Mechanical Control Cables: Introduction
- Mechanical control cables are the cables that provide a push-pull or other action to activate components mechanically. They consist of a mechanical cable with attached eyes, forks, studs, handles, and other fittings. Depending on the type of motion employed, mechanical control cables are often referred to as push-pull control cables or pull-pull mechanical control cables.
- Mechanical control cables are available for push-pull or pull-pull applications. With push-pull mechanical control cables, compression pushes motion in one direction while tension pulls it in the other direction. Mechanical control cables that use a push-pull action can be used as replacements in hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical control systems.
- With pull-pull mechanical control cables, tension applies motion in one direction while spring-actuation returns the control back to its starting point.
Rise in Aircraft and Robots Manufacturing
- A gradual increase in the manufacturing of military and defense aircrafts is likely to propel the market for mechanical control cables as these cables are used for aircraft equipment connections
- The electronics industry is becoming one of the largest segments of the robotics industry globally. According to the most recent RIA statistics on global robot shipments, the number of robots shipped to the electronics industry grew 22% in 2018.
- Since these major machineries require mechanical control cables for different connections, the robotics market is expected to indirectly impact this market and also augment the market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Mechanical Control Cables Market, Request for a Sample
Compatibility of Cables for Military and Defense Equipment Manufacturing: A Driver
- Increasing demand for military land vehicles and for military vessels are key drivers propelling the mechanical control cables market at a rapid rate.
- These cables are used by different military and defense equipment manufacturers for modernization and maintenance activities, as they are compatible with various military and defense applications and fulfill the various specifications as well.
Some mechanical control cable regulations are expected to meet the following military specifications: MIL-DTL 83420L, 87161F, 18375H, 87218D, and 83140A among others. Other specifications for mechanical control cables are private specifications such as Boeing material specification (BMS) 7-265, and Douglas material specifications (DMS) 2187 and 2192. Mechanical control cables are designed to meet many more specifications. Some of the specifications to be taken care of while selecting the mechanical control cables are thickness, length, and maximum push-pull loads to beresisted by these cables.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the global mechanical control cables market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to lead the mechanical control cables market due to the presence of various cable manufacturers in China, Vietnam, India, and some other countries.
- North America is a major potential market for mechanical control cables for military and aerospace. North America can be considered a mature market because developments in this region are mostly focused on the advancement of existing infrastructure such as procurement of armored vehicles for the army and navy.
- Increase in new commercial aircraft deliveries in Asia Pacific and modernization and maintenance activities are expected to drive the commercial end-use segment. Rise in air travel is leading to an increase in the fleet size of commercial aircraft. This is expected to drive the mechanical control cables aftermarket.
- The mechanical control cables market in Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global mechanical control cables market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for mechanical control cables. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products and to gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global mechanical control cables market include:
- Crane Aerospace & Electronics
- Triumph Group
- Elliott Manufacturing
- Orscheln Products
- Glassmaster Controls Company, Inc.
- Loos & Co. Inc.
- Bergen Cable Technology, Inc.
- Cable Manufacturing & Assembly, Inc.
- Wescon Controls
- Tyler Madison, Inc.
- Escadean Ltd.
- Sila Group
- Cablecraft Motion Controls
- Ringspann GmbH
- Lexco Cable Mfg.
- Drallim Industries Limited
- Grand Rapids Controls, LLC.
- VPS Control Systems, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Mechanical Control Cables Market: Research Scope
Global Mechanical Control Cables Market, by Type
Global Mechanical Control Cables Market, by Platform
- Business & General Aviation
- Military Aviation
- Main Battle Tanks
- Armored Fighting Vehicles
- Light Tactical Vehicles
- Marine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles
- Amphibious Armored Vehicles
- Aircraft Carriers
- Amphibious Ships
- Offshore Patrol vessels
Global Mechanical Control Cables Market, by Material
- Wire Material
- Jacket Material
Global Mechanical Control Cables Market, by End-use
- Non-aero Military
Global Mechanical Control Cables Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.