Malabsorption Syndrome Treatment Market: Introduction
- Malabsorption syndrome is a disorder that occurs when a person is incapable to absorb certain nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals from the diet. A few common disorders associated with malabsorption syndrome are celiac disease and lactose intolerance. Patients with the history of stomach and bowel surgery can also suffer from malabsorption syndrome.
- Malabsorption syndrome can occur if an individual does not have enough amount of enzymes in the body; foreign invaders or bacteria are present in the body; or movement in the large or small intestine is more rapid than usual
- Depending on severity of the condition, cause, and how long the patient has had the disorder, symptoms of malabsorption syndrome may vary
- The most common symptoms of malabsorption syndrome are stomach cramping, diarrhea, gas, fatigue, bloating and stomach distention, stools that appear ‘greasy’ in texture, steatorrhea or stool that is pale white to white in color, and weakness
- For confirmation of the diagnosis of malabsorption syndrome, healthcare professionals recommend the stool test, blood test, breathe test, or imaging test to the patient
- Treatment of malabsorption syndrome depends on type or cause of the disease. Some of the treatment options for malabsorption syndrome are antidiarrheal agents, diet changes, antibiotics, various vitamins, intestinal hormones, medium-chain triglycerides, minerals, anti-inflammatory medications or steroids, and acid-reducing drugs.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers of Global Malabsorption Syndrome Treatment Market
- Increase in the number of people with diseases such as celiac disease, short bowel syndrome, and other intestinal disorders is expected to drive the global malabsorption syndrome treatment market during the forecast period
- According to a study published by Celiac Disease Foundation, currently, the rate of global prevalence of malabsorption syndrome is estimated to be 1.4%, based on the blood test, and 0.7%, based on biopsy. The rate of prevalence of celiac disease was 08% in Europe and Oceania; 0.6% in Asia; 0.5% in Africa and North America; and 0.4% in South America.
Crohn’s Disease Segment to Expand at a Rapid Rate
- In terms of disease condition, the global malabsorption syndrome treatment market can be divided into celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, Whipple’s disease, short bowel syndrome, intestinal disorders, and others
- The Crohn’s disease segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period, due to increase in the number of patients with Crohn’s disease
- According to a study published in the Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology 2019, inflammatory bowel diseases including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are relapsing and chronic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Currently, over 1.5 million people in North America and 2 million people in Europe have inflammatory bowel disease.
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on distribution channel, the global malabsorption syndrome treatment market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- The retail pharmacies segment is expected to account for a major share of the global malabsorption syndrome treatment market by 2027, due to purchase of specialty drugs through retail pharmacies
North America to Dominate Global Malabsorption Syndrome Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global malabsorption syndrome treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Significant economic growth, increased investments, and risen prevalence of causative diseases, such as diarrhea, lactose intolerance, and cystic fibrosis, in the region are factors expected to drive the malabsorption syndrome treatment market in North America during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global malabsorption syndrome treatment market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Abbvie, Inc.
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals
- AstraZeneca plc
- Bayer AG
- Eli Lily and Company
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
Global Malabsorption Syndrome Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Malabsorption Syndrome Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Nutritional Supplements
- Gluten-free Diet
- Protease and Lipase Supplements
- Antidiarrheal Agents
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs
Global Malabsorption Syndrome Treatment Market, by Disease Condition
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Whipple’s Disease
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Intestinal Disorders
Global Malabsorption Syndrome Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.