LVDS Interface IC Market: Introduction
- LVDS is digital interface for serial communication; sending one bit at time. LVDS helps maintain the high data rates and noise emission low, thus protecting the performance of the front end.
- LVDS standardization, under ANSI/TIA/EIA-644, has increased its application areas. Standards define electrical characteristics for the driver output and receiver input of an LVDS interface. LVDS uses differential signals with low voltage swings to transmit data at high rates, which means voltage differences are used.
- LVDS transfers two different signals simultaneously and at the receiver end, it compares the two different signals to encode the information. Therefore, very less noise is induced during transmission of information.
Rise in Demand for LVDS Interface due to Rise in Demand for Communication Devices
- Advantages of LVDS make it popular in various communication applications, ranging from consumer electronics, automotive, satellite, to military applications. Rise in demand in smart devices is a major factor driving the demand for LVDS Interface IC. In LVDS, transmission of data is faster and requires fewer data lines, which is desirable for large displays, high graphics definition, and fast frame rates. In LVDS, these signals are sent through a differential sequence over bidirectional data lanes and hence, fewer connections are required to interface with the display.
- Use of LVDS Interface ICs for various applications such as LCD display, computers, tablets, cameras, and sensors is boosting the demand for LVDS
Asia Pacific to Hold Largest Market Share
- Increased demand for consumer electronics in Asia Pacific is fueling the demand for LVDS Interface ICs in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period owing to an increase in population and penetration of internet services at a significantly high rate. In terms of end-use industry, the consumer electronics segment, which includes smart TVs, home automation, computers, tablets, and displays, accounted for a notable share of the LVDS Interface IC market in the region.
Key Players in LVDS Interface IC Market
The global LVDS Interface IC market in highly fragmented owing to the presence of various players providing different configurations of LVDS Interface ICs. Several established players are involved in the development and distribution of LVDS ICs.
Key players include:
- Texas Instruments
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- ON Semiconductor
- Analog Devices
- NXP Semiconductors
Global LVDS Interface IC Market Scope
Global LVDS Interface IC, by Type
- Single Channel 6 Bits
- Dual 6-bit
- Single Channel 8 Bits
- Dual 8-bit
Global LVDS Interface IC, by Application
- Infotainment displays
Global LVDS Interface IC, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Satellite
Global LVDS Interface IC, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America