Mattress Topper Market
Mattress Topper Market (Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Feather, Wool, and Others; Size: Twin or Single Size, Twin XL Size, Full or Double Size, Queen Size, King Size Mattress, and Other; Price Range: Low, Medium, and High; End User: Residential and Commercial; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Consumer Goods & Services
- 178 Pages
Students Controlling Personal Living Space in Universities Benefits Sales amid COVID-19 Outbreak
The surreal complexities of the COVID-19 outbreak have had disorienting effects on the entire world, leaving individuals to navigate through uncharted waters. This has compelled individuals to be more mindful about their health and wellness. Manufacturers in the mattress topper market are capitalizing on this opportunity to increase the availability of mattress toppers in university campuses since an increasing number of colleges are reopening in 2021.
Sleep specialists are creating awareness about the importance of sound sleep to maintain optimum immunity and combat the coronavirus infection. BedInABox® - a provider of affordable luxury bedding for budget-conscious people are gaining popularity for tying-up with colleges and universities, since students are focusing on controlling their own personal living space. These factors are likely to drive the mattress topper market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Mattress Topper Market
Mattress Toppers V/S Mattress Pads: Which is Better?
Both mattress topper and mattress pads offer some degree of protection to the original mattress. However, pros and cons of both are influencing consumer buying trends, thus affecting business in the mattress topper market. For instance, mattress pads are not as effective for protection from wear, whereas the thickness of mattress toppers allows superior protection. However, special materials in mattress pads help to prevent spills from soaking through, whereas mattress toppers are not resistant to spills or stains.
Mattress pads offer increased softness whereas manufacturers are increasing efforts to help consumers alter the softness and firmness of mattress toppers. Early Bird by Amerisleep - a provider of comprehensive mattress solutions is offering top-rated mattresses with proven sleep-boosting materials.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High-density Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Help Relieve Back Pain
The mattress topper market is expected to advance at a healthy CAGR of ~7% during the assessment period. This is evident since manufacturers are boosting their production capacities for memory foam, latex, wool, and featherbed mattress toppers. Tempur-Pedic’s memory foam mattress topper is gaining popularity for easing back pain and quickly absorbing body heat. Manufacturers in the mattress topper market are introducing removable and washable covers in bedding solutions to help consumers in domestic and commercial sectors maintain hygiene and clean sleeping environments.
Online reviews on bedding solutions are influencing sales for mattress topper companies. High-density mattress toppers are infused with graphite to help keep sleepers cool and relieve back pain.
Gel-infused Memory Foams, Featherbed Mattress Toppers Create Sales Opportunities
Sleeping hot is one of the major complaints associated with memory foam mattresses. Hence, companies in the mattress topper market are innovating in gel-infused memory foams. The DreamFoam Bedding Gel Swirl Memory Foam Mattress Topper is being highly publicized to prevent body heat from building up in the memory foam. Manufacturers are aiming to achieve the CertiPUR-US certification for their bedding solutions to eliminate harmful chemicals such as heavy metals, ozone depleters, and lead from bedding solutions.
The U.S. mattress topper market is expected to surpass the revenue of US$ 1.6 Bn by 2031. Manufacturers are increasing their focus in thickly stuffed featherbed mattress toppers made from 100 percent cotton and additional covers to protect it from body oils, moisture, and allergens.
Wool, Luxury Mattress Toppers Cater to Niche Consumer Requirements
Innovations in wool mattress toppers and luxury mattress toppers are translating into value-grab opportunities for suppliers in the global mattress topper market. Natural fleece is being used to develop cozy, plush, and soft memory foams for sleepers who prefer sleeping hot. A wool topper mattress is found to provide more support than a featherbed mattress topper and comparatively less support than memory foam mattress topper. Overstock’s Lambswool Mattress Topper is being highly publicized for its cozy wool atop a polyester backing.
On the other hand, Sleep Innovations’ Dual Layer Mattress Topper Set offers heavenly support for the sleeper’s spine, joint, and upper body with the help of two-inch fiberfill in mattresses.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Mattress Topper Market
Mattress protectors and covers are being highly publicized to wash away coronavirus pathogens, allergens, and other contamination from mattress surfaces to prevent the spread of the novel infection. Manufacturers in the mattress topper market are providing gel-infused memory foam toppers that help to keep the foam from holding onto body heat and offer excellent body support with a sinking in sensation. However, several online reviews have described buyers receiving counterfeit dupes after ordering from popular eCommerce websites. Hence, companies in the mattress topper market should increase awareness that consumers must prefer buying from the official website of mattress companies to avoid counterfeit products. Luxury beddings are fluffy fiberfill toppers that gaining popularity for providing cloud-like softness to sleepers.
