Livestock Disinfectant: Introduction
- Livestock disinfectants are chemicals that are used to prevent the spread of livestock diseases by killing microorganisms such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi. Antiseptics are also made from these chemicals. Iodine, aldehydes, hypochlorite, and hydrogen peroxide are some of the disinfectants used on livestock.
- Livestock disinfectants are also used as antiseptics on livestock such as swine, poultry, aquaculture, and ruminants.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Livestock Disinfectant Market
- The livestock disinfectant market has developed significantly of late. Rise in prevalence of infectious livestock diseases such as avian influenza and fumigatus is expected to boost the demand for livestock disinfectants during the forecast period. Livestock disease outbreaks such as salmonella, hookworms, ringworms, psittacosis fever, and lysine disease have resulted in the adoption of preventive measures for disinfecting livestock. Increase in consumer preference for high-quality, disease-free meat is also likely to propel the livestock disinfectant market in the near future.
- Rise in demand for meat products has resulted in an increase in livestock rearing activity. This is expected to lead to a rise in demand for livestock hygiene products. Furthermore, increase in farm owner concern about hygiene maintenance in cattle sheds is estimated to drive the market. Growth in consumer awareness about the beneficial effects of disinfectants on cattle sheds; and increase in the number of cattle farms are expected to drive the livestock disinfectant market in the near future.
Livestock Disinfectant: Product Segment
- In terms of product, the global livestock disinfectant market can be divided into calcium hypochlorite, sodium hypochlorite, polymeric biguanide, formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, hydrogen peroxide, and others
- The glutaraldehyde segment is projected to hold major share of the global livestock disinfectant market during the forecast period. Glutaraldehyde is a commercial chemical that is primarily used as biocide and disinfectant. It is also used in various end-use industries as an industrial antimicrobial agent as well as pesticide. Furthermore, it is used in poultry house fogging.
- The polymeric biguanide segment is projected to follow the glutaraldehyde segment during the forecast period. Polymeric biguanide is a chemical biocide, which is a polymer that is used in various antimicrobial applications. High demand for polymeric biguanide in the agriculture industry is driving the global livestock disinfectant market.
Livestock Disinfectant: Livestock Segment
- Based on livestock, the global livestock disinfectant market can be segmented into poultry, swine, ruminant, aquaculture, and others
- The aquaculture segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for seafood products, as well as the repopulation of endangered species, represent ample growth opportunities for the aquaculture segment. This is projected to boost the global market for livestock disinfectant in the next few years.
- The swine segment is also estimated to hold key share of the global livestock disinfectant market in the near future. Rise in demand for livestock disinfectants to clean dirty surfaces in swine barns is anticipated to propel the global livestock disinfectant market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Livestock Disinfectant Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the livestock disinfectant market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Livestock Disinfectant Market
- In terms of region, the livestock disinfectant market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global livestock disinfectant market, followed by Europe and North America, during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to intense competition and higher production capacity of livestock disinfectants in Asia Pacific. In terms of demand, ASEAN accounted for significant share of the livestock disinfectants market in the region in 2020. Rise in demand for low-toxicity cleaning products is expected to drive the demand for iodine as a disinfectant in animal farming applications. High economic growth in emerging economies of Asia Pacific such as Malaysia, Thailand, and India is expected to boost the market in the region in the next few years.
- The livestock disinfectant market in North America and Europe is also projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Livestock Disinfectant Market
The livestock disinfectant market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the livestock disinfectant market include:
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
- CID LINES N.V.
- Virox Technologies Inc
- GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
- Evans Vanodine International PLC
- Evonik Industries AG
- Neogen Corporation
- pulsFOG Dr. Stahl & Sohn GmbH
- Sunways Bioscience Ltd.
Livestock Disinfectant: Research Scope
Livestock Disinfectant Market, by Product
- Calcium Hypochlorite
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Polymeric Biguanide
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Livestock Disinfectant Market, by Livestock
Global Livestock Disinfectant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa