Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market: Important Proteomic Technology in Biomarker Discovery
- Protein biomarkers are indicators which are responsible for diagnosis and treatment of different diseases, mainly, cancer. These proteins may leak from tumors to body fluids and lead to early diagnosis.
- These protein biomarkers are used in diagnostic purpose as well as several research studies such as drug discovery and potential treatment option for cancer
- Protein biomarkers need to be discovered for these cancer diagnosis, research, and treatment purposes. This biomarker discovery stage is followed by verification and validation steps in biomarker pipeline.
- In discovery and verification stages, both mass spectrometry and combination of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry can be used. Mass spectrometry has greater importance in biomarker pipeline and biomarker studies.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market
- Rise in prevalence of cancer across the world and increase in demand for protein biomarker in different disease diagnosis and treatment are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market
- For instance, according to the WHO, cancer was responsible for an estimated 9.6 million deaths and was the second major cause of death globally in 2018. It is estimated that around 1 in 6 deaths occur due to cancer at global level.
- Advancement of mass spectrometry instruments coupled with software is also one of the major factors attributed for the growth of global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market
- Different strategic collaborations, mergers & acquisitions among major companies and research institutes for research purpose is also propelling the global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market
Higher Cost of Research Activities to Hamper Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market
- It takes very high cost or expenditure for research activities of biomarker in cancer and other related studies. Hence, lack of pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies’ capability for biomarker research due to cost factor may hinder the growth of global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market.
- Lower reproducible results associated with protein assays are also a problem as these assays exhibit less reproducibility due to day-to-day variability because of multiple steps in bottom-up proteomic process.
Mass Spectrometers to be Dominant segment
- Based on product type, the global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market can be segmented into mass spectrometers, accessories, and software
- Mass spectrometers dominated the global market, owing to increase in demand of instrument in proteomics and growing application in cancer research
- The mass spectrometer segment is further sub-segmented into MALDI-TOF MS, Triple Quadrupole MS, Quadrupole-Trap MS, Hybrid Linear Trap Orbitrap MS, and Quadrupole-Orbitrap MS
- Triple Quadrupole MS is expected to be a highly lucrative sub-segment during the forecast period, owing to its features which are relatively simple and easy-to-use with good reproducibility to offer various applications at a low cost
Research & Development Application Segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of application, the global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market can be divided into diagnostics, research & development, therapeutics, and others
- The diagnostic segment is anticipated to dominate the mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market during the forecast period. Rise in number of cancer cases across the world and increase in trend for early disease detection by advanced diagnostic procedures are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of this segment.
- The research & development segment is projected to be a lucrative segment of the global market, owing to increase in number of research activities and search of new drugs for different conditions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market Report
Life Sciences Companies Segment to be More Promising
- Based on end-user, the global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market can be segmented into diagnostic centers, life sciences companies, and academic & research institutes
- The life sciences companies segment is anticipated to be a more promising segment in the next few years due to growth in research activities and rise in search for drug discovery and new molecules by these companies
North America to Lead Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market
- In terms of region, the global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market in 2018, owing to higher prevalence of cancer, higher demand of biomarkers for disease diagnosis, presence of major players engaged in mergers & acquisitions, collaboration with CROs for biomarkers, and rise in investment for R&D by companies
- For instance, in August 2017, BioIVT acquired Asterand Bioscience which was focused on drug research by biomarker validation and target identification
- The mass spectrometry in protein biomarker market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow with a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to large patient pool of cancer, increase in research activities, and improving health care infrastructure in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Bruker Corporation
- Advion, Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- LECO Corporation
- DH Tech. Dev. Pte. Ltd.
Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market: Research Scope
Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market, by Product Type
- Mass Spectrometer
- MALDI-TOF MS
- Triple Quadrupole MS
- Quadrupole-Trap MS
- Hybrid Linear Trap Orbitrap MS
- Quadrupole-Orbitrap MS
Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market, by Application
- Research & Development
Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Life Sciences Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Mass Spectrometry in Protein Biomarker Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.