Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
- Lower respiratory tract Infections (LRTI) are infections that affect the airways (below the extent of the larynx), including the trachea and the alveolar sacs
- LRTI is characterized in numerous alternative ways. Intense infections that affect the airways include acute bronchitis, bronchiolitis and flu, while intense infections that affect the alveolar sacs can include pneumonia.
- LRTI is a broad term that includes acute bronchitis, pneumonia, acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease/chronic bronchitis (AECB), and acute exacerbation of bronchiectasis
- Several microorganisms can cause infections such as virus viz. adenoviruses, coronaviruses, parainfluenza virus, rhinoviruses; bacteria viz. Bordetella pertussis, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Mycoplasma pneumonia, etc. Lower respiratory tract infections are the leading reason behind morbidity and mortality in children and adults worldwide.
- Acute LRTIs (ALRTIs) are a common clinical issue in community and medical clinic settings. Management of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and AECB may pose challenges due to diagnostic difficulty in separating diseases caused by typical and atypical microorganisms and increasing rates of antimicrobial resistance.
- Beta-lactam anti-infection agents, macrolides, and fluoroquinolones are regularly prescribed drugs for the management of ALRTIs
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- The global lower respiratory tract infection market is anticipated to expand considerably owing to an increase in prevalence of lung diseases, a surge in the geriatric population, and an increase in the risk of pneumonia in children
- According to World Health Organization (WHO), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is to blame for 30 million lower respiratory tract infection cases in children worldwide. The prevalence of such viral diseases is estimated to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- Newer advances in treatment and facilities and treatment with lower potential side-effects are also likely to propel the global market during the forecast period. Inappropriate and lack of in-vitro facilities to conduct research studies for novel treatment alternatives is a key factor that may hamper the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market during the forecast period.
- According to the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study (GBD 2015), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lower tract infections (LRTIs) represent the third and fourth most typical causes of death, respectively, after ischemic cardiovascular disease and cerebrovascular disease.
- New and/or more practical vaccines against lung infections and viruses need to be created together with new therapeutic approaches that have to be created to combat drug-resistant bacteria act as major opportunities for the LRTI treatment market
- Side-effects related to the drugs may hamper the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market during the forecast period
North America to Dominate the Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- North America accounts for a major share of the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market share, owing to an increase in the number of hospitalizations and emergency visits associated with acute or life-threatening medical problems. North America is leading the global market due to a rise in the geriatric population and increase in multi-drug resistance bacterial infection among children and immune-compromised adults.
- According to the study by the Society of Critical Care Medicine 2016, over 5.7 million patients are admitted annually in intensive care units (ICUs) in the U.S. for support of airway, breathing or circulation, and comprehensive management of injury
- Government initiatives toward the treatment of the infection is also projected to further propel the lower respiratory tract infection treatment market in North America
- The lower respiratory tract infection treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace due to a rise in patient awareness, improved healthcare infrastructure and facilities, high disposable income, and prevalence of unhealthy lifestyle
- Several pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies are focusing on expansion of their businesses in Asia Pacific to maximize their R&D activities, as the region provides better access to patients for clinical trials with low-cost operational efficiencies
- Increase in government investments in research & development, patient awareness, improved healthcare infrastructure and facilities, high disposable income, and prevalence of unhealthy lifestyles are also expected to boost the LRTI treatment market in Asia Pacific
Key Players of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
The major players covered in the lower respiratory tract infection treatment market report are,
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- AbbVie Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
Global Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, Research Scope
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Type of Infection
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Intravenous fluids
- Humidified oxygen
- Ventilation support
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Medication
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Bronchodilator inhaler
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.