Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market: Introduction
- Mechanical circulatory support includes a range of therapies and devices which aid in rescuing patients from the life-threatening cardiogenic shock. Cardiogenic shock can be defined as the condition of sustained hypotension, low cardiac output, and high central filling pressures.
- Cardiogenic shock is the major complication of acute myocardial infarction as it leads to high mortality rate, attributed to the ischemic damage to the heart
- Mechanical circulatory support devices are mainly needed for patients with advanced heart or pulmonary failure. They aid in treatment of a range of diseases, including cardiac sarcoidosis, cardiomyopathy, endocarditis, heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and congenital heart disease.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market
- Increase in incidence of heart failure, accounting for over 500,000 new patients annually in the U.S., contributes to the growth of the mechanical circulatory support devices market. In addition, the increasing rate of heart failure has been contributing to the increasing hospitalization, driving the burden of health care expenditure globally.
- Increase in incidence of cardiovascular diseases, contributes in driving the market for mechanical circulatory support devices. According to the WHO, cardiovascular diseases are the major cause of mortality annually at the global level.
- Technological advances in ventricular assist devices (VAD), including continuous flow technology, have aided in improving implantability and efficiency; providing extended support; and improving the overall patient experience aid in creating demand for these devices, thereby contributing to the growth of the mechanical circulatory support devices market.
- Percutaneous circulatory support devices aid in improving native cardiac output, reducing the ventricular volume and filling pressures, augmenting coronary perfusion, and maintaining vital organ perfusion. Advantages of mechanical circulatory support devices contribute to the growth of the market.
- However, complications associated with the technologically advanced devices such as continuous-flow mechanical circulatory support devices, including blood trauma from supraphysiologic shear stress causing von Willebrand syndrome, device thrombosis, and gastrointestinal angiodysplasia and bleeding in patients are likely to have a negative impact on the growth of the mechanical circulatory support devices market.
North America to Lead Global Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global mechanical circulatory support devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global mechanical circulatory support devices market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players; high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases due to lifestyle disorders; focus on research & development leading to the launch of technologically advanced products; and well-established health care infrastructure
- Europe was the second largest market for mechanical circulatory support devices in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for mechanical circulatory support devices, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of governments in countries in Asia on enhancing health care facilities, increasing focus of market players on leveraging the growth opportunities offered by the emerging markets, government initiatives, and increased awareness about cardiac safety are the factors driving the mechanical circulatory support devices market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market
Leading players in the global mechanical circulatory support devices market are:
- Medtronic plc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Evaheart, Inc.
- Abiomed, Inc.
- Procyrion, Inc.
- NuPulseCV, Inc.
- Windmill Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.
- SynCardia Systems, LLC
- BiVACOR, Inc.
Global Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market, by Product
- Ventricular Assist Devices
- Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Right Ventricular Assist Device
- Biventricular Assist Device
- Artificial Heart
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pump
Global Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Cardiology Centers
Global Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.