Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
- Lower respiratory tract Infections (LRTI) are infections that affect the airways (below the extent of the larynx), including the trachea and the alveolar sacs
- LRTI is characterized in numerous alternative ways. Intense infections that affect the airways include acute bronchitis, bronchiolitis and flu, while intense infections that affect the alveolar sacs can include pneumonia.
- LRTI is a broad term that includes acute bronchitis, pneumonia, acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease/chronic bronchitis (AECB), and acute exacerbation of bronchiectasis
- Several microorganisms can cause infections such as virus viz. adenoviruses, coronaviruses, parainfluenza virus, rhinoviruses; bacteria viz. Bordetella pertussis, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Mycoplasma pneumonia, etc. Lower respiratory tract infections are the leading reason behind morbidity and mortality in children and adults worldwide.
- Acute LRTIs (ALRTIs) are a common clinical issue in community and medical clinic settings. Management of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and AECB may pose challenges due to diagnostic difficulty in separating diseases caused by typical and atypical microorganisms and increasing rates of antimicrobial resistance.
- Beta-lactam anti-infection agents, macrolides, and fluoroquinolones are regularly prescribed drugs for the management of ALRTIs
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- The global lower respiratory tract infection market is anticipated to expand considerably owing to an increase in prevalence of lung diseases, a surge in the geriatric population, and an increase in the risk of pneumonia in children
- According to World Health Organization (WHO), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is to blame for 30 million lower respiratory tract infection cases in children worldwide. The prevalence of such viral diseases is estimated to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- Newer advances in treatment and facilities and treatment with lower potential side-effects are also likely to propel the global market during the forecast period. Inappropriate and lack of in-vitro facilities to conduct research studies for novel treatment alternatives is a key factor that may hamper the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market during the forecast period.
- According to the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study (GBD 2015), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lower tract infections (LRTIs) represent the third and fourth most typical causes of death, respectively, after ischemic cardiovascular disease and cerebrovascular disease.
- New and/or more practical vaccines against lung infections and viruses need to be created together with new therapeutic approaches that have to be created to combat drug-resistant bacteria act as major opportunities for the LRTI treatment market
- Side-effects related to the drugs may hamper the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market during the forecast period
North America to Dominate the Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- North America accounts for a major share of the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market share, owing to an increase in the number of hospitalizations and emergency visits associated with acute or life-threatening medical problems. North America is leading the global market due to a rise in the geriatric population and increase in multi-drug resistance bacterial infection among children and immune-compromised adults.
- According to the study by the Society of Critical Care Medicine 2016, over 5.7 million patients are admitted annually in intensive care units (ICUs) in the U.S. for support of airway, breathing or circulation, and comprehensive management of injury
- Government initiatives toward the treatment of the infection is also projected to further propel the lower respiratory tract infection treatment market in North America
- The lower respiratory tract infection treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace due to a rise in patient awareness, improved healthcare infrastructure and facilities, high disposable income, and prevalence of unhealthy lifestyle
- Several pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies are focusing on expansion of their businesses in Asia Pacific to maximize their R&D activities, as the region provides better access to patients for clinical trials with low-cost operational efficiencies
- Increase in government investments in research & development, patient awareness, improved healthcare infrastructure and facilities, high disposable income, and prevalence of unhealthy lifestyles are also expected to boost the LRTI treatment market in Asia Pacific
Key Players of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
The major players covered in the lower respiratory tract infection treatment market report are,
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- AbbVie Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
Global Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, Research Scope
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Type of Infection
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Intravenous fluids
- Humidified oxygen
- Ventilation support
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Medication
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Bronchodilator inhaler
Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market, by Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.