- Bedside Commode
- Bariatric Commode
- Drop Arm Commode
- Padded Commode
- Folding Commode
- Rolling Commode
Global Medical Commode Market, by Material
Global Medical Commode Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Home Care
Global Medical Commode Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.