Liver Cancer Therapeutics: Introduction
- Liver cancer is a chronic, life threatening, and progressive disorder that begins in cells of liver. The liver is one of the largest vital organs in the body located at upper right abdomen beneath the right lung. The liver primarily produces enzymes and bile to digest food. It also produces blood clotting proteins and purifies the blood by removing harmful materials in it.
- Liver cancer can be of different types such as the cancer which begins in hepatocyte cells known as primary hepatic cancer and the cancer which spreads to liver from other parts of the body. The later type of cancer is more common and is called as metastatic cancer.
- Most of the people do not show the symptoms at early stages of primary liver cancer but in later stages the common symptoms include loss of appetite, upper abdominal pain, abdominal swelling, weight loss, and nausea and vomiting
- Variety of treatment options are available for liver cancer which include radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, surgical resection of tumors, and targeted drug therapy
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market Brochure
Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rates of liver cancer across the globe drives the liver cancer therapeutics market. For instance, according to world cancer research fund, liver cancer is 6th most common cancer across the globe. In 2012, more than 782,000 new cases of liver cancer were diagnosed worldwide.
- According to Cancer.net, in 2019, around 42,030 new cases of liver cancer are anticipated to be diagnosed and more than 31,780 deaths are expected to occur due to liver cancer in the U.S.
- High prevalence of metastatic cancer which spreads from other parts of body such as breast cancer, colon cancer, or lung cancer is likely to drive the liver cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period
- Development of novel innovative therapeutic drugs, strong clinical pipeline therapeutic drugs, increase in awareness among people across the globe, and favorable government support are likely to contribute to the growth of liver cancer therapeutics market
Targeted Therapy Segment to Dominate Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market
- In terms of type of therapy, the global liver cancer therapeutics segment can be categorized into ablation therapy, embolization therapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and chemotherapy. The targeted therapy segment is estimated to dominate the global liver cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- The targeted therapy is administered intravenously through blood and these drugs spread across the body and help kill cancer cells that are present in other parts of body. The targeted therapy most commonly comprises the use of tyrosine kinase inhibitors which inhibit the several kinase proteins that stimulate cancer cell growth.
Secondary Liver Cancer Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type of cancer, the global liver cancer market can be classified into primary liver cancer and secondary liver cancer. The secondary liver cancer segment is estimated to dominate the global liver cancer therapeutics market in 2018 and is projected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
- The secondary liver cancer is also known as metastatic liver cancer. The secondary liver cancer is most common form of liver cancer than that of primary cancer. The secondary liver cancer starts from other parts of body such as pancreas, stomach, colon, breast, and lung.
Intravenous Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on route of administration, the global liver cancer therapeutics market can be divided into oral and intravenous. The intravenous segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The intravenous route is the most commonly preferred route of administration for chemotherapy and also, high osmolality drugs are administered through intravenous route by the health care professionals across the globe
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market Report
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on distribution channel, the global liver cancer therapeutics market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment is anticipated to be the leading distribution channel of the global market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of liver therapeutics drugs at retail pharmacy stores across the globe, large number of retail pharmacy chains, and key trend of tie-up of hospitals with these retail pharmacy chains are likely to contribute to the dominant share of retail pharmacies during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global liver cancer therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High prevalence of liver cancer, early diagnosis of liver cancer, availability of cancer therapeutic drugs, high levels of awareness about the liver cancer in the region, and well- established health care infrastructure are expected to contribute to dominant share of North America in the global market. Moreover, early adoption of technologically advanced diagnostic tools and techniques for liver cancer in the region, and large base of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the region are projected to fuel the growth of the liver cancer therapeutics market in the region during the forecast period.
- The liver cancer therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapidly growing liver cancer patients in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure
- High prevalence of secondary metastatic cancer in the region is one of the key driving factors for the liver cancer therapeutics market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global liver cancer therapeutics market is highly consolidated with a few global players accounting for the majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global liver cancer therapeutics market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.,
- Novartis AG
- Elli Lilly and Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Celgene Corporation
- Merck & Co., Inc.
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Type of Therapy
- Ablation Therapy
- Embolization Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Type of Cancer
- Primary Liver Cancer
- Secondary Liver Cancer
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Route of Administration
Global Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.