Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market: Introduction
Aging is characterized by a progression in losing of physiological integrity and function over time. Aging epigenetics refers to changes in gene expression that naturally occur during an organismal lifespan without altering the DNA sequence. Chromatin epigenetics is regulated by several enzymes, which collectively give rise to modifications in DNA methylation and histone methylation/acetylation processes. During aging, chromatin appears to be in a more active state, with an overall decrease in DNA methylation, thus leading to more relaxed global gene expression. Senescent cells are linked with many age-related diseases such as neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease; AD and PD, respectively), cataract, glaucoma, cardiovascular diseases (CVD, atherosclerosis, and hypertension), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), diabetes type II, sarcopenia, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and certain types of tumors. The development of science and medicine has contributed to the increase in human lifespan. However, with increase in life expectancy, an increase in incidence of age-related diseases has been observed. Therefore, it is crucial to find an approach to prevent or delay ageing and the onset of age-related diseases. The only non-genetic approach that can extend longevity is dietary/calorie restriction (DR/CR). This intervention involves a 20% to 40% reduction in calorie intake without causing malnutrition and has been shown to be effective in several species including yeast, fruit flies, nematodes, rats, dogs, and even primates.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market
Increase in Geriatric Population Worldwide
The world’s geriatric population continues to grow at an unprecedented rate. Today, 8.5% of people worldwide (617 million) are aged 65 and over. According to a new report – ‘An Aging World: 2015’, the percentage is projected to jump to nearly 17% of the world’s population by 2050 (1.6 billion). According to the National Institutes of Health, America’s 65-and-over population is projected to nearly double over the next three decades, from 48 million to 88 million by 2050. The global population of the people aged 80 and older is expected to more than triple between 2015 and 2050, growing from 126.5 million to 446.6 million. The population aged 80 and above in some countries in Asia and Latin America is predicted to quadruple by 2050.
Rise in Awareness of Antiaging Products among Generation Y and Later Generations
Anti-wrinkle products are gaining traction as they have formulation well suited to slower the aging process. Major causes of wrinkles include the lack of essential nutrients in the body, exposure to UV light and pollution for higher duration, smoking, dehydration, and drugs, along with other genetic factors. Greater aging anxiety and higher importance of appearance were related to greater likelihood of purchasing anti-aging products.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global longevity & anti-senescence therapy market during the forecast period. The market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future, primarily, due to structured reimbursement policies, increase in prevalence of obesity & cardiovascular diseases, developed health care infrastructure, and continuous research activities in developing advanced technologies in North America.
- The longevity & anti-senescence therapy market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing trend of preventive health care measures in North America.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global longevity & anti-senescence therapy market is highly concentrated, due to strong presence of a few key players. Several manufacturers hold major share in the market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global longevity & anti-senescence therapy market are:
- Acorda Therapeutics
- Calico Life Sciences
- Human Longevity Inc.
- Insilico Medicine
- Oisin Biotechnology
- Proteostasis Therapeutics Inc.
- Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- Senex Biotechnology
- Senolytic Therapeutics
- Sierra Sciences LLC
Global Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market, by Therapy
- Senolytic Drug Therapy
- Gene Therapy
Global Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market, by Application
- Senescence Inhibition
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Neural Degenerative Diseases
- Ophthalmology Disorders
Global Longevity & Anti-senescence Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.