Liposome Drug Delivery Market
Liposome Drug Delivery Market (Product: Liposomal Doxorubicin, Liposomal Paclitaxel, Liposomal Amphotericin B, and Others; Technology: Stealth Liposome Technology, Non-PEGylated Liposome Technology, and DepoFoam Liposome Technology; and Application: Fungal Diseases, Pain Management, Cancer Therapy, Viral Vaccines, and Photodynamic Therapy) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Special Nanomaterials and Liposomes Hold Potential as Antiviral Agents against Coronavirus
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) has exposed the vulnerabilities of healthcare facilities. Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 patients, especially in the U.S. and European countries, research institutes are pressurized to accelerate their R&D activities to develop drugs and vaccines for the treatment of coronavirus. Thus, companies in the liposome drug delivery market are capitalizing on this opportunity to increase their research in nanomaterials such as nanospheres, liposomes, and nanoparticles that are effective antiviral agents. Liposome drug delivery is being leveraged with increased in vivo and in vitro drug activities for routine clinical practices.
Companies in the liposome drug delivery market are increasing their focus on drug delivery nanosystems involving major antiviral classes and their transport across specific barriers at cellular and intracellular levels. Thus, liposomes hold promising potentials in ongoing research studies being carried out by healthcare companies for the treatment of coronavirus.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Liposome Drug Delivery Market
Liposome Drug Delivery Transitions from Conventional Vesicles to Second Generation Liposomes
New strategies in surface modification of liposomes are generating incremental opportunities for pharmaceutical companies. The liposome drug delivery is being highly publicized as a useful biocompatible tool for the vehiculation and delivery of lipophilic, hydrophilic, and ampiphilic compounds. However, high toxicity and resistance in high doses are some of the limitations faced by companies in the liposome drug delivery market. Hence, companies are transitioning from simple conventional vesicles to second-generation liposomes by attuning the lipid composition and surface with different ligands.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies are focusing on surface chemistry of the liposome technology. Increased research in liposome technology are contributing toward a robust CAGR of ~9% for the liposome drug delivery market. PEGylated liposomes are gaining popularity for possessing higher drug loading capacity. Novel drugs such as the CPX-1 encapsulated in liposomes are beneficial for increased disease control in patients suffering from colorectal cancer. As such, the revenue of cancer therapy application segment is projected for aggressive growth during the forecast period.
New Lipid Compositions Optimize Stability and Drug Vehiculization Capabilities of Liposomes
Liposomes are gaining widespread acceptance as Nano-carriers for diverse pharmaceutical applications. Compositions of phospholipids and cholesterol are becoming increasingly useful in liposome drug delivery. On the other hand, nanotechnology is optimizing liposome drug delivery. Hence, pharmaceutical companies are exploring alternative compositions with cholesterol and new techniques such as nanotechnology to enhance the stability and drug release profiles. They are using liposomes to its full potential for the generation of extracellular vesicles by targeted cells.
Companies in the liposome drug delivery market are increasing their R&D activities to unlock new lipid compositions and strategies that optimize the stability and drug vehiculization capabilities of liposomes. Such experiments are instrumental for innovative liposome fabrication. This explains why the liposome drug delivery market is expected to experience favorable Y-o-Y growth, owing to an estimated revenue of ~US$ 8 Bn by the end of 2027. Thus, innovative designs in liposomal architectures are proving beneficial for improved in vivo and in vitro drug activities.
Liposomes Gain Popularity for Enhancing Circulation Time of Hydrophobic Substances
Therapeutic efficacy of PEGylated liposomal Doxorubicin is being leveraged with improved liposomal formulations of galbanic acid (Gba) in the liposome drug delivery market. Galbanic acid is a sesquiterpene coumarin possessing strong antiangiogenic activity, resulting in promising potential as an anti-cancer agent. However, galbanic acid poses limitations in water solubility, thus hampering its clinical applications. Hence, companies in the market for liposome drug delivery are increasing the applicability of PEGylated liposomal Gba produced through the thin film hydration plus extrusion method to overcome limitations of poor Gba solubility.
Present chemotherapeutic agents in cancer chemotherapy are accompanied with several side effects. Hence, companies in the liposome drug delivery market are increasing their efficacy in PEGylated liposomal Gba to minimize side effects in patients. As such, liposomes are acquiring popularity to enhance circulation time and reduce the systemic toxicity of hydrophobic substances such as Gba to leverage their therapeutic efficacy for drugs in the market of liposome drug delivery.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Liposomes are being highly publicized as potential antiviral agents instrumental in reducing social impact and economic burden caused due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Companies in the liposome drug delivery market are gaining expertise in the formulation of advanced liposomes possessing greater solubility and long circulating time to improve drug release profiles.
