Marine Fender Market
Marine Fender Market (Fender: Rubber, Foam, Pneumatic, Timber, and Others; Component: Mounting Structure, Face Pads, and Others; Manufacturing Process: Molding, Extrusion, and Others; Ownership: Public and Private; and End Use: Dockyards and Ships - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Manufacturers Scaling-up to Deliver High-grade Marine Fenders
Pneumatic fenders are emerging as low-cost and low-maintenance alternatives to conventional marine fenders. Their self-floating and long-lasting durability is gaining prominence in ship-to-ship (STS) transfers and ship-to-berthing (STB) operations. As such, manufacturers in the marine fender market are striving to develop technologies that support its easy-to-deploy and efficacious energy-absorption attributes.
The global marine fender market is estimated to grow from ~US$ 670 million in 2018 to ~US$ 880 million by 2027. Due to the high demand for minimum test and inspection procedures, manufacturers in the marine fender market are innovating on pneumatic fenders that solve the challenging issue of crude oil transfer between vessels. To avoid oil spill accidents, manufacturers in the marine fender market are developing robust fenders that meet the newly-introduced global safety standards.
Newly-developed pneumatic fenders aid in the double/triple banking of large-project cargoes. The new trend of renting pneumatic fenders serves as a cost-efficient alternative for stakeholders in maritime transport, as these fenders are only deployed when required, unlike rubber fenders that are already installed.
To understand how our report can bring a difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
New Developments Provide Economic Advantages to Manufacturers
Many developments in the marine fender market are contributing towards market growth. For instance, the development of synthetic rubber and its blend with natural rubber facilitate a better ratio between high energy absorption and reaction force. Manufacturers in the marine fender market are innovating on the performance of new materials that are likely to influence energy absorption and subsequent berthing forces. Also, increased focus on sustainable aspects such as re-use and recycling of components has emerged as a cost-effective option for manufacturers.
Other developments in the marine fender market, such as metal-skinning energy absorbers, act as a backup system for marine fenders. These new absorbers are an effective alternative to conventional elastic fenders. Metal-skinning energy absorbers protect berthing structures and provide economic advantages to manufacturers by reducing unplanned downtime that were earlier caused by elastic marine fenders. Increased research and development is being done to implement metal skinning mechanisms according to the various sizes of vessels and according to the skinning depth of the systems.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Marine Fender Market?
Review Assessments and Patenting Technology Revive Market Growth
Marine fenders play an important role in maritime infrastructure to protect ships and berth structures from damage. However, industry experts opine that, there is a growing need for extensive review of newly-developed fenders according to the new materials and technologies available in the market. The competitive landscape of the marine fender market is moderately fragmented. However, the expected moderate CAGR of ~3% can be of great concern to existing and emerging market players in the landscape.
New marine fenders are not completely obsolete, but do need improvements, as the data used for the design of these fenders is relatively outdated. That is why, existing and emerging manufacturers should focus on gathering more information related to the durability and sustainability, and run routine lifecycle assessments. Another aspect that could be a reason for the moderate growth rate of the marine fender market could be the loss of confidence from dockyards and ports, as many unscrupulous suppliers provide inferior-quality fenders in the name of established manufacturers. As such, manufacturers are overcoming this challenge by filing patents for their technology and systems.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Marine Fender Market”
Players in the marine fender market can invest in high-revenue regions such as Asia Pacific and fast-growth regions such as Europe. Apart from only rubber fenders, manufacturers also need to upgrade the overall engineering of steel panels and fixing materials of the complete substructure. Manufacturers should pay close attention to the newly-introduced guidelines by world associations, and take into account the performance modification factors of fenders, to withstand manufacturing tolerances. However, the marine fender market faces a gap between the implementation of automated mooring system technology with relation to additional components such as facing panels, chains, and fixings. Thus, manufacturers should focus on developing advanced fender designs and devise improved testing methods.
Global Marine Fender Market: Key Insights
- The global marine fender market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~3% between 2019 and 2027, to reach a valuation of ~US$ 880 Mn by the year 2027.
- In terms of fender, the rubber fender segment holds a prominent share of the global marine fender market, and is likely to gain share, owing to the high life expectancy of rubber fenders and availability of raw materials in adequate amount.
- Based on component, the others segment held the largest share of the global marine fender market in 2018, as the segment comprises evaluation for the fender body and adjacent components such as chains and anchors.
