Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market: Introduction
Lumbar hernias occur due to defects in the lumbar muscles or the posterior fascia, below the 12th rib and above the iliac crest. Lumbar hernias develop owing to the weakening of the posterolateral abdominal wall associated with the Petit's triangle or the Grynfeltt-Lesshaft triangle. Lumbar hernias have been misdiagnosed as lipomas muscle strains, fibromas, abscesses, and kidney tumors, causing increased morbidity.
Key Drivers of Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market
Rise is hernia prevalence
According to the American Medical Association, ventral hernia repairs are increasing at an estimated rate of 3% per year owing to rise in the number of surgeries and the high rates of hernia recurrence. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the U.S. National Library of Medicine, abdominal hernias are quite common and considered to occur in no less than two percent of males, although figures from the U.S. put the estimates at 1.5%. Globally, an estimated 20 million hernias are operated on each year. Over 750,000 hernias in the U.S. and 125,000 hernias in the U.K. are operated on per year. Incidence of abdominal wall hernias in different countries varies from 100 to 300/100000 per year.
Increase in Geriatric Population
The global geriatric population continues to increase at an unprecedented rate. Presently, 8.5% of people across the world (617 million) are aged 65 and over. According to a new report – An Aging World: 2015, the percentage is projected to jump to nearly 17% of the world’s population by 2050 (1.6 billion). According to the National Institutes of Health, the population aged 65 and over in the U.S. is anticipated to nearly double in the next three decades, from 48 million to 88 million by 2050. The global population aged 80 and older is expected to more than triple between 2015 and 2050, from 126.5 million to 446.6 million. The population aged 80 and older in some countries in Asia and Latin America is likely to quadruple by 2050.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global lumbar hernia/Bleichner’s hernia treatment market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The lumbar hernia/Bleichner’s hernia treatment market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by private & government organizations and increase in health care management.
Key Players Operating in Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market
The global lumbar hernia/Bleichner’s hernia treatment market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of a number of key players. Leading players operating in the global lumbar hernia/Bleichner’s hernia treatment market include:
- A.M.I. GmbH
- Angiologica B.M.
- Aspide Medical
- Atrium Medical Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International
- C. R. Bard, Inc. (Davol, Inc.)
- Cook Medical, Inc.
- Cousin Biotech
- Covidien (Medtronic)
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market, by Type
- Superior Lumbar Hernia (Grynfeltt-Lesshaft hernia)
- Inferior Lumbar Hernia (Petit hernia)
Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market, by Product
- Hernia Mesh
- Biologic Mesh
- Synthetic Mesh
- Hernia fixation devices
- Tack Applicators
- Glue Applicators
Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market, by Surgery Type
- Open Surgery
Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market, by End-user
- Surgical Centers
Global Lumbar Hernia/Bleichner’s Hernia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.