Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a rare form of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). It is a type of blood cancer that affects white blood cells called lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are white blood cells which help fight infections and other diseases in the body. The disease gets its name because it affects lymphocytes in the mantle zone of a lymph node. Lymphocytes are found mostly in the lymphatic system, which includes lymph nodes, spleen, and bone marrow. MCL cells can spread to other lymph nodes or tissues, such as the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and marrow. A study published by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society revealed that about 70,800 new cases of NHL were reported in the U.S. in 2014, with only 6% cases (about 4,200) of MCL. It is diagnosed more often in men than women. Caucasian men and women are at a higher risk than men and women of color. MCL occurs mostly in older population and the average age in which cases are diagnosed is mid-60s. Common symptoms of the disease include abdominal pain or bloating, fever, loss of appetite & weight loss, nausea and/or vomiting, night sweats, indigestion, and feeling discomfort. The type of treatment for a patient suffering from MCL depends on various factors such as age, overall health of the patient, and disease stage.
The global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to rise in the number of people suffering from mantle cell lymphoma and increase in research and development activities in the health care sector resulting in a favorable product pipeline. A study published in Cancer Journal for Clinicians indicated that 3,320 new cases of MCL were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2016. Approvals for various new drugs by federal agencies is expected to drive the global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market. For instance, in May 2018, the FDA approved AstraZeneca’s Calquence (Acalabrutinib) for relapsed or refractory mantle-cell lymphoma in adults. The mantle cell lymphoma treatment market is also driven by development of targeted therapy drugs with low toxicity in combination with approved drugs for the treatment of relapsed mantle cell lymphoma. However, side effects of these drugs such as neutropenia, anemia, and diarrhea are likely to restrain the global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market.
The global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market can be segmented based on type of therapy, route of administration, end-user, and region. In terms of type of therapy, the mantle cell lymphoma treatment market can be categorized into targeted therapy, chemotherapy, biologics, and radiotherapy. Based on route of administration, the global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market can be bifurcated into oral and intravenous. In terms of end-user, the mantle cell lymphoma treatment market can be divided into hospitals and clinics.
Based on region, the global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market can be segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to lead the global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market during the forecast period. The region’s dominance is attributed to rise in prevalence of mantle cell lymphomas and increase in health care awareness among people about early diagnosis. Moreover, the FDA is focusing on rare diseases, including mantle cell lymphoma, by granting accelerated approvals, breakthrough designations, and orphan drug designations to make treatments available for patients with rare diseases. Asia Pacific and Europe are expected to be the other major markets owing to increase in government initiatives and rise in research and development activities.
Key players operating in the global mantle cell lymphoma treatment market include Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Amgen, Inc., Celgene Corporation, Eli Lilly and Company, AbbVie, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Bayer AG, Kite Pharma (Gilead Sciences, Inc.), and Johnson & Johnson.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.