Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable: Introduction
- Low smoke-free halogen, commonly known as low smoke zero, is a type of material made of thermoplastic or thermoset compounds that emits limited smoke and no halogen when exposed to fire.
- Low smoke halogen-free (LSHF) cables are specifically used indoors, in public areas, and in poorly ventilated areas and other hazardous environments.
- The low smoke halogen-free cable market is segmented by insulation material, jacket type, type, application, and region.
- The many stringent fire rules and regulations laid down worldwide by governments is likely to drive the overall low smoke halogen-free cable market during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Thermoset Jacket Type
- Based on jacket type, thermoset jacket is the fastest growing segment of the low smoke halogen-free cable market due to its applications. Thermoset jackets are widely used in industrial applications owing to their capability to handle the most rigorous flame tests as well as appropriate physical features.
- Low smoke halogen-free cable is used in applications where insulation with low-smoke generation, low toxicity, and low corrosiveness is required such as industrial, shipboard, rapid transit, and commercial fields, where protection of equipment and human safety is a prime concern.
- In 2019, BASF initiated plans to construct new thermoplastic polyurethanes and engineering plastic plants in Zhanjiang, China. The company is expected to contribute to the global manufacturing capacity for engineering plastics and TPU.
- Manufacturers of low smoke halogen-free cable are highly focusing on mitigating risks and innovate safely. Toward this end, some countries only need a local certification mark; however, other countries of the globe may use harmonized certification systems such as the IECEx.
- However, low smoke halogen free-cables do not have the long track record of performance and there are challenges regarding the lifecycle of these cables, which are the major restraints of the global low smoke halogen-free cable market.
Europe to Lead the Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market
- In terms of region, the global low smoke halogen-free cable market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the low smoke halogen-free cable market throughout the forecast period due to significant investments in infrastructure and innovation.
- Moreover, Europe also houses major manufacturers of low smoke halogen-free cable such as Prysmian and Nexans. This creates a noteworthy growth scenario for the LSHF ecosystem.
- The market in Asia Pacific and North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rapid growth in the construction industry in these regions.
- On the other hand, the low smoke halogen-free cable market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market
Key players operating in the global low smoke halogen-free cable market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for low smoke halogen- free cable. Moreover, key market players are emphasizing on several strategic initiatives to enhance business and establish their manufacturing facilities.
Key players operating in the global low smoke halogen-free cable market are:
- BASF SE
- BOREALIS AG
- Dow DuPont Inc.
- Fujikura Limited
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Nexans SA
- Prysmian Group (General Cable Corporation)
- Orbia (Mexichem Specialty Compounds) Inc.
- Shanghai Kaibo Compounds Factory Co., LTD
- Sumitomo Electric Lightwave Corp.
Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market: Research Scope
Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market, by Insulation Material
- Thermoplastic polyurethane
Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market, by Jacket Type
Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market, by Type
Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market, by Application
- Building and Construction
- Rail Cars
Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.