Marine Chronometers: Introduction
- A marine chronometer is a portable equipment that shows precise and accurate time. It can be used to find out accurate longitude of any place by measuring the time of a known fixed location.
- A marine chronometer is a mechanical instrument that is employed at seashore to measure time for navigational purposes. Due to this, it is considered a marine safety equipment. The instrument is required to be kept in a horizontal and stable position to obtain accurate results.
- Several manufacturers of marine chronometers are engaged in research and development of new products in order to meet the requirement of customers in terms of marine safety
- When used in marine evacuation systems, rescue boats, and yachts, marine chronometers play an important role of determining time and longitude of the location for navigational purpose
- Based on material type, marine chronometers are classified into steel case, wooden case, brass, and glass
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Rise in Demand for Marine Chronometers for Use in Marine Applications
- Marine chronometers are largely used in yachts, ships, rescue boats, and marine evacuation systems. This is considered one of the major factors driving the global marine chronometers market.
- In marine applications, marine chronometers help determine exact time and longitude of any specific unknown location
- Marine chronometers can be made of steel case, wooden case, brass, or glass, which helps them withstand in adverse environmental conditions; protects them from undesirable damage; and shows results with high accuracy. This, in turn, makes the process more efficient.
- Moreover, during the production of marine chronometers, high-quality materials are used in order to resist the contracting or expanding effect led by changes in temperature
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for marine chronometers for use in industrial automation applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global marine chronometers market during the forecast period
- However, marine chronometer watches are more expensive than the regular automatic watches, which is expected to hinder the global marine chronometers market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Marine Chronometers Market
- In terms of region, the global marine chronometers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global marine chronometers market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of marine chronometers operate in North America and they are constantly investing in the production of marine chronometers
- The marine chronometers market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Marine Chronometers Market
The global marine chronometers market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for marine chronometers. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global marine chronometers market are:
- Canepa & Campi Srl
- Cassens & Plath GmbH
- Muhle-Glashutte GmbH
- Ulysse Nardin
- Wheems & Path
Global Marine Chronometers Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Chronometers Market, by Material Type
- Steel Case
- Wooden Case
Global Marine Chronometers Market, by Application
- Longitude Measurement
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.