Lymphopenia Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Lymphopenia is also called lymphocytopenia. Lymphopenia is a state where patients have reduced level of lymphocytes.
- Lymphocytes are one of three types of leukocytes found in the blood. About 20% to 40% of all white blood cells are lymphocyte. Normal lymphocyte count for adults usually ranges between 1,000 lymphocytes and 4,800 lymphocytes per microliter of blood, and for children, normal range of lymphocyte count is between 3,000 lymphocytes and 9,500 lymphocytes per microliter of blood. When the lymphocyte count is less than 1,000 lymphocytes per microliter of blood in adults, and less than 3,000 lymphocytes per microliter of blood in children, then the condition is referred to as lymphopenia or lymphocytopenia.
- Leukocytes act as a part of body’s first-line immune defense against disease-causing pathogens such as parasites, viruses, and bacteria
- Lymphopenia is mostly caused by infection. It may be a sign of an underlying condition, illness, or other factor.
- Treatment of lymphopenia includes treating the underlying disorder, treatment of associated infections, sometimes IV or subcutaneous immune globulin, or possibly hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers of Global Lymphopenia Therapeutics Market
- Rise in infections and diseases such as hepatitis, HIV, and tuberculosis, which increases the risk of lymphocytopenia, drives the global lymphopenia therapeutics market
- Rise in prevalence and incidence of these diseases increases the number of lymphocytopenia cases across the globe. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global lymphopenia therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 10 million incidence of tuberculosis cases were reported and 1.6 million deaths occurred due to tuberculosis across the globe in 2017
Acquired Lymphopenia Segment to Grow at Faster Rate during Forecast Period
- In terms of type, the global lymphopenia therapeutics market can be divided into acquired lymphopenia and inherited lymphopenia
- The acquired lymphopenia segment of the global lymphopenia therapeutics market is anticipated to grow at a faster rate during the forecast period in due rise in prevalence of diseases such as hepatitis, HIV, and other parasitic and fungal infections
- Additionally, various organizations are conducting awareness programs for diseases including HIV and hepatitis. This is expected to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- For instance, during World Hepatitis Day 2019 campaign, the World Health Organization (WHO) was influencing all partners and countries to promote the theme “Invest in eliminating hepatitis”
North America to Dominate Global Lymphopenia Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global lymphopenia therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Factors such as increase in number of approved products for the treatment of lymphopenia and increase in number of cases with infectious diseases is expected to drive the lymphopenia therapeutics market in the region during the forecast period
- USFDA has recently approved several drugs for the treatment of the lymphopenia developed by prominent players such as Merck and AbbVie. Rise in availability of drugs for the treatment of lymphopenia is expected to drive the lymphopenia therapeutics market during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Lymphopenia Therapeutics Market
Key players operating in the global lymphopenia therapeutics market are:
- AbbVie Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
- CSL Ltd.
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Grifols SA
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
Global Lymphopenia Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Lymphopenia Therapeutics Market, by Type
- Acquired Lymphopenia
- Inherited Lymphopenia
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.