- On the basis of end use, the dockyard segment is anticipated expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to rise in investments for the expansion of port terminals to handle large amount of cargo at terminals.
Global Marine Fender Market: Drivers
The global marine fender market is expanding at a consistent pace, owing to stringency of port regulations and growth in international trade.
- Expansion of seaborne trade is propelling the market for marine fenders. Global trade has expanded significantly over the past few years, thereby boosting and transforming the global economy completely. Currently, on a global scale, approximately 25% of total production is exported. Each year, over 11 billion tons of freight is transported worldwide by large ships and vessels.
- Rise in trade due to industrialization and globalization has led to the expansion of existing vessel ports and harbors in order to maintain the cargo transportation process. Moreover, there is the development of new vessel terminals owing to growth in bilateral trade. Additionally, the emerging trend of leasing ports and their infrastructure development is also driving the demand for water freight transportation. Furthermore, the development of new ports and expansion of existing seaports are also projected to fuel the marine fender market during the forecast period.
Global Marine Fender Market: Challenges
- Marine fenders require periodic maintenance; however, the lifespan of a marine fender is significantly high. Thus, the demand for fenders is mainly dependent upon the expansion of terminals and vessels.
- Marine fenders are highly durable. However, when rubber fenders come in contact with saline water, the quality of the rubber starts to deteriorate. Thus, there is high demand for foam fenders, owing to their high life expectancy in saline water.
Global Marine Fender Market: Key Segments
- The global marine fender market has been segmented based on fender, component, manufacturing process, ownership, end use, and region.
- Based on fender, the rubber segment is expected to hold a major share of the global marine fender market, owing to the high demand for cone and cell fenders. Moreover, cone and cell fenders are preferably used in most industries due to their high shear stress resistance capacity. However, rubber is a conventional material that is used for manufacturing marine fenders, and thus, the high popularity of this material is likely to drive market for rubber fenders.
- In terms of component, the others segment dominated the marine fender market, as evaluation of the fender body and adjacent anchors and chains is part of the others segment. Mounting structure and face pads are used in limited kinds of marine fenders.
- On the basis of manufacturing process, the molding segment is estimated to be the most prominent segment of the global marine fender market. Molding is used to manufacture marine fenders, and is preferred for the production of large marine fenders. Extrusion is mostly employed for manufacturing arc and D-fenders. Thus, this segment is expected to hold a nominal share as compared to other segments.
- Based on ownership, the public segment is poised to account for a major share of the global marine fender market. Port terminals are owned by port authorities. Therefore, maintenance and development of infrastructure, which includes installation of marine fenders and their maintenance, is carried out by port authorities. Moreover, fenders installed on yachts are private-owned, and hence, the private segment holds a significant share of the global marine fender market.
Global Marine Fender Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global marine fender market due to the availability of natural rubber in adequate amount in the region, and expansion of ports in the ASEAN region and China as a result of a rise in trade.
- Moreover, Asia Pacific comprises developing economies that are focusing on strengthening their economies through international trade, thus investing large sums in port development, which is leading to the high demand for marine fenders in the region.
Global Marine Fender Market: Competition Landscape
Key players operating in the global marine fender market are
- ANCHOR MARINE & SUPPLY, INC.
- Bridgestone Corporation
- J.C. MacElroy Company, Inc.
- Lalizas Italia s.r.l.
- MARINE FENDERS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- Trelleborg Marine Systems
- SHIBATA INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.
- THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO., LTD.
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd.
- Urethane Products Corporation.
Marine Fender Market: Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the marine fender market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the marine fender market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the marine fender market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the marine fender market offers readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors driving the marine fender market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and SWOT analysis of the marine fender market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in the Marine Fender Market Report
- How much revenue will the marine fender market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to hold the maximum market share by 2027?
- Which regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall marine fender market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the marine fender market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the marine fender market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the marine fender market?
- How have regulatory norms affected the market for marine fenders?
This report answers these questions and more about the marine fender market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Marine Fender Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the marine fender market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the marine fender market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends, and developments in international seaborne trade, researchers of the marine fender market have arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the forecasts for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the marine fender market, with both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the marine fender market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the marine fender market is expected to grow are based on carefully-vetted primary and secondary sources.
Global Marine Fender Market: Segmentation
This report on the marine fender market provides information on the basis of fender, component, manufacturing process, ownership, end use, and region.