Medical Beds & Chairs: Introduction
- Medical beds and chairs are designed to provide quality and comfort of sleep to patients, who are admitted to hospitals. These medical equipment provide flexibility and relaxation to patients.
- Medical chairs are primary medical equipment for moving of patients. Medical chairs are easy-to-use and offer safe transfer of patients. These are specially designed chairs for senior citizens, disabled persons, and persons with other special conditions for mobility and security.
Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market: Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in geriatric population, rise in chronic diseases, and rapid technological innovations are the major factors projected to drive the global medical beds & chairs market in the next few years. For example, the world’s population is aging rapidly, especially in some of the developed countries, such as the U.S. and Japan. Developed economies exhibit high rates of aging. According to the World Health Organization, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050, as against 900 million in 2015. Countries such as India, China, Thailand, and South Korea are expected to have a large geriatric population in the shortest span of time in the near future.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Medical Beds & Chairs Market Report
- According to research findings by the International Agency for Research on cancer, presently, over 16 million people suffer from cancer across the world. This number is anticipated to increase to 25 million by 2035. Moreover, nearly 24.8 million new cancer cases are likely to be detected by 2030. This will increase the demand for medical beds and chairs in the next few years.
- Increase in number of patients admitted to hospitals and clinics and rise in demand for multi-functional and affordable medical equipment are the other factors fueling the growth of the global medical beds & chairs market. However, lack of trained medical professionals to handle critical patients and cost of hospitalization are factors projected to hamper the growth of the global medical beds & chairs market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market
- North America dominated the global medical bed & chairs market in 2019, followed by Europe. Rise in prevalence of diseases, increase in health care expenditure, technological advancements, and well-developed health care infrastructure are attributed to the dominance of these regions.
- The medical beds & chairs market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years. This is due to increase in the number of accidents, developing health care infrastructure, rise in disposable income, and surge in the geriatric population in the region. Developing countries such as the Philippines, Singapore, India, and China are anticipated to propel the medical beds & chairs market in Asia. Moreover, advancements in technology and manufacturing processes in developing countries are creating new opportunities for companies in the global medical beds & chairs market. Increase in the number of mergers & acquisitions, rise in the number of collaborations & partnerships, and new product launches are some of the latest trends in the global medical beds & chairs market.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Medical Beds & Chairs Market” here
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market
The global medical beds & chairs market is saturated, with key manufacturers adopting various strategies to gain market share.
Leading players in the global medical beds & chairs market are:
- Stryker Corporation
- Graham Field Health Products, Inc.
- Hill-Rom, Inc.
- Sunrise Medical
- NOA Medical Industries, Inc.
- M.C. Healthcare Products, Inc.
- HARD Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Columbia Medical
- Invacare Corporation
Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market, by Type of Care
- Bariatric Care
- Fall Prevention
- Critical Care
- Wound Care
Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market, by Type of Medical Bed
- Curative Care Beds
- Psychiatric Care Beds
- Long-term Care Beds
Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market, by Type of Chair
- Surgical Chairs
- Dental Chairs
- MRI Chairs
Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market, by End-user
- Nursing Homes
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Medical Beds & Chairs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.