Global Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Market: Overview
The lithium-ion batteries have a number of heavy metals and hazardous chemicals. The batteries usually have the lifespan of around five to ten years. The disposal of Li-ion batteries has raised a lot of concerns about the polluting the environment such as soil pollution and water pollution. The overall demand for li-ion batteries has grown in recent years, especially in countries such as China. This growth is mainly due to the rise in the number of energy storage systems and the increased adoption of battery-driven vehicles.
Global Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Market: Notable Developments
Some of the key development in the global lithium-ion battery recycling market are listed below:
- In June 2019, FMC Corporation announced that the company has plans to invest over US$50 million in the coming three years. The investments will be made in the capital improvement projects and will include the reconfiguration of state of the art research and greenhouse facility in Newark, Delaware. For this project, the company acquired land of around 515 acres of the Stine Research Center campus. This acquisition was a part of its takeover of the crop protection business of DuPont back in 2017.
- In March 2019, American Manganese Inc. announced that the company’s latest innovation RecycLiCo™ Pilot Plant is ready for the testing stages of 3,4, and 5. These tests are conducted by Kemtco Research. RecycLiCo™ Pilot Plant will be used for recycling the cathode materials from the used lithium-ion batteries. After the successful completion of the test phases 1 and 2, the company and Kemtco Research decided to move ahead for the final stages. American Manganese Inc. is planning to file a patent for this new process.
- In June 2019, Li-Cycle claimed that it can achieve recycling up to 80% to 100% of the materials in the li-ion batteries. The company uses its flagship two-step recycling process to achieve such a high level of success.
Some of the other key players in the global lithium-ion battery market include names such as Albemarle Corp., Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd., Lithium America, and SQM SA among others.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure
Global Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Market: Drivers and Restraints
The following are some of the key driving factors for the growth of global lithium-ion battery recycling market:
- Environmental concerns: It is one of the major reasons for the growth of the global market. Improper disposal of lithium-ion batteries causes severe harm to the environment such as water and soil pollution. Thus, recycling these batteries have become an increasing priority and ultimately helped in the overall development of the market.
- Government backing: Governments across the globe are pushing for adoption of electric vehicles. It is an initiative taken to curb the growing environmental pollution. Use of electric vehicles requires lithium-ion batteries. It thus creates ample opportunities for the development of the global lithium-ion battery recycling market.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Market: Geographical Outlook
The global lithium-ion battery recycling market is segmented into regions such as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East and Africa. Of these, the global market is expected to be dominated by the Asia Pacific region over the course of the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The growth of the Asia Pacific segment is primarily attributed to the subsidizing lithium-ion battery recycling efforts in emerging economies such as India and China.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.