Mandibular Advancement Devices Market: Overview
- Mandibular advancement device (MAD) are most widely used mouth device for sleep apnea patients. Mandibular advancement device (MAD) resembles a mouth guard used in sports. Moreover, these devices snap over the upper and lower dental arches and have metal hinges that makes it possible for the lower jaw to move forward.
- Mandibular advancement device manages snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Most physicians recommend mandibular advancement device over continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy during obstructive sleep apnoea hypopnoea syndrome (OSAHS) due to certain percentage decline in apnoea-hypopnoea index (AHI) using MAD. Apart from reducing AHI, MAD can improve arousal index, oxygen saturation parameters, and increase Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep duration. These factors are likely to drive the global mandibular advancement devices market during forecast period.
- The global mandibular advancement devices market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The growth of this market is expected to be driven by increasing prevalence of sleep apnea, growing number geriatric population with sleep disorder symptoms, rising preference of mandibular advancement devices by physicians compare to CPAP devices, low prices, and high awareness about complications of sleep disorder.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Mandibular Advancement Devices Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market
- The global mandibular advancement devices market is expected to be driven by rising prevalence of sleep apnea and OSAHS, rise in the geriatric population leading to increasing sleep disorder, which is associated with age, and increasing applications of mandibular advancement devices for treatment of snoring and OSA over CPAP systems.
- Increase in the number of patients suffering from sleep disorders, such as OSAHS, rise in awareness about sleep disorder, surge in healthcare expenditure of people, average cost of mandibular advancement devices, and government support for R&D activities are likely to fuel the global mandibular advancement devices market during the forecast period
- According to the Journal of Thoracic Disease, 2018, OSAHS is linked with increased risk of road traffic accidents, cardiovascular disease, and all-cause mortality. It affects 2%–7% of adults, and an estimated 1% of the male population of the U.K. has severe OSAHS. However, CPAP effectiveness is limited by intolerance and poor compliance, with failure rates of 46%–83%.
- According to the American Sleep Disorders Association, mandibular advancement device is introduced into the mouth and modifies the position of the jaw, the tongue, and other supporting structures of the upper airway (UA) for the treatment of chronic snoring and OSA. They are considered a valid alternative for simple snorers, mild OSA patients, mild-moderate OSA with low body mass index, and patients suffering from the syndrome of increased resistance of the upper airway.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market
- North America is projected to account for the prominent share of the market during the forecast period. Factors, such as rise in the geriatric patient population suffering from sleep disorder, increase in sleep apnea disorder among young population, and growth in awareness about OSAHS among people are expected to drive the market in the region.
- Favorable reimbursement policies for recent techniques, expansion in the number of distribution channels, and collaborations with manufacturing units present significant opportunities for players operating in the mandibular advancement devices market in North America
- Increase in the number of visits of patients with sleep disorders and focus of new players to enter into partnerships with laboratories are anticipated to propel market growth in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Mandibular Advancement Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global mandibular advancement devices market are:
- Tomed GmbH
- Aurum Group
- Keller Dental Lab
Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market, by Material Type
Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market, by Application
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome
Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market, by Product Type
- Bite MAD
- Custom MAD
- Semi-custom MAD
Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market, by End-user
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Mandibular Advancement Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.