Liver Cancer Therapeutics: Introduction
- Liver cancer is a chronic, life threatening, and progressive disorder that begins in cells of liver. The liver is one of the largest vital organs in the body located at upper right abdomen beneath the right lung. The liver primarily produces enzymes and bile to digest food. It also produces blood clotting proteins and purifies the blood by removing harmful materials in it.
- Liver cancer can be of different types such as the cancer which begins in hepatocyte cells known as primary hepatic cancer and the cancer which spreads to liver from other parts of the body. The later type of cancer is more common and is called as metastatic cancer.
- Most of the people do not show the symptoms at early stages of primary liver cancer but in later stages the common symptoms include loss of appetite, upper abdominal pain, abdominal swelling, weight loss, and nausea and vomiting
- Variety of treatment options are available for liver cancer which include radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, surgical resection of tumors, and targeted drug therapy
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market Brochure
Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rates of liver cancer across the globe drives the liver cancer therapeutics market. For instance, according to world cancer research fund, liver cancer is 6th most common cancer across the globe. In 2012, more than 782,000 new cases of liver cancer were diagnosed worldwide.
- According to Cancer.net, in 2019, around 42,030 new cases of liver cancer are anticipated to be diagnosed and more than 31,780 deaths are expected to occur due to liver cancer in the U.S.
- High prevalence of metastatic cancer which spreads from other parts of body such as breast cancer, colon cancer, or lung cancer is likely to drive the liver cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period
- Development of novel innovative therapeutic drugs, strong clinical pipeline therapeutic drugs, increase in awareness among people across the globe, and favorable government support are likely to contribute to the growth of liver cancer therapeutics market
Targeted Therapy Segment to Dominate Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market
- In terms of type of therapy, the global liver cancer therapeutics segment can be categorized into ablation therapy, embolization therapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and chemotherapy. The targeted therapy segment is estimated to dominate the global liver cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- The targeted therapy is administered intravenously through blood and these drugs spread across the body and help kill cancer cells that are present in other parts of body. The targeted therapy most commonly comprises the use of tyrosine kinase inhibitors which inhibit the several kinase proteins that stimulate cancer cell growth.
Secondary Liver Cancer Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type of cancer, the global liver cancer market can be classified into primary liver cancer and secondary liver cancer. The secondary liver cancer segment is estimated to dominate the global liver cancer therapeutics market in 2018 and is projected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
- The secondary liver cancer is also known as metastatic liver cancer. The secondary liver cancer is most common form of liver cancer than that of primary cancer. The secondary liver cancer starts from other parts of body such as pancreas, stomach, colon, breast, and lung.
Intravenous Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on route of administration, the global liver cancer therapeutics market can be divided into oral and intravenous. The intravenous segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The intravenous route is the most commonly preferred route of administration for chemotherapy and also, high osmolality drugs are administered through intravenous route by the health care professionals across the globe
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market Report
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on distribution channel, the global liver cancer therapeutics market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment is anticipated to be the leading distribution channel of the global market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of liver therapeutics drugs at retail pharmacy stores across the globe, large number of retail pharmacy chains, and key trend of tie-up of hospitals with these retail pharmacy chains are likely to contribute to the dominant share of retail pharmacies during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global liver cancer therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High prevalence of liver cancer, early diagnosis of liver cancer, availability of cancer therapeutic drugs, high levels of awareness about the liver cancer in the region, and well- established health care infrastructure are expected to contribute to dominant share of North America in the global market. Moreover, early adoption of technologically advanced diagnostic tools and techniques for liver cancer in the region, and large base of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the region are projected to fuel the growth of the liver cancer therapeutics market in the region during the forecast period.
- The liver cancer therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapidly growing liver cancer patients in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure
- High prevalence of secondary metastatic cancer in the region is one of the key driving factors for the liver cancer therapeutics market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global liver cancer therapeutics market is highly consolidated with a few global players accounting for the majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global liver cancer therapeutics market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.,
- Novartis AG
- Elli Lilly and Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Celgene Corporation
- Merck & Co., Inc.
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Type of Therapy
- Ablation Therapy
- Embolization Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Type of Cancer
- Primary Liver Cancer
- Secondary Liver Cancer
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Route of Administration
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.