Surface chemistry of liposome technology has enabled liposomes to be further liganded with vitamins, carbohydrates, and peptides, among others. However, maintaining physical properties of liposomal formulations poses as a challenge for market players. Hence, companies should refer the NRC’s (National Research Council) certified reference material program to comply with industry standards and maintain physical characteristics of liposomal formulations.
Liposome Drug Delivery Market: Overview
- The global liposome drug delivery market was valued at US$ 3.6 Bn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a considerable CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Liposomes are considered the novel drug delivery systems, which are defined as vesicular structures consisting of bilayers formed spontaneously when phospholipids are dispersed in water. Liposomes aid in delivering drugs by the process of diffusion rather than by direct cell fusion.
- The global liposome drug delivery market is driven by rise in prevalence of cancer, which is primarily treated with liposome encapsulated drugs, increase in applications of liposomes as drug delivery systems, its advantages, technological advances, and strong pipeline of drugs
- Advantages offered by liposome drug delivery, including the unique ability to entrap both hydrophilic and lipophilic compounds and enabling a diverse range of drugs to be encapsulated by these vesicles, contribute to the growth of the global market
- Applications of liposomes in drug delivery can be segregated into diagnostic and therapeutic. These applications include anti-fungal, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory drugs, in addition to therapeutic gene delivery. Major drugs formulated by employing liposome drug delivery include Doxil, AmBisome, and DepoDur. Surge in applications of liposomes as drug delivery systems contributes to the growth of the global liposome drug delivery market.
Liposome Drug Delivery Market: Segmentation
- The global liposome drug delivery market has been segmented based on product, technology, application, and region
- In terms of product, the global liposome drug delivery market has been categorized into liposomal doxorubicin, liposomal paclitaxel, liposomal amphotericin B, and others
- Based on technology, the global liposome drug delivery market has been classified into stealth liposome technology, non-PEGylated liposome technology, and DepoFoam liposome technology
- In terms of application, the global liposome drug delivery market has been divided into fungal diseases, cancer therapy, viral vaccines, pain management, and photodynamic therapy. The cancer therapy segment dominated the market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in prevalence of cancer and strong pipeline of drugs focused on offering treatment for various types of cancer.
Liposome Drug Delivery Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global liposome drug delivery market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global liposome drug delivery market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period
- The liposome drug delivery market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to increase in number of patients suffering from chronic diseases and focus of leading players on strengthening presence in emerging markets.
Liposome Drug Delivery Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global liposome drug delivery market are
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Celsion Corporation
- Ipsen Pharma
- Pacira BioSciences, Inc.
- Luye Pharma Group
- Novartis AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Johnson & Johnson
- These players focus on adopting inorganic growth strategies and product launches to strengthen their product portfolio. These players also emphasize on enhancement of technological platforms for the development of liposome drugs. For instance, Celsion Corporation focuses on the development of cancer therapies based on its Lysolipid Thermally Sensitive Liposomes (LTSL), which is a heat-sensitive liposomal formulation. The other technology platforms include TheraPlas, a non-viral delivery system for therapeutic plasmids. The third technology platform is TheraSilence, which aids in delivering synthetically generated inhibitory RNA (RNAi) to regulate protein expression in target cells.
Liposome Drug Delivery Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global liposome drug delivery market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the global market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall revenue of the global liposome drug delivery market from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global liposome drug delivery market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global liposome drug delivery market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global liposome drug delivery market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global liposome drug delivery market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global liposome drug delivery market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include pipeline analysis, drugs in the clinical usage, and regulatory scenario assessment in the global liposome drug delivery market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global liposome drug delivery market. Key players operating in the global liposome drug delivery market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global liposome drug delivery market report.
Key Questions Answered in Liposome Drug Delivery Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by liposome drug delivery across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global liposome drug delivery market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global liposome drug delivery market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which application segment will generate the maximum revenue by 2027 and which product segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Liposome Drug Delivery Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global liposome drug delivery market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global liposome drug delivery market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global liposome drug delivery market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market. The next section of the global liposome drug delivery market report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenarios for liposome drug delivery globally, pipeline analysis, and developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global liposome drug delivery market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global liposome drug delivery market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global liposome drug delivery market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current liposome drug delivery market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global liposome drug delivery market in terms of product, technology, application, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2027 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global liposome drug delivery market.
Liposome Drug Delivery Market – Segmentation
Liposomal Amphotericin B
Stealth Liposome Technology
Non-PEGylated Liposome Technology
DepoFoam Liposome Technology
Middle East & Africa