Mattress Topper Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global mattress topper market for the historical period 2017–2019 and the forecast period 2021–2031, rising demand from the home décor industry is expected to boost the global mattress topper market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global mattress topper market is estimated to exceed the value of US$ 1.7 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period
Usage of Mattress Toppers in Various End-use Sectors: Key Driver of Market
- Commercial places such as hotels, lounges, and guesthouses often buy mattress toppers to create a luxurious look for customers. The mattress toppers act as a soft cushion to consumers spending time in hotels, guesthouses, etc. Hotels and guesthouses want to provide a luxurious stay to customers and look for a variety of smart-looking mattress toppers in various colors, in velvet and versatile fabric options to decorate hotel lounges, bedrooms, etc. These factors are driving the demand for mattress toppers.
- Mattress toppers are also used in hospitals for furnishing in order to treat patients safely and provide them with comfortable top-beds. Mattress toppers, which are designed beautifully using simple lines and soft upholstery, add elegance to bedrooms, and they are being purchased to furnish homes and make homes more attractive and visually appealing. Mattress toppers complement beds as well as increase the longevity of the mattress used. Mattress toppers prevent the need to constantly replace mattresses every few years and are aesthetically pleasing, protecting the mattresses beneath.
Increase in Demand from Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific region is the largest market at the global level for mattress toppers. North America was the second largest mattress topper market in the global mattress industry in 2019. Product innovations by manufacturers using newer features in mattress toppers are expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- The U.S. is the most lucrative region in North America, owing to a healthy economy and improvement in the labor segment. This has led to a strong housing sector. The housing market, in turn, has supported healthy sales of mattress toppers in recent years.
Mattress Topper Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of mattress toppers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global mattress topper market are
- Tempur Sealy International, Inc.
- Sleep Number
- Tuft & Needle
- Saatva, Inc.
- Parachute Home
- Therapedic International
- The Company Store
- Avocado Mattress, LLC.
- Lucid Mattress
Mattress Topper Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of mattress toppers such as Tempur Sealy International, Inc., Sleep Number, and Tuft & Needle are focusing on product development to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global mattress topper market are highlighted below:
- In February 2021, Tempur Sealy International introduced an all-new, expanded mattress portfolio with new features including enhanced support and durability, ultra-responsive coils and memory foams, and innovations such as breathability, and cool-to-the-touch covers to keep consumers cool throughout the night. This new launch has given the company a new platform to increase sales by focusing on product development.
- In February 2020, Tempur Sealy International acquired 80% stake of Sherwood Bedding, a U.S. company operating in private label brands of mattresses. Tempur Sealy International strengthened its business product portfolio under private label or in-house brands comprising Sherwood Bedding's non-branded private label products.
- In 2020, Sleep Number collaborated with Mayo Clinic, which emphasizes on science, and research & development on products according to the sleeping patterns of individuals. This initiative was taken by the company to develop smart beds, which provide quality sleep to people after understanding the problems behind sleepless nights and associated diseases. The investment was made in research & development to include advance sleep science in the products, which will provide better solutions to business problems.
- In 2020, Tuft & Needle opened its first store in Austin, Texas on South Congress Avenue. The company showcased its product range and enabled consumers to have modern experiences by selling mattresses offline. In-store shoppers can buy mattresses, mattress toppers and protectors, sheet sets made from Supima cotton, and buy duvets and duvet covers too made from high quality materials in Austin.
- In 2017, Sleep Number launched a new product line, the 360 Smart Bed, which captures more than 10 billion biometric data points of consumers. This product improved the sleeping patterns of consumers in the U.S., understanding the sleeping postures and pain points.
Mattress Topper Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global mattress topper market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global mattress topper market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global mattress topper market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global mattress topper market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global mattress topper market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global mattress topper market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global mattress topper market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Mattress Topper Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the mattress topper market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global mattress topper market between 2017 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and current trends in technologies of the global mattress topper market?
- What is the revenue of the global mattress topper market based on segments?
- Which key strategies are used by top players of the global mattress topper market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global mattress topper market?
Research Methodology – Mattress Topper Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global mattress topper market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions. Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global mattress topper market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the mattress topper market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from mattress topper industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global mattress topper market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global mattress topper market more reliable and accurate.
Mattress Topper Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global mattress topper market includes information categorized into six sections - type, size, price range, end user, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the mattress topper market are discussed in detail.