Lithium-silicon Battery Market: Introduction
- Lithium-silicon battery is a type of lithium-ion battery which contains silicon base as the anode and lithium ions as charge carriers. As compared to graphite and carbon working as anode, silica is required in less amount, which creates more space for lithium ions.
- Lithium-ion batteries are used in several applications such as mobiles, laptops, cameras, e-vehicles, and homes. Due to high demand, companies are currently focusing on introduction of advanced batteries with rapid charging, high power, and long life. Lithium-silicon batteries can fulfill requirements for rapid charging, high power, and long life.
- Lithium-silicon batteries can store 20% to 40% higher energy than other lithium-ion batteries. Companies are investing to increase the battery power by 50% and thereby, provide lighter, more powerful, rapid charging batteries to consumers.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Lithium-silicon Battery Market
- The rise in industrialization and modernization across the globe is estimated to be a key driver of the global lithium-silicon battery market during the forecast period. Use of lithium-silicon batteries offers benefits such as quick charging, reduced battery size and weight, and increased charge cycles.
- Growth of automobile, defense, energy, electronics, and aerospace sectors across the globe is anticipated to boost the global lithium-silicon battery market between 2019 and 2027. Properties such as low weight and flexibility in application in several industries are expected to drive the global lithium-silicon battery market during the forecast period.
- Significant rise in the demand for electric vehicles in the last few years is expected drive the global lithium-silicon battery market during the forecast period. Global electric vehicle sales reached the mark of more than 1 million units in the first half of 2019, which are 46% higher than those in 2018. This rise in the demand for electric vehicles among consumers is anticipated to boost the global lithium-silicon battery market in the near future.
- Lack of awareness about technological potential of lithium-silicon batteries and the availability of low-cost substitutes are restraining factors for the global lithium-silicon battery market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Global Lithium-silicon Battery Market: Segmentation
- The global lithium-silicon battery market can be segmented in terms of battery shape and end-user
- In terms of battery shape, the global lithium-silicon battery market can be segmented into prismatic, cylindrical, coin-shaped, multi-cell, and others. The prismatic segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, due to rise in the demand from various industries such as automotive, aerospace, and military.
- Based on end-user, the global lithium-silicon battery market can be segmented into automobile, aerospace, defense, consumer electronics, and others. The global automobile sector is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, due to high demand for battery-operated vehicles. In the last few years, increase in awareness about environment protection and stringent government rules and regulations have forced companies to adopt new, eco-friendly technologies. Due to these factors, the global lithium-silicon battery market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period.
Global Lithium-silicon Battery Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global lithium-silicon battery market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global lithium-silicon battery market during the forecast period. Due to rise in industrialization in developing countries in the region, such as China, India, Indonesia, and South Korea, the demand for lithium-silicon batteries is expected to increase significantly from 2019 to 2027.
- China dominated the lithium-silicon battery market in Asia Pacific in 2018. It is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period, owing to expansion of the automobile industry in the country. In 2018, electric vehicle sales in China stood at around 1.2 million units, which were almost double the sales in 2017 (0.7 million units).
- The market in North America is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to significant increase in household incomes in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is a major player in the global automobile, military, and aerospace sectors and the country is estimated to dominate the lithium-silicon battery market in the region during the forecast period.
- The lithium-silicon battery market in Europe is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to increased adoption of battery-operated vehicles in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
- In October 2018, Huawei Consumer Business Group introduced the first patented lithium-silicon battery, which provides high power, rapid charging, and safety. The company is planning to use this battery in its upcoming smartphones.
- In November 2019, Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. partnered with BMW and Daimler to develop an advanced version of lithium-silicon batteries. In this deal, the company received funding of US$ 45 Mn. In 2019 itself, the company received funding worth US$ 170 Mn from Daimler AG.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Targray Technology International Inc.
- Sila Nanotechnologies Inc.
- NEXEON LTD
- Enevate Corporation
- EoCell, Inc.
Global Lithium-silicon Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Lithium-silicon Battery Market, by Battery Shape
Global Lithium-silicon Battery Market, End-user
- Consumer Electronics
Global Lithium-silicon Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.