Antenna is a device that is used to transform radio-frequency (RF) signal, travelling on a conductor into electromagnetic wave in free space. It is one of the important components used for communication systems. Maritime antennas are deployed on vessels and are accountable for many applications including shore to vessel communications, vessel tracking, broadband connectivity, and vessel to vessel communication and entertainment purposes. Maritime antennas fulfills customers demand for connectivity, and utilization of devices for applications such as video, audio and communication requirements. The antennas for maritime are particularly designed to be used in extreme environment and are unaffected to ship vibrations and extreme wind loads.
The factors favoring the growth of maritime antennas are cumulative emphasis towards crew prosperity and demand for broadband connectivity in vessels for entertainment and other communication purposes. There had been different types of antennas that have emerged with the increasing requirements of mariners. Some of the leading players are investing in research and development to provide new commercialized maritime antennas market, to provide seamless connectivity for wireless technology devices in the vessels. Furthermore, demand for maritime antenna is driven by connectivity and shift towards connected vessels. This demand for data connectivity is constantly increasing as capacities are being launched by satellite operators for maritime antennas markets.
The factors restraining the growth of the sector are instabilities in antenna construction. Furthermore, incompetence to withstand in harsh marine conditions and provision for continuous connectivity are expected to constrain maritime antennas market growth over the forecast period.
Challenges are numerous owing to the threats from hackers and pirates. Furthermore, satellite complexity and consistency required advancements in the field. It will be difficult to monitor certain aspects, as it will require considerable high investments and developments in the maritime antennas setups.
The maritime market is segmented by antenna type, frequency band, end-users and geography. On the basis of antenna type market is classified as cellular antennas, SSB, Wi-Fi, AM/FM, VHF, 4G, GPS and others. Further, the frequency band is segmented as VHF, MF, UHF, SHF and EHF band. On the basis of end-users, the market is classified into merchant, offshore, passenger, fishing and naval vessels. Furthermore, maritime market segmented based on geography includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and South America.
North America and South America regions are anticipated to dominate the global Maritime Antennas Market. Furthermore, Europe is anticipated to emerge as second leading region in maritime antennas market owing to high requirement of marine antenna for communication and VSAT systems.. Moreover, Asia Pacific region is expected to surge in the maritime antennas market backed by growth from countries including Japan, China and India, due to increasing use of various type of vessels and growth in merchant vessel shipments
Some of the key players in the maritime antennas market are ORBIT Communication Systems Ltd., Raymarine Marine Electronics, Comrod Communication AS, Intellian Technologies Inc., Paradigm Communication Systems Ltd., COBHAM plc., Immersat plc., KVH Industries Inc., KNS Inc., Immersat plc., AC Antenna and SATCOM Broadcast Limited
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.