Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market – Introduction
- Marine steering gear systems are crucial in the machinery of a submarine and ship, as it is useful to provide motion and thrust to giant ships.
- Beside it, marine steering gear is the equipment which works only when the ships is in motion.
- Marine steering gear systems are used in submarine or ship to turn the ship at the right side, which is known as turning to the starboard side and when it is turned to the left, it is known as turning to the port side, while in motion during sailing.
- Marine steering gear have some features such as reliability, durability, strength, and quality. Ram-type steering gear is provided in a hand-hydraulic form for smaller vessels, and electro- hydraulic and hydraulic form is provided for larger ships.
- Moreover, marine steering gear systems consists with number of components such as control alarm, electric starters, upper-rudder carrier bearing, monitoring systems, and electric rudder-angle indicator systems.
- Marine steering gear system are classified into three major parts that includes control unit, power unit and transmission to the rudder stock. Control unit is used to convey the desired rudder angle from the bridge to steering flat. Power unit is used to generate force with the immediate effect, so as to move the rudder to a certain angle. Beside it, transmission to the rudder stock means by which the movement of the rudder is accomplished.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market – Dynamics
Key Drivers of the Marine Steering Gear Systems Market
- Rising demand for marine steering gear systems which are efficient and can turn and steer a ship is expected to enhance the growth of the marine steering gear systems market.
- Rising adoption of marine steering gear systems due to their hydraulic power units, and control and alarm systems across offshore and naval applications in both developed and developing countries is one of the important factors driving the market.
- Growing use of marine steering gear systems for a ship with limited space, so as to reduce installation time and add less weight to the ship is expected to accelerate the growth of the marine steering gear systems market over the forecast period.
- Increasing adoption of marine steering gear systems for all kinds of naval vessels is expected to fuel the demand for these systems across the globe.
- Main components of marine steering gear systems such as control unit, telemotor, and power unit help to change the course and direction of submarines and ships when required. This is expected to boost the demand for marine steering gear systems worldwide.
North America to Hold Significant Share of the Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market
- North America is projected to hold significant share of the marine steering gear systems market due to the extensive sales of powered boats, mainly outboards, together with significant recreational boating activity across the region, which is expected to drive the demand for marine steering gear systems.
- Expansion of strong investments in Russia, France, and other European countries is projected to fuel the demand for marine steering gear systems across these regions.
- Increasing import of finished goods due to growing disposable income, and lowering of commodity price across the Asia Pacific region is expected to drive the marine steering gear systems market during the forecast period.
Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market – Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global marine steering gear systems market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%-40% of the market share. Key players operating in the global marine steering gear systems market include:
- Brusselle Carral Marine
- Data Hidrolik,
- Jastram Engineering Ltd.
- KATSA OY
- Mjr Corporations
- Nufoss Services Pte Ltd.
- Rolls-Royce plc
- Sandfirden Technics
- Wills Ridley Ltd
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market – Research Scope
The global marine steering gear systems market can be segmented based on:
- Steering System
- Power Source
Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market, by Steering System
- Rotary vane type system
- Ram type
- Single motor system
Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market, by Devices
- Hunting gear
- Buffer spring
- Angle adjusting stop (Hand over position limit switch)
- Double shock valve
- Relief valve
- Tank level alarm (oil)
- Over load alarm
Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market, by Power Source
Global Marine Steering Gear